Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Any Live Shows this Summer

forum rss feed
Author

Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 09, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look like a great summer of gigs here in the UK, Metallica at Knebworth, AC/DC at Wembley Stadium, Springsteen Hyde Park, what are the chances of Queen/PR doing some festival dates, maybe Download?

"Give it to me one more time!"
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 20 Feb 09, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

god only knows....
Could be nice though. I always like open air summer shows. Great atmosphere...!

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2017 posts

Posted: 20 Feb 09, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

T IN THE PARK.sounds good..if only

redspecialusa user not visiting Queenzone.com
redspecialusa
Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 20 Feb 09, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thequeen wrote:

Russian Headlong wrote:

Look like a great summer of gigs here in the UK, Metallica at Knebworth, AC/DC at Wembley Stadium, Springsteen Hyde Park, what are the chances of Queen/PR doing some festival dates, maybe Download?

great = good ? I'm having trouble reading this .... I mean are you serious ?

chances Queen + PR playing are ZERO btw !

Only in your fragile mind, young padawan.

"Let us cling together as the years go by; Oh my love, my love.

In the quiet of the night,

Let our candle always burn;

Let us never lose the lessons we have learned." - Brian May
jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 09, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Half the band maybe =SAS band for some shows

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 09, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thequeen wrote:

Russian Headlong wrote:

great = good ? I'm having trouble reading this .... I mean are you serious ?

chances Queen + PR playing are ZERO btw !

FAIL.

Your taste in music sucks.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Snefru user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 99 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 09, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been told from inside information, that there is NO planes for any tour this year. There is no 'splitt up' really. They just don't tour. That's it!!!

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10014 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 09, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Wanker", "Sieg heil", wow, I love your inteligence

Posted: 21 Feb 09, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thequeen wrote:

ACDC sucks ....
Bruce Springsteen sucks .....
Metallica .....sucks nowadays (with exception of the years 1982-2000)

Q+PR = OVER , because they KNOW they suck too ....

over to you , wanker !  [img=/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif][/img]

Then Queen sucks as well, dearie.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Peta user not visiting Queenzone.com
Peta
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 09, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Administrator of QOL says:

yeah there is a bit of action coming your way...had a meeting about it last week, nothing concrete, but they are shaping something up.

I think there is still a hope..:-)

04.10.08 - Hannover, 05.10.08 - Hamburg, 28.10.08 Budapest, 31.10.08 Prague, 1.11.08 Wien
jadedlady user not visiting Queenzone.com
jadedlady
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 09, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peta wrote:

Administrator of QOL says:

yeah there is a bit of action coming your way...had a meeting about it last week, nothing concrete, but they are shaping something up.

I think there is still a hope..:-)

Good news by the sound of that {I hope.}

Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 09, 00:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would think if they are going to gig anywhere,they will gig in the U.S.and poss Australia.

Thats a big if.

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 09, 02:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bo Rhap wrote:

I would think if they are going to gig anywhere,they will gig in the U.S.and poss Australia.

Ugh, I hope not.  It'll bomb like the album did and I don't think I could handle the radiating awkwardness.

They might've had me during the 05 tour, I have to say.  The Q+PR thing was still new enough and I wouldn't have had to have sat through "We Believe".  Now that the album's out, I don't think I could spend money on a Q+PR show.  I'd happily pay to see Brian and Roger though.  I feel they do the Queen thing better, having heard them do things like "I Want It All", "The Show Must Go On", "These Are The Days Of Our Lives"...  not to mention "No One But You". 

Actually, now that I think about it, I might see them if they come.  But really it's because of Brian and Roger.  In fact I'd pay for the ticket just to see "Bijou".
The Paul Rodgers stuff can be my chance to catch my breath and maybe go get something to eat.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 26 Feb 09, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Bo Rhap wrote:

Ugh, I hope not.  It'll bomb like the album did and I don't think I could handle the radiating awkwardness.

They might've had me during the 05 tour, I have to say.  The Q+PR thing was still new enough and I wouldn't have had to have sat through "We Believe".  Now that the album's out, I don't think I could spend money on a Q+PR show.  I'd happily pay to see Brian and Roger though.  I feel they do the Queen thing better, having heard them do things like "I Want It All", "The Show Must Go On", "These Are The Days Of Our Lives"...  not to mention "No One But You". 

Actually, now that I think about it, I might see them if they come.  But really it's because of Brian and Roger.  In fact I'd pay for the ticket just to see "Bijou".
The Paul Rodgers stuff can be my chance to catch my breath and maybe go get something to eat.

Yeah, I think only Brian and Roger are worth seeing. I love Blues-Rock but not the Paul Rodgers brand of it. I love Roger and Brian's live rendition of "I Was Born To Love You"(from Japan).

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 09, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thequeen wrote:

EXACTLY MY FEELINGS !!!!!!!!! (clearly dissapointed in TCR eh Zebonka ? me too [img=/images/smiley/msn/broken_heart.gif][/img] )

In parts.  Basically most parts where it was Paul Rodgers singing the 'ooooooooooh' sound.  Like in the start of "Time To Shine".  Or most bits in "Through the Night". 
Or parts where he wasn't really exerting himself.  Bits of "Warboys" for example, he just sounds like he's phoning it in.

There's parts where he puts in a good vocal performance, even if the song is naff. "Call Me".  And there's bits where I really like what he does, like in a couple of lines during "Some Things That Glitter".  One phrase in particular is pure Freddie.

But to answer your question; I was quite disappointed.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
queenside user not visiting Queenzone.com
taking my ride with destiny
queenside
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this summer i'm hoping to see uriah heep in croatia (actually it's in may) and heaven and hell somewhere in germany. 10 days ago i was at saxon/iced earth show and it was great cos of saxon, i don't like IE. an about a month ago i saw blackmore's night, longest concert i ever seen, they played for 2h 40min, ritchie was really in the good mood, it was their first concert this year and also first since they got married, also great show

I watched as fear took the old men's gaze

Hopes of the young in troubled graves

I see no day, I heard him say

So grey is the face of every mortal