Forums > Queen - General Discussion > These are the days of our lives feels unfinished

forum rss feed
Author

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone else agree that these are the days of our lives feels like its unfinished? its so empty and lacking something, thats why we improved it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_pfoWaIrfU

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unfinished? You must be joking.

So, you ruined the intro with a few gratuitous (and utterly useless) piano notes, and you copied the synth-pad track on digital piano and mixed that onto the track. The only thing you managed to achieve was a complete destruction of the serene spaciousness of the track.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Treasure Moment

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

no it feels unfinished, as if things are missing instrumentally.

Freddie Mercury is God

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

ThomasQuinn wrote:

You added nothing except for a carbon copy of the synth pads and a few chord-tones in the intro!

Treasure Moment

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

ThomasQuinn wrote:

You added nothing except for a carbon copy of the synth pads and a few chord-tones in the intro!

Its like 2 new instruments added, i know it already has some strings but you can barely hear them, that "nothing" does ALOT for this song, its strings plus piano AND a whole new piano solo.

Freddie Mercury is God

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...which does nothing except thicken the orchestration. And your 'solo' consists of a few unimaginative chord-tones.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

...which does nothing except thicken the orchestration. And your 'solo' consists of a few unimaginative chord-tones.

yes it thickens it and thats the point, as for the solo i dont care what you say, it fits the song perfectly, my brother did that.

Freddie Mercury is God

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

ThomasQuinn wrote:

yes it thickens it and thats the point, as for the solo i dont care what you say, it fits the song perfectly, my brother did that.

Thickening the orchestration serves no purpose whatsoever here, as there is no thinly orchestrated section to contrast it to. Disregarding for a moment that the synth strings and piano take up roughly the same section of the acoustic spectrum here (and thus drown each other out), the added piano track would have little or no perceptible result. You seem to think that anything that sounds consonant and boring suits the song, and you obsessively tell us that you are sheer genius, but you still come up with the same kind of junk as a year ago. You are not improving, if only because you are too arrogant to learn from anything or anyone.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

ThomasQuinn wrote:

Thickening the orchestration serves no purpose whatsoever here, as there is no thinly orchestrated section to contrast it to. Disregarding for a moment that the synth strings and piano take up roughly the same section of the acoustic spectrum here (and thus drown each other out), the added piano track would have little or no perceptible result. You seem to think that anything that sounds consonant and boring suits the song, and you obsessively tell us that you are sheer genius, but you still come up with the same kind of junk as a year ago. You are not improving, if only because you are too arrogant to learn from anything or anyone.

Say what you want, all that matters is that i KNOW that it makes the song alot better, its about feeling, the song was empty as it was.

Freddie Mercury is God

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And with those words, you again condemn yourself to a life of mediocrity. You just refuse to be the least bit critical of yourself, and that is the worst trait a musician could possibly have.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3039 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To me, TATDOOL (along with, let's be frank, virtually all of Queen's catalogue) is perfect in it's arrangement, production, and thought as to what is and isn't in the final mix.  Whether any of us actually like specific songs is however always open to questions of personal preference, but the view that this track, or any others, are not complete arrangement-wise simply cannot be justified.

I haven't listened to your mix, but don't need to know that it doesn't improve on the original - the most that you could say about it is that it is a different version/mix.

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Say what you want, all that matters is that i KNOW that it makes the song
alot better, its about feeling, the song was empty as it was.

I heard they are looking for a replacement for Paul. You should apply.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

To me, TATDOOL (along with, let's be frank, virtually all of Queen's catalogue) is perfect in it's arrangement, production, and thought as to what is and isn't in the final mix.  Whether any of us actually like specific songs is however always open to questions of personal preference, but the view that this track, or any others, are not complete arrangement-wise simply cannot be justified.

I haven't listened to your mix, but don't need to know that it doesn't improve on the original - the most that you could say about it is that it is a different version/mix.

check it out, trust me its better than the original and remember that is the only song i think is unfinished.

Freddie Mercury is God

Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you think you've improved the song it in any way, you're delusional. I have a feeling the band had a better idea how they wanted the song to sound.... than you! I'm also pretty sure no ones gives a fuck whether you think the song is unfinished.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Negative Creep wrote:

If you think you've improved the song it in any way, you're delusional. I have a feeling the band had a better idea how they wanted the song to sound.... than you! I'm also pretty sure no ones gives a fuck whether you think the song is unfinished.

and im sure no one gives a fuck what you think either specially when you know shit about music and what can be improved or not.

Freddie Mercury is God

Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I'm real sure lots of people are listening to "your" music. Maybe Brian should start getting in touch with you, so you can help improve all his recordings for him!

Treasure Moment

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Negative Creep wrote:

Well, I'm real sure lots of people are listening to "your" music. Maybe Brian should start getting in touch with you, so you can help improve all his recordings for him!

im just talking about this particular song, it feels unfinished.

Freddie Mercury is God

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Anyone else agree that these are the days of our lives feels like its unfinished? its so empty and lacking something, thats why we improved it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_pfoWaIrfU>

hahaha...
funny guy.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Anyone else agree that these are the days of our lives feels like its unfinished? its so empty and lacking something, thats why we improved it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_pfoWaIrfU

hahaha...
funny guy.

Not really, just telling facts.

Freddie Mercury is God

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 09, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers improves Queen songs. You ruin them.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!