Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Announce: Empire Pool, London 1978.05.11 (on Megaupload)

forum rss feed
Author

RoyThomasBaker user not visiting Queenzone.com
RoyThomasBaker
Bohemian: 312 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 09, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By request of FaBu, doktor.ab, ryou.akipe and Dreamweaver on the request forum: http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=1164676  
 
Queen
 
Empire Pool, London, May 11th 1978
 
Lineage: Trade CDR > Wav > Flac
 
Disc 1
 
01 We Will Rock You (slow)
02 We Will Rock You (fast)
03 Brighton Rock
04 Somebody To Love
05 Death On Two Legs
06 Killer Queen
07 Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
08 I'm In Love With My Car
09 Get Down, Make Love
10 The Millionaire Waltz
11 You're My Best Friend
12 Spread Your Wings
13 It's Late
14 Now I'm Here
15 Love Of My Life
16 ‘39 (cut)
 
 
Disc 2
 
01 My Melancholy Blues
02 White Man
03 The Prophet's Song / Guitar Solo
04 Liar (slightly cut)
05 Bohemian Rhapsody
06 Keep Yourself Alive
07 Tie Your Mother Down
08 We Will Rock You
09 We Are The Champions
10 Sheer Heart Attack
11 Jailhouse Rock (cut)
 
 
Disc1
 
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OF2RUWJ7
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RKHB1KKO  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ES2IDYMK  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0J6ZNW3L  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P6KXS7OQ  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9WV2OP04  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSSKFZX2  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EH3NE7VE  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OX114ANX  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PI4S43PO  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DSZAB6QO  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U0CN26TP  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WGKDTEU1  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4HDH5BXB  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YNUX6JMV  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1VV0HX53  
 
Disc2
 
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NA2BBWBG  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZ8VM9T9  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A64C87VZ  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDWMBAFS  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJC15VH7  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z0DVUKQU  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OQ860VKF  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E9PCSYYU  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYCWXN0T  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JBJL2TWW  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SG0UD67V 




Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.
FaBu user not visiting Queenzone.com
FaBu
Bohemian: 444 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 09, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much. My Final London show[img=/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif][/img]


"The reason we´re successful darling? My overall charisma, of cause!" ¨Freddie Mercury¨
vivaqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
vivaqueen
Bohemian: 782 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 09, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a very big THANK YOUUUUUUUU

daffy_the_duck user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 09, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After Pittrek twice yesterday, you share today another concert I didn't have!
The week starts good!

Thank you very much


queenespaña user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 09, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much. I didn't have this concert in my collection.


ryou_akipe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 09, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RoyThomasBaker, thank you very much. I am very happy!!

PBB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1425 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you, didn't have this one.


Look out, take care, there's a lot of music out there...
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 06:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is this lossless? Because I got one from The Hub and it's lossy.


Life Is A Bitch...

RoyThomasBaker user not visiting Queenzone.com
RoyThomasBaker
Bohemian: 312 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Maruga wrote:

Is this lossless? Because I got one from The Hub and it's lossy.



 
01 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track01.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
02 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track02.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
03 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track03.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
04 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track04.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
05 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track05.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 99%
 
06 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track06.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
07 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track07.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
08 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track08.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
09 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track09.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
10 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track10.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
11 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track11.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
12 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track12.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
13 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track13.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like MPEG with probability 95%
 
14 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track14.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like MPEG with probability 95%
 
15 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track15.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like MPEG with probability 95%
 
16 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 1\Track16.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like MPEG with probability 95%
 
 
17 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track01.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like MPEG with probability 100%
 
18 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track02.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like MPEG with probability 100%
 
19 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track03.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like MPEG with probability 100%
 
20 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track04.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
21 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track05.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 99%
 
22 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track06.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
23 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track07.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like MPEG with probability 95%
 
24 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track08.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
25 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track09.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 99%
 
26 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track10.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 100%
 
27 -===- C:\Documents and Settings\RTB\Ambiente de trabalho\Gigs\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London\QUEEN 1978.05.11 - London-Disc 2\Track11.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: This track looks like CDDA with probability 99%






Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mmmm... Some tracks are mpeg... can you do a spectrum analysis?


Life Is A Bitch...

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much, dear. You're my hero. :))) I wanted to listen to a Queen concert - I haven't done so for a while - and your shares - 12-10-1980...oh my, a pity I deleted it, it hurts even - are always a treat.

Again, for the people concerned with quality standards:

1) I'm no collector. 

