Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > We Want Made In Heaven II

forum rss feed
Author

FabriQ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Mar 09, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone, this is a project to ask mainly Brian May about creating a "new" Queen record with Freddie on vocals, that's why the project is entitled "Made in Heaven II".

If you agree and think it's a good idea, get more info at our blog:

http://mih2.freddiemercury.com.ar/

Cheers,
Fabri

doxonrox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 09, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me know where the petition is that would vote "no" on a silly project like this....

Diegus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 02 Mar 09, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Count me in.

Why is it silly?

I find some other things silly buddy. There's the material, there's the genious of those who made MIH, so why not.

nukerojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 09, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doxonrox wrote:

Let me know where the petition is that would vote "no" on a silly project like this....

You are silly stupid moron.

jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 09, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MADE IN HEAVEN II

FTW

KVKV

Cheers,
Dr. Horsie

CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd like to know how you got the impression that there's enough Freddie material left for such a project in the first place...

I personally would not pay to hear Brian and Roger add their parts to "Yellow Breezes", "Gazelle", or even "Face it Alone".  Not even the more complete demos like "I Guess We're Falling Out" are really worth bothering with.

I don't have Greg Brooks' knowledge on this (the lucky guy!) but surely we got the best of the unused stuff when "Made in Heaven" came out.  Wouldn't you know it, even that wasn't good enough for some people who reckon it was a poor job...  hehe.

I would happily listen to retakes of old songs, though Brian sounded unenthusiastic about the idea on his Soapbox lately.  "One Year of Love" with an "I Was Born To Love You" instrumentation would sound brill, I think.  A PROPER Queen edit of "Living On My Own" as well...  chuck all five hundred of those lousy remixes in the bin and put some freakin' Queen on there already.  Sonic volcano time.

It would just be nice to get an Anthology someday.  Clearly there's not enough (useable) stuff left for another Made In Heaven style album, but that isn't to say that there aren't some listenable (or at least remotely interesting) demos left.  We've probably heard them all but I'd like them on a proper CD, as opposed to burnt media that will expire someday.

There's always Two Worlds Apart, of course...

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
oh-ja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 225 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I'd like them on a proper CD, as opposed to burnt media that will expire someday.

dream on ... your so called "proper" cds will expire some day, one day, too ... 
nothing lasts forever! (except vinyl, of course ... at least if not playing it ...)

on the way since jazz ...
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 06:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh-ja wrote:

nothing lasts forever! (except vinyl, of course ... at least if not playing it ...)

Even cold November rain...

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Shaka Kaak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it could be a very good album with whole new material from Brian May's Collection

Shred as you are
Trojan Knight user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After having released an album like "cosmos rocks" they could release "Made In Heaven II" and end up good in the balance

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not enough material left with a decent vocal take from Freddie
besides, hwy revisit old stuff when yo can write new... never going to happen.

All but maybe 1 or 2 tracks were used on MIH, Brian may possibly think about a one off track but I can't see that being high on his agenda.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dream on ... your so called "proper" cds will expire some day, one day, too ... nothing lasts forever! (except vinyl, of course ... at least if not playing it ...)

Practically speaking though, if I take care of them they will outlive me.  And after that, who gives a smeg!??

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Diegus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When i read "material with Freddie", that includes both his solo work as well as his Queen demos! I'm sure that's their intention when they created that blog.

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't want Made in Heaven 2.
I don't want any Queen related product unless it's a live concert or anthology box set.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are living in a dream land.  Just about the only Freddie stuff I can think of that is remotely useable would be "Self Made Man".  And that's mostly a Brian song anyway.

There's nice ideas in the demos.  I love "It's So You" for instance, but COME ON....   seriously, wake up.  It's not 1994 anymore.  Nothing to see here, apart from maybe the odd retake that Brian may or may not want to do on a rainy day...

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. There are no usable demos left in the Jedi Archives. It has been confirmed many times that all they've got are raw versions of already released songs and brief chunks of garbage
2. An internet petition had never in the history of the internet acompished something. It's just a waste of time and money
3. Last official term for the anthology box set vol.1 was Christmas 2009

FabriQ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 03 Mar 09, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have any information about how many songs or demos there are in total to make
MIH II, but there's got to be more than what you can easily hear today on the
internet. On the other hand, there could be some new songs. To give an example, in
"News Of The World" there are two songs sung by Brian and one sung by Roger. In this
new album there could be one sung by each and a duet (like "No One But You" or an
arranged version of this song, given that it is a song which never came out in an
"""official""" album). There could be another instrumental theme "Last Horizon" like
or "Bijou" like. They could also take Freddie's solo songs like "There must be more to
life than this" and "Love me like there's no tomorrow" and rearrange them.

Let's see this commentary from a Brian May interview for one of spain's most famous
newspapers:
What is going to happen with all that unreleased Queen material circulating in the web
(demos like feelings feelings, I guess we're falling out, self made man, etc? Will you
ever edit it like a record or in a box like Freddie Mercury's tribute box? Thank you
very much.

Brian: Soon we will keep on thinking what to do with that material and possibly in the
future we will work with it again, but one thing is true: The call from the present
and the future is stronger right now.

