Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Made in Heaven

forum rss feed
Author

Sunshine__123456 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 09, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,

Just in a period where I rediscover Made In Heaven, the album. It contains some great songs.

What bothers me about it, are some vocals, like in Made In Heaven, I Was Born To Love You and a bit less in My Life Has Been Saved.
It has this syntitic sound, like a layer on the vocals that makes it sound way too produced, A shame really more because the vocals on Heaven For Everyone and Let Me Live sounds much more natural.
I think it wouldnt have happened with Freddie's input...

What do you think?


You got the right key baby, but the wrong key hole.



ST
k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 535 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 09, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed. These vocal lines do sound synthethic. But, in overall, Made in Heaven is a good album in my opinion. Brand new songs stood out and most cover versions were better than originals. It's peaceful, serene and soothing. Freddie knew how to say goodbye.

Danne user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 09, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



k-m wrote:

Agreed. These vocal lines do sound synthethic. But, in overall, Made in Heaven is a good album in my opinion. Brand new songs stood out and most cover versions were better than originals. It's peaceful, serene and soothing. Freddie knew how to say goodbye.

Especially since he didn't know he was saying goodbye, since most of the tracks were performed in a totally different context (and time of his life).







Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 09, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Danne wrote:



 



k-m wrote:



Agreed. These vocal lines do sound synthethic. But, in overall, Made in Heaven is a good album in my opinion. Brand new songs stood out and most cover versions were better than originals. It's peaceful, serene and soothing. Freddie knew how to say goodbye.


Especially since he didn't know he was saying goodbye, since most of the tracks were performed in a totally different context (and time of his life).






yeah, only Mother Love and A Winter's Tale were written after Innuendo, isn't it ?
Anyway, I do agree with the idea that it is a serene album .... Brian, Roger and John probably knew the message they wanted to send, hence the selection of the other stuff wich was already recorded in many different sessions, context and time.








Bring out the charge of the love brigade
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 09, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Vali wrote:

yeah, only Mother Love and A Winter's Tale were written after Innuendo, isn't it ?



Well, there's "You Don't Fool Me" but that wasn't 'written' exactly.  More like 'assembled'.







"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 09, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The "goodbye" album?

I always thought My Life Has Been Saved was a poor choice for this album. 
Should've used The Invisible Man.  The could have renamed it The Invisible Guy In The Studio Who Says 'Wait Just A Minute, That Doesn't Sound Quite Right'.


jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 09, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Track 13 amazing

Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 09, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah!!!!