2) I don't keep files or concerts to myself.

3) I don't share any file which may be lossy.
 
Just saying that in advance to avoid getting the usual Psalms and lectures and stuff. :)))


Yara
on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Yara wrote:

Thank you very much, dear. You're my hero. :))) I wanted to listen to a Queen concert - I haven't done so for a while - and your shares - 12-10-1980...oh my, a pity I deleted it, it hurts even - are always a treat.

Again, for the people concerned with quality standards:

1) I'm no collector. 

2) I don't keep files or concerts to myself.

3) I don't share any file which may be lossy.
 
Just saying that in advance to avoid getting the usual Psalms and lectures and stuff. :)))  

I usually like your posts but I'm really not too fond of the disclaimer you seem to add to your posts now. If I were you I would reread the so-called lectures ;-) Doing these 3 things you name will not solve the problems the people from the so-called lectures talk about. I think you've missed the various valid points raised in those topics.














on my way up
Rami user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 918 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much!!

RoyThomasBaker user not visiting Queenzone.com
RoyThomasBaker
Bohemian: 312 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Yara wrote:

Thank you very much, dear. You're my hero. :))) I wanted to listen to a Queen concert - I haven't done so for a while - and your shares - 12-10-1980...oh my, a pity I deleted it, it hurts even - are always a treat.

Again, for the people concerned with quality standards:

1) I'm no collector. 

2) I don't keep files or concerts to myself.

3) I don't share any file which may be lossy.
 
Just saying that in advance to avoid getting the usual Psalms and lectures and stuff. :)))  


Yara,

se quiseres, posso subir novamente esse show ou qq outro. Sem problema.







Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.
Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



on my way up wrote:



 



Yara wrote:



Thank you very much, dear. You're my hero. :))) I wanted to listen to a Queen concert - I haven't done so for a while - and your shares - 12-10-1980...oh my, a pity I deleted it, it hurts even - are always a treat.

Again, for the people concerned with quality standards:

1) I'm no collector. 

2) I don't keep files or concerts to myself.

3) I don't share any file which may be lossy.
 
Just saying that in advance to avoid getting the usual Psalms and lectures and stuff. :)))  


I usually like your posts but I'm really not too fond of the disclaimer you seem to add to your posts now. If I were you I would reread the so-called lectures ;-) Doing these 3 things you name will not solve the problems the people from the so-called lectures talk about. I think you've missed the various valid points raised in those topics.












Right. Well, I, for one, think that we can disagree on this particular issue and still like each other's posts and inputs. Yours have been very important, I really mean it. All I'm saying is that you guys who do indeed a great job in preserving the quality of the recordings don't have to worry about ME: I don't keep the concerts and I don't share them in lossy format either. If the version, though, is still wandering about as MP3, and the only way I can have a reasonably quick access to it is through MP3, either because there are no seeders or the lossless version has not come up, I'll do it, listen to it a lot and simply efface it from the HD, without sharing, copying or doing anything else beside...listening to the concert, which is my priority - if there's a lossless version available, I'll certainly go for it. If there's not, or it's getting too hard to access it, well, I do what I just did and then delete the whole stuff after listening. I'll barely have time, when the school year begins next month, to listen to any of this in a nice stereo sound system - I'll have to stick to my old good-fashioned Ipod. : ))))))

I know many collectors myself. I have a friend who has probably the stuff I'm most interested in - he used to be not only a collector and committed taper, but also a huge Queen fan... : )))) Believe me, if there's a person here he doesn't worry about when it comes to sharing recordings is me. Among other things, because of those 3 or 4 points I mentioned - I think in the other post there were 4 points.

A big hug and a kiss, on my way up!

And a huge thanks to Roy, of course.   








Yara
on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Yara wrote:



 



on my way up wrote:



 



 



 



 



Yara wrote:



 



Thank you very much, dear. You're my hero. :))) I wanted to listen to a Queen concert - I haven't done so for a while - and your shares - 12-10-1980...oh my, a pity I deleted it, it hurts even - are always a treat.

Again, for the people concerned with quality standards:

1) I'm no collector. 

2) I don't keep files or concerts to myself.

3) I don't share any file which may be lossy.
 
Just saying that in advance to avoid getting the usual Psalms and lectures and stuff. :)))  



 


I usually like your posts but I'm really not too fond of the disclaimer you seem to add to your posts now. If I were you I would reread the so-called lectures ;-) Doing these 3 things you name will not solve the problems the people from the so-called lectures talk about. I think you've missed the various valid points raised in those topics.