Spanish Source :
http://www.elmundo.es/encuentros/invitados/2007/07/2620/index.html

Ok, let's think that at least some material could be recicled so as to make three new
songs, let's add an intro and ending for the record, plus the examples given before,
that gives us a total of eleven tracks, and that is enough for a new record.
If there is something that keeps this dream from coming true it is not lack of
material, but Brian and Roger's disposition upon embarking in a project this big.

Cheers,
Fabri (The hopeful stupid man from Dream Land)

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 09, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love it if Brian and Roger did a new track with Freddie-vocals for inclusion on a boxset. Like adding some new guitar and drums to a track which was never finished. But a whole album? No thanks. I'd much rather see a new album with Paul Rodgers. After it's been out for over 6 months I can safely say it's one of my favourite Queen-albums - I'd rate it waaaay higher than most of their post-ADATR output.

redspecialusa user not visiting Queenzone.com
redspecialusa
Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 09, 01:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thequeen wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

You are living in a dream land.  Just about the only Freddie stuff I can think of that is remotely useable would be "Self Made Man".  And that's mostly a Brian song anyway.

There's nice ideas in the demos.  I love "It's So You" for instance, but COME ON....   seriously, wake up.  It's not 1994 anymore.  Nothing to see here, apart from maybe the odd retake that Brian may or may not want to do on a rainy day...

1st : WHO the fuck are you talking to ?
2nd : Have you seen/heard ANY material OUTSIDE the internet ? NO ? I wish you good luck finding that
you clearly have NO IDEA what exactly there still is ...Zebonka
3rd : Do you actually know how they would use the demos Freddie is on ? (have you been working with Brian & Roger ?)

have a good night !

Made In Heaven  II bring it on ! !! !

1. What the hell is your problem? Zebonka seemed as though he was breaking 'reality' to you in a nice way.
2. Change your tampon, it seems as though it's about that time.
3. As many demos as Brian has in his personal archives...how many of those do you honestly think were developed enough, and had a clean enough vocal take for them to work with? It's demos we're talking about here...scratch tracks...can you not hear that Made In Heaven sounds like a lot of the album was 'patched' together?
4. Unless you're blowing Greg Brooks, I don't see otherwise how one can have such exclusive access to Queen's rare recordings (outside of the internet).

"Let us cling together as the years go by; Oh my love, my love.

In the quiet of the night,

Let our candle always burn;

Let us never lose the lessons we have learned." - Brian May
bobo the chimp

Posted: 04 Mar 09, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thequeen wrote:

1st : WHO the fuck are you talking to ?  

You, dumbo...

2nd : Have you seen/heard ANY material OUTSIDE the internet ? NO ? I wish you good luck finding that
you clearly have NO IDEA what exactly there still is ...Zebonka

I'm in the same boat as all you chaps, I only hear what Greg Brooks lets people record serreptitiously.  Bless him; he pretends to not want people to do it, but he makes it so easy.  The "PROPERTY OF QUEEN PRODUCTIONS" thing is just to cover his ass and make it look like he cares.  Really he's more of a Robin Hood though; letting the fans hear stuff that they should've been able to buy by now...

So aside from the studio version of "Hangman" that JSS is sitting on for some bizarre reason, nope - I only know what you know.  Although judging by these posts of yours, maybe I know a little more... but that's no achievement.  I simply hung around the Announce forum for a while.

3rd : Do you actually know how they would use the demos Freddie is on ? (have you been working with Brian & Roger ?)

Actually I'd like to turn that question back to you.  I'd love to know how you think they'd make something listenable out of "A New Life Is Born", where he's barely even singing in English.  Or "You Are The Only One" - a beautiful song that is unfortunately made up out of 'deee dee daahs' like "Face It Alone.  "I Guess We're Falling Out" is a pretty lousy vocal performance in the context of a Queen release - he was capable of far better at the time.
"Robbery" is kinda cool, but Freddie's vocals on the demo cut out suddenly.  Maybe Brian has the rest, or maybe they don't exist, but even so - some of those lyrics are 'da  da daa's as well.
As I've said before, "Self Made Man" is a pretty useable song, I think.  Not much Freddie in it though.
Another one I'm fond of is "It's So You".  If they were to cut it in length and put some decent instrumentation on there, it might be useable.
"Feelings" was a pretty cool song, but I'd love to know how you would:
A)  Fix the problems with it.
B)  Incorporate it with later period Queen.  How would it have sounded on Made in Heaven?  It would've been out of place, that's how it would've sounded.

I don't think "There Must Be More To Life Than This" is worth poking with a long stick, let alone revamping into a full Queen song.  I think he'd been hanging out with Michael Jackson too much at that stage...

You are in denial if you think there's enough unreleased Freddie material for another full length album that would sound any good compared to Made In Heaven
Brian himself has intimated in a vague fashion that they could (possibly) rework past stuff, like certain Hot Space songs that deserve better instrumentation. 
And, like with the Beatles Anthology, I reckon they could chase up maybe 2 Freddie demos and turn them into songs. 

You need to understand though; we already got the Best of the Rest in 1995.  Why on earth would it be any different?
Again, it's like the Beatles.  Macca wants to release "Carnival of Light" after it's been in a vault for 40 years.  Not because it's a sleeper success or their finest work; but because it's quaint and avant gardé and I guess he thinks it's finally time to put rumours to sleep.

have a good night !

Trust me, I will...

Made In Heaven  II bring it on ! !! !

Dream on, more like it...