Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Deacon

forum rss feed
Author

carlinpole user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone here!! I am from Argentina and i really wanna know what is about the Jhon Deacon's life. What is he doing? Why he is not in the Queen and Paul Rodger version???
Thanks a lot,

Carlos

TELMO user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very original question...

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[img=/images/smiley/msn/shades_smile.gif][/img] oohhhh...but i don't see an original and unic answer!!! thanks anyway

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He retired from music many years ago and he didn´t want to be part of this new project,he´s resting at home with his big family.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks!! That's what i have been hearing...but...never again????? What does he think about the new tour?? mmm...i think that he did the right thing!!

L-R-TIGER1994

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is part of an interview to Roger:

Interviewer:The other complication you had was that John Deacon had retired. Did you, have you, ever tried to talk him out of it?

RT: No. You don’t try and talk John out of anything, I think, once he’s made a decision, and I think after Freddie went, he really didn’t want anything to do with the music business. He didn’t wanna be in it and he didn’t wanna be around a lot of people, I think. And he wrote us a very nice letter, saying he endorsed fully anything that Brian and myself should do, you know, and would we please continue the flow of cheques. (chuckling) So it’s quite a good arrangement really.

L-R-TIGER1994

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and some more things:

Deacon has reportedly spoken out about May/Taylor/Robbie Williams cover of We Are the Champions, recorded for A Knight's Tale. It was previously thought they had asked Williams to replace Mercury some years after George Michael had also turned down the offer to go on tour with them. In an interview with The Sun about the collaboration he said, "It is one of the greatest songs ever written but I think they've ruined it." "I don't want to be nasty but let's just say Robbie Williams is no Freddie Mercury. Freddie can never be replaced – and certainly not by him."[3] May and Taylor have since toured and recorded with former Free singer Paul Rodgers, using the Queen name despite being only two of the four piece original band. They go by the name Queen + Paul Rodgers.

The death of Queen's lead singer Freddie Mercury affected Deacon deeply, and after playing live with Queen twice more (at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for AIDS Awareness on 20 April 1992, and in Paris on 17 January 1997, performing only "The Show Must Go On" with Elton John on lead vocals), he made the decision to retire from music, re-appearing only briefly by joining his ex-band mates in October 1997 for the recording of the final Queen song No-One but You (Only the Good Die Young), included in the "Queen Rocks" album released a month later. He chose not to be present at Queen's induction into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2001, or join in the collaboration with Paul Rodgers. On the Queen + Paul Rodgers collaboration album The Cosmos Rocks which featured new material from the trio, Deacon was listed in the Thanks Notes on the CD.

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much....you rock!!!

L-R-TIGER1994

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To sum up:he approved what Brian and Roger are doing,but he got bored and tired of music business and also he didn´t  like too much what this new Queen did with other singers.

Posted: 20 Jan 09, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am 100% agree with Jhon!!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 09, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's dead.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 09, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I respect Johns decition, but what I don´t understand is why he didn´t showed up at the introduction to RNR HOF...

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 09, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He did show up.

In an urn.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Brian 1990 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 09, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think John lives in Barnes  (London) ,
he's got six kids as well .

I'm a Queen fan
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 09, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dr. Pepper(The Spiceman) wrote:

I respect Johns decition, but what I don´t understand is why he didn´t showed up at the introduction to RNR HOF...

Well, i've been saying for years that he's a serious case of agoraphobia...

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 09, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken wrote:

Dr. Pepper(The Spiceman) wrote:

Well, i've been saying for years that he's a serious case of agoraphobia...

Yeah, I´ve suspected that too...but...still...the honors of RNRHOF..

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
nationofhaircuts2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 09, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was hooked ( no pun intended) on golf a few years ago, and was seen backstage as a guest with his wife at various open air concerts around the time of Live 8, also as a paying member of the audience at We will Rock You. Roger has said more than once that after the tribute concert John found performing live too stressful, and that he hates/hated to be around a lot of people. Let's hope he is happy and peaceful wherever he is and in what he does.

April user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 440 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 09, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nationofhaircuts2 wrote:

He was hooked ( no pun intended) on golf a few years ago, and was seen backstage as a guest with his wife at various open air concerts around the time of Live 8, also as a paying member of the audience at We will Rock You. Roger has said more than once that after the tribute concert John found performing live too stressful, and that he hates/hated to be around a lot of people. Let's hope he is happy and peaceful wherever he is and in what he does.

Yes, that must be the answer to the question. The simple thing is that John feels rather old unlike Brian and Roger. He can`t stand any more live performances. He doesn`t have enough stamina any more. Which is absolutely natural and normal. Nevertheless we love him!!!

Infallible user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 09, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was fortunate enough to meet John once, at the Royal Albert hall concert he did with Brian and all the other famous people at the Princes trust concert. John did stand at the back of the stage most of the night. I met him after the show as he walked out. He asked my friend and I to quietly follow him away from the crowds where signed my Biggles single. I remember asking him how the recording of the new album (The Miracle I think) was going. He said it was going well, he was polite and softly spoken and he just quickly walked off into the night, probably to his own car. I think Roger and Brian made a few 'boy band' mistakes after Freddie died, without direction they kind of just said yes to any offers they got. If they'd hooked up with someone like Paul Rodgers right away John may still have been around. It didn't help that No One But You wasn't a real hit either.

Infallible
April user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 440 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 09, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very interesting.