Right. Well, I, for one, think that we can disagree on this particular issue and still like each other's posts and inputs. Yours have been very important, I really mean it. All I'm saying is that you guys who do indeed a great job in preserving the quality of the recordings don't have to worry about ME: I don't keep the concerts and I don't share them in lossy format either. If the version, though, is still wandering about as MP3, and the only way I can have a reasonably quick access to it is through MP3, either because there are no seeders or the lossless version has not come up, I'll do it, listen to it a lot and simply efface it from the HD, without sharing, copying or doing anything else beside...listening to the concert, which is my priority - if there's a lossless version available, I'll certainly go for it. If there's not, or it's getting too hard to access it, well, I do what I just did and then delete the whole stuff after listening. I'll barely have time, when the school year begins next month, to listen to any of this in a nice stereo sound system - I'll have to stick to my old good-fashioned Ipod. : ))))))

I know many collectors myself. I have a friend who has probably the stuff I'm most interested in - he used to be not only a collector and committed taper, but also a huge Queen fan... : )))) Believe me, if there's a person here he doesn't worry about when it comes to sharing recordings is me. Among other things, because of those 3 or 4 points I mentioned - I think in the other post there were 4 points.

A big hug and a kiss, on my way up!

And a huge thanks to Roy, of course.   







I wasn't really talking about my own posts(but other people with a vast knowledge of collecting in general). But collecting Queen recordings is important for me. And every recording is important. I get your point and the main problem is that MP3 is still being shared and that's not your fault. So I don't blame you for that. I only find that those 3 or 4 points you mentioned don't add anything to your posts. You can just comment wothout mentioning the issue.

Is your friend-collector willing to do trades? If yes, I'd like to trade with him.

And let us know what you think of this Essen show;-)








on my way up
doktor.ab user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 09, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A very BIG BIG thank you!Thanks for all your efforts Roy!


tassilo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1660 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 09, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a lot!


Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 09, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ to dear on my way up

Ok, my last post in this thread, I don't want to disturb Roy's share.

We disagree. That's clear. The reason why I often bring up these points is very straightforward: I don't collect or keep to myself unofficial material from any band or artist. I think it's unethical. In fact, both unethical and illegal - so that's why listening to what's been recorded is my priority: I listen to the stuff for a while and delete it. And it's not as if I didn't miss listening to some concerts, I do - but I do what I think is right. And what I think is right isn't what other people think is right, and I FULLY respect that - I don't try to impose my views, I just make them clear.

I think that Queen did a huge amount of effort to pull off these live concerts: it took time, dedication, talent and resources. So there they are, they make the best they can to give people a good time, and then someone comes in with a tape and takes control of something that doesn't belong to him, but to Queen - the reason why so many concerts sound so good is partially, let's say, due to the fact that Queen's playing was top-notch, Freddie had a strong voice, their sound equipment was very expensive and some of the venues had great accoustics. 

So I give credit to the taper, for sure, but to the extent that he enables me to listen to Queen's material for a while - but it's still Queen's and I'll only keep it to myself and enjoy a collection of live concerts if, and only if, Queen decides to release more stuff. Just like I enjoy Neil Young's official live releases: I love Neil Young. I have all his official live recordings, and I'm lucky that he has released a lot of gems - Sugar Mountain 68', Filmore 71 with Crazy Horse, Massey Hall '71 - just in the recent years!!!

I have all Queen's official cds. All the dvds. I listen to audience recordings out of curiosity - if I want to enjoy the sound, I resort to the cds, to Rock Montreal, Live Aid, Milton Keynes, and IT'S ENOUGH FOR ME. 

That's just ME.  Me, Yara. It's not a universal rule and I don't pretend it to be, I don't claim I'm morally superior or anything - it's just my way of seeing things. 

To end on a lighter note, being already employed in an Orchestra myself, though I wouldn't dare calling myself a musician!, I imagine how I would react if someone recorded - as it has already happened, by the way - our performance again: I'd go nuts. I don't want people witnessing my humiliation: a recording of me messing the chords, being out of tempo, playing a beautiful fuge and making it sound as if it were noise from a traffic jam, failing to reach a higher or lower note when singing, going clearly out of tune, without excuse!

Nooooooooo!!! In the very unlikely hypothesis of me becoming a musician, I don't want to be bootleged!!! : )))))

Best Regards,

Yara.  

 








Yara
Hugowan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 66 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 09, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My goodness!!!

Is Yara: the perfect fan???