Forums > Personal > Complaints, Gripes, Grievances . . . 2009 Edition ^_^

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think last year, we had some sort of a topic where you could list your pet peeves, things that annoy you greatly, etc. etc. though not certainly with the title I gave this thread.

I've been wanting to vent off about work-related stuff, so I'll begin:


THINGS THAT I FIND QUITE RUDE ABOUT SOME CUSTOMERS

-People who either are still listening to their goddamn earbudded iPods (usually in one ear) or talking on the cellphone about things not order-related while I am trying to take their order, and making me look like an idiot when I have to repeat myself several times

-After I've taken the previous customers' payments and am JUST starting to take care of their orders, some people decide that this is a non-verbal way of saying "I can help who's next in line" and come up to my till expecting me to make the prior customer wait longer and take their order. THIS annoys me a great deal.

-Homeless bums who literally smell like feces, stale urine, and/or alcohol. Do they not have any shame?? 'nuff said there (we DO get quite a lot of homeless bum customers, considering I work downtown, and we have a problem with homelessness here that the local provincial gov't doesn't seem keen on fixing anytime soon)

-People who ask for lots of condiments that IMO really shouldn't go with fries (like mayonaisse, Sweet n Sour sauce or anything that's not ketchup or vinegar)

I might add more as I think of other BS I deal with on a daily basis :P


Anyways, feel free to vent off here chaps :)


JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iggy Pop!
get a life,get a shirt you wrinkly old pensioner!!!!!!!!!

thanks i feel better for that :-]


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:

I think last year, we had some sort of a topic where you could list your pet peeves, things that annoy you greatly, etc. etc. though not certainly with the title I gave this thread.

I've been wanting to vent off about work-related stuff, so I'll begin:


THINGS THAT I FIND QUITE RUDE ABOUT SOME CUSTOMERS

-People who either are still listening to their goddamn earbudded iPods (usually in one ear) or talking on the cellphone about things not order-related while I am trying to take their order, and making me look like an idiot when I have to repeat myself several times

-After I've taken the previous customers' payments and am JUST starting to take care of their orders, some people decide that this is a non-verbal way of saying "I can help who's next in line" and come up to my till expecting me to make the prior customer wait longer and take their order. THIS annoys me a great deal.

-Homeless bums who literally smell like feces, stale urine, and/or alcohol. Do they not have any shame?? 'nuff said there (we DO get quite a lot of homeless bum customers, considering I work downtown, and we have a problem with homelessness here that the local provincial gov't doesn't seem keen on fixing anytime soon)

-People who ask for lots of condiments that IMO really shouldn't go with fries (like mayonaisse, Sweet n Sour sauce or anything that's not ketchup or vinegar)

I might add more as I think of other BS I deal with on a daily basis :P


Anyways, feel free to vent off here chaps :)

Those peeves are pretty reasonable. Why would anyone want to dip French fries(or 'Freedom fries' for patriotic Americans) in mayonaisse? To get fatter? Just something I'm curious about- what's the obesity rate of Canada compared to the US?









"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pieter sometimes dips his Chick-fil-A waffle fries in mayo. ;-P

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mayonaise is awesome, you weirdos.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YES. My chance to vent to the world.

Living in a triple with the most obnoxious roommates. The newest addition to this place isn't so bad...but so many horrible stories. Lack of privacy. One of my loud, obnoxious, bitch-of-a-roommate keeps me up late as she talks to her boyfriend on the phone, CONSTANTLY harassing him and calling him "baby" in the worst imaginable voice.....she then wakes me up early every morning doing the same thing. She is on teh phone with him 24/7 with her blue-tooth headset. I want to destroy it. They talk all day lovey dovey bullshit and then get sick of each other by the time night comes and she keeps me up all nigh screaming at him, telling him to propose to her, etc. So fucking annoying. Also, this particular roommate has MASSIVE hygiene problems. I live in a suite, two rooms connected by a common bathroom. She goes to the bathroom (I'm talking ALL of the above going to the bathroom, like....erm....prefer not to get into detail but you know) WHILE TALKING ON THE PHONE WITH HIM! I dont even know why or how you'd want to do that! WTF. And she doesn't ever wash her hands. EVER. I have a massive bottle of hand sanitizer for my own sanity. She tells me that she sits on the floor of our nasty shower....that is shared with 6 girls. It's so bad I wear sandals in ther.e..and she just sits on the floor ignoring the mold on teh curtains pretending it's a bathtub. ew ew ew ew. She coughs and sneezes all over teh place without covering her mouth....I could go on. On top of all this....she's the most self-centered person I ever met. Soemtimes I raelly do go crazy, listening ot her on the phone....nwo I drain her out with heavy metal in my headphones.

