forum rss feed
Author

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 09, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,
I plan to transfer all of my MC tapes to CDs, does anybody know which hardware would be best to use ? I'd personally prefer some equipment with USB connectivity

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 09, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not aware of any MC-playing equipment with a USB output being available (only record players with USB have been released as far as I know). If you have a good tape deck in your hifi set, I'd recommend buying a good stereo tulip-to-stereo mini jack cable, and connecting to the line-in of your soundcard. If your soundcard is capable of it, it is best to record in 32-bit and to convert (dithering enabled) to 16-bit after recording.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 09, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

I am not aware of any MC-playing equipment with a USB output being available (only record players with USB have been released as far as I know). If you have a good tape deck in your hifi set, I'd recommend buying a good stereo tulip-to-stereo mini jack cable, and connecting to the line-in of your soundcard. If your soundcard is capable of it, it is best to record in 32-bit and to convert (dithering enabled) to 16-bit after recording.

I've seen cassette and VHS decks with USB output at The Source, made by ION I believe (I own one of their USB turntables, though ironically I use the analog RCA outputs to line-in on my PC anyways.....I couldn't get the USB thing to work)

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 09, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting. They're definitely not out yet in Holland.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

inu-liger

Posted: 13 Jan 09, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

ThomasQuinn wrote:

I've seen just one type of eBay but the person delivers only to USA :( But I'll search more

That's a shame.

I'd be willing to help if you want. I have a friend in NY who could probably receive that for you under my account.

pittrek

Posted: 13 Jan 09, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

I've seen just one type of eBay but the person delivers only to USA :( But I'll search more

pittrek

Posted: 13 Jan 09, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you VERY much for your offer, I keep you as a "backup solution"

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Jan 09, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Thank you VERY much for your offer, I keep you as a "backup solution"

Alrighty :-)

PM me if your main plan doesn't go through.