And hah, one of my orignal triple members teamed up with her to wake me up at 4:30 am one morning, crying hysterically as if they were having a bad acid trip, telling me there was a ghost in the room. An angry 18 yr old male spirit.....poor hygiene roommate wrote down everything he "said" on a piece of paper....i read it...ah was ridiculous. Other roommate told me I walked right thorugh the ghost on my way to the bathroom. Long story short, she left us. Was one horrible night...was pissed as hell waking up at 4 am and not sleeping the rest of the morning.

I could go on FOREVER. I'm actually starting a blog about all of this. So far it's just one long massive entry. Written a lot better than what I just wrote...I'm in a   rush...

but yes...here me world: TRIPLES SUCK (if you have horrrible luck like me).


"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, here's one:  People who take out their bad moods on others! 
  



Formerly MHG
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 09, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Saif wrote:







inu-liger wrote:



I think last year, we had some sort of a topic where you could list your pet peeves, things that annoy you greatly, etc. etc. though not certainly with the title I gave this thread.

I've been wanting to vent off about work-related stuff, so I'll begin:


THINGS THAT I FIND QUITE RUDE ABOUT SOME CUSTOMERS

-People who either are still listening to their goddamn earbudded iPods (usually in one ear) or talking on the cellphone about things not order-related while I am trying to take their order, and making me look like an idiot when I have to repeat myself several times

-After I've taken the previous customers' payments and am JUST starting to take care of their orders, some people decide that this is a non-verbal way of saying "I can help who's next in line" and come up to my till expecting me to make the prior customer wait longer and take their order. THIS annoys me a great deal.

-Homeless bums who literally smell like feces, stale urine, and/or alcohol. Do they not have any shame?? 'nuff said there (we DO get quite a lot of homeless bum customers, considering I work downtown, and we have a problem with homelessness here that the local provincial gov't doesn't seem keen on fixing anytime soon)

-People who ask for lots of condiments that IMO really shouldn't go with fries (like mayonaisse, Sweet n Sour sauce or anything that's not ketchup or vinegar)

I might add more as I think of other BS I deal with on a daily basis :P


Anyways, feel free to vent off here chaps :)


Those peeves are pretty reasonable. Why would anyone want to dip French fries(or 'Freedom fries' for patriotic Americans) in mayonaisse? To get fatter? Just something I'm curious about- what's the obesity rate of Canada compared to the US?



Honestly couldn't tell you - I don't know atm. BUT it's getting pretty high enough that the gov't actually wants to try and cut down on it, partly since higher obesity rates = more taxpayer $$$ spent on healthcare for those people :(


inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Mar 09, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



AspiringPhilosophe wrote:

OK, here's one:  People who take out their bad moods on others! 


Oh GOD, that's another one I should add to my 'customers' list.

Sometimes, even though we get a lot of people who are obviously having stressful days or whatever, some of them decide to act like friggen assholes to you just for the sake it, and usually when we say that we are out of certain product or condiments.

There was this customer one time, whom we told that his chicken nuggets were going to be a couple minutes (as it was near closing time and our orders were being cooked on a by-order basis) and decided to get in an arrogant rant all of a sudden about our supposedly unclean store (basically was nitpicking about stupid shit and blowing it out of proportion), and I said to him that if he kept insisting on arguing despite what we told him otherwise, that I would have no choice but to call mall security to escort him out of the building (believe me, there have been several instances where I've had to call security for various reasons - you wouldn't believe some of the weirdest people I've had to get them to deal with) . He shut up afterwards needless to say.


Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Mar 09, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate Lunch Limbaugh.



"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» user not visiting Queenzone.com
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»
Bohemian: 479 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Mar 09, 20:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok..I guess I can name a few....Can't stand people who stand in the middle of the shopping aisle taking up room and gabbing to people they know, and having barley enough room to get through with your cart!

Being in the drive-through just to get a Timmie's coffee and haivng to wait 15 minutes because the person in front of you has ordered the whole menu. Or any drive-through for that matter.

Waiting in the Emergency Room....need I say more.

People who chew their food with their mouth's open......so gross!

People who follow too closely behind you while driving.











¥~Ït’š iñ thë LåÞ øf thè Gódš~¥
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get really really angry when I see little kids on Rock concerts with no ear protection. When I warn the parents about the danger they are  exposing their children to they often tell me that "they like it" How stupid is that. It's like telling me that a 2 year old child likes playing in the middle of the highway, so let them...

I get the creeps when the push buttons on cash machines are all greasy and dirty, it really turns my stomach. I also hate  dirty seats in buses and trams and garbage all over the place in streets and public buildings. Not to mention dog dirt and chewing gum on the sidewalk. But then I think I must be a very happy person when I do not have any worse problems:)


I do not want any google ads here.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 04:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm...

I guess I could also say, I don't like it at all when people smoke marijuana at rock shows.....happened twice at Q+PR (Vancouver 2006), and nearly gave me a headache there. Happened again at Roger Waters a year later (for fuck sakes, Pink Floyd music does NOT require you to be high in order to enjoy it! Gits)


Going into public dirtiness, I HATE it when people don't do any of the following after they've gone to the washroom:
-Flush the toilet (GROSS)
-Wipe the toilet seats which have been slightly pissed on (unfortunately, again considering the mall I work in, it's become a habit for myself, out of hygienic necessity, to check the toilet seats before I sit down to do my business [img=/images/smiley/msn/sad_smile.gif][/img])


Also, even though I don't have to take care of cleaning the tables in the food court, I still find it disrespectful when people leave big messes of garbage on their trays on the tables. I personally didn't care so much when it was smaller messes I cleaned up after when I was at my previous location, but some people (usually teens) intentionally left big messes on, and sometimes around(!) the table for us to clean up after :-(

Oh well, karma will strike them eventually...

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote































































































































«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» wrote:































































Waiting in the Emergency Room....need I say more.






























































Believe me dear, I know what you mean.

When I was in the hospital a couple years back, I passed out and collapsed in the waiting room about half an hour after I got there (having lost a quarter of my blood mass......I'd explain more if you're interested :P )!
But the half hour prior to felt almost like a long time, sort of agonizing :-(


Being in the drive-through just to get a Timmie's coffee and haivng to wait 15 minutes because the person in front of you has ordered the whole menu. Or any drive-through for that matter.


Yeah. I couldn't even count how many times I've been bitched at for long waits like that, due to someone ahead of them ordering the whole menu like you put it, LOL.
It's not MY fucking fault this guy ahead of you wants to be a pig :-/ - maybe you should have went elsewhere......jeez.

However, I wonder if the petroleum industry is bribing them (Timmy's) to make their drive-thru employees work slower, for one [img=/images/smiley/msn/tounge_smile.gif][/img]


bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



YourValentine wrote:

I get really really angry when I see little kids on Rock concerts with no ear protection. When I warn the parents about the danger they are  exposing their children to they often tell me that "they like it" How stupid is that. It's like telling me that a 2 year old child likes playing in the middle of the highway, so let them...


This is something that I'm humming and hawing over myself... I'm seeing The Who in a month and I'm asking myself the big question : do I take ear plugs with me?  I can't really afford proper ones from the audiologists, and I don't want my experience ruined by those cheap foam ones.
I never go to rock concerts, or pubs, or anywhere, and it's been a couple of months since I've gigged... surely a one off won't kill me?

Unless there's a stampede.







"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate mayonnaise. Now, my list... let's see... :) 

Old people who always need to go somewhere at the time when I go to school. Today one hysterical old lady almost broke my rib with her elbow because she thought that I'm going to steal her seat. =/

Snobs. 

I dislike people who hate religion just as much as I dislike religious fanatics.

Closed-minded people.

Injustice.

Reality shows. Why would I want to watch bunch of semi-retarded airheads drinking their morning coffee?








I'm sick of all my kicks.
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka , you are an adult (at least physically), your ears are not so sensitive as the ears of a little child - they can get seriously affected for life by one too loud concert over 1 hour. Above that, you will notice when it starts to hurt and you will protect your hearing automatically, even if you use a piece of tissue. Because you can get  a permanent hearing damage if you don't. Children do not notice when the noise starts to hurt them.

Certainly one show is not so harmful as non-stop IPod all day long.


I do not want any google ads here.

Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



YourValentine wrote:

Certainly one show is not so harmful as non-stop IPod all day long.


Over hereee. :D







I'm sick of all my kicks.
-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



I get really cheesed of with immigrants coming over here and taking our jobs, council homes and our white god-fearin wimmen folk. A good lynchin would sort them out.



I'm none too keen on homosexuals either. It's not that I have anything against gay sex, other than the fact it makes me want to puke my guts out, and what two consenting adults get up to behind closed doors is their business, buy is it too much to ask that they be castrated, chained to the back of a truck and dragged through the streets as a warning to others.

Homeless people really get on my nerves. If they really enjoy staying out doors in all weathers, why don't we just round them up and keep them in a field. They could then be slaughtered and used to feed the poor.

Athiests really piss me off as well. I'm a great believer in respecting the beliefs of others but athiests don't have any beliefs and as such dont deserve any respect. I think we should feed them to wild animals, lions perhaps, until they change their godless ways.

And most of all I hate people who only read the first two or three lines of my posts, assume that I'm a right wing lunatic and fill my PM box with hate mail.

fatty.



Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This fatty dude rocks.

I love him.


I'm sick of all my kicks.