Forums > Personal > How many Queenzoner's play in band?

forum rss feed
Author

jadedlady user not visiting Queenzone.com
jadedlady
Bohemian: 189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 09, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How long have you been playing? What type of music & instrument{and what brand?}  do you play? Who were your influences? Do you play more than one genre of music? Etc.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 09, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I used to play the guitar in a hard rock band, but I had to move to another city to attend classes at university. Due to my studies, I haven't practiced properly since november or so, with a small exception in February. During that period, all I did to improve musically was to study harmony. Once I get used to my new schedule over here, I'll start practicing again, and once I'm in good shape I'll start looking for a band. My goal is to create a blues rock/early hard rock/early heavy metal band (you know, that bluesy sound from the late 60s: Cream, Jimi Hendrix Experience, early Led Zeppelin, early Black Sabbath...), but while I don't find musicians with the same interest, any kind of rock band will do for me, so that I'll at least be active.




We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 09, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do.

Reggae. With an unintentional touch of disco, I think. Sounds horrible. But it's not.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







jadedlady user not visiting Queenzone.com
jadedlady
Bohemian: 189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 09, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



Poo, again wrote:



I do.

Reggae. With an unintentional touch of disco, I think. Sounds horrible. But it's not.



Who were your musical influences if any. Sounds interesting[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img] . Also is it a hard genre of music to play?

Reply to Raf, what a very detailed post, it was good to read [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img] .






Yogurt user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yogurt
Royalty: 1927 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 09, 23:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I play piano.
yamaha
since i was 11 yrs old.
so that would be 9 years now




I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!

jadedlady user not visiting Queenzone.com
jadedlady
Bohemian: 189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 01:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish I chose to keep up my piano  lessons when I was younger. Good you kept at it Yougurt[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img] .
Raf, forgot to say what a good and detailed  post you made [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img] .

jadedlady user not visiting Queenzone.com
jadedlady
Bohemian: 189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Raf wrote:

I used to play the guitar in a hard rock band, but I had to move to another city to attend classes at university. Due to my studies, I haven't practiced properly since november or so, with a small exception in February. During that period, all I did to improve musically was to study harmony. Once I get used to my new schedule over here, I'll start practicing again, and once I'm in good shape I'll start looking for a band. My goal is to create a blues rock/early hard rock/early heavy metal band (you know, that bluesy sound from the late 60s: Cream, Jimi Hendrix Experience, early Led Zeppelin, early Black Sabbath...), but while I don't find musicians with the same interest, any kind of rock band will do for me, so that I'll at least be active.


I like how you went into detail with your post. Good to read ones like this [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img]







inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I play drums in a local band called Unbalanced. Our style is kind of hard to summarize in one word, as we do hard rock, some metal, punk, and 'funk-rock'. You get the idea.

I've been in the band since September 2007, and have played 5 live shows to date. Although we haven't recorded an album yet, we do put out some demos online as well as live material, which you can hear some examples of on our website http://www.unbalanced.ca


On the side, I can also play some bass and guitar (mostly rhythm - I only read tabs unfortunately, although I am slowly starting to learn some songs by ear better these days as opposed to relying on tabs). My favourite song to play bass along to is Pink Floyd's "Money".


jadedlady user not visiting Queenzone.com
jadedlady
Bohemian: 189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:

I play drums in a local band called Unbalanced. Our style is kind of hard to summarize in one word, as we do hard rock, some metal, punk, and 'funk-rock'. You get the idea.

I've been in the band since September 2007, and have played 5 live shows to date. Although we haven't recorded an album yet, we do put out some demos online as well as live material, which you can hear some examples of on our website http://www.unbalanced.ca


On the side, I can also play some bass and guitar (mostly rhythm - I only read tabs unfortunately, although I am slowly starting to learn some songs by ear better these days as opposed to relying on tabs). My favourite song to play bass along to is Pink Floyd's "Money".

Good post  and thanks for the link which I will go check out. I think it's amazing that you are able to play 3 instruments. What is your favorite one to play?






inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



jadedlady wrote:







inu-liger wrote:



I play drums in a local band called Unbalanced. Our style is kind of hard to summarize in one word, as we do hard rock, some metal, punk, and 'funk-rock'. You get the idea.

I've been in the band since September 2007, and have played 5 live shows to date. Although we haven't recorded an album yet, we do put out some demos online as well as live material, which you can hear some examples of on our website http://www.unbalanced.ca


On the side, I can also play some bass and guitar (mostly rhythm - I only read tabs unfortunately, although I am slowly starting to learn some songs by ear better these days as opposed to relying on tabs). My favourite song to play bass along to is Pink Floyd's "Money".


Good post  and thanks for the link which I will go check out. I think it's amazing that you are able to play 3 instruments. What is your favorite one to play?


Drums, of course. That's the easiest for me to do by ear :-)

Bass would be 2nd.


inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh I forgot to mention you can watch video of our first show with the current line-up from last year on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/inuliger

Was good for a first show I guess, but I was a bit rough then, and I got a lot better since then :-)


jadedlady user not visiting Queenzone.com
jadedlady
Bohemian: 189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:

Oh I forgot to mention you can watch video of our first show with the current line-up from last year on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/inuliger

Was good for a first show I guess, but I was a bit rough then, and I got a lot better since then :-)



I mean this your band is pretty damn good. [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img] , I am listening to  it as I type [img=/images/smiley/msn/shades_smile.gif][/img] .





inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cheers!

BradJarre user not visiting Queenzone.com
BradJarre
Royalty: 1086 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I play the keyboard/piano in my band called, Credit Crunch, And i sometimes sing....
We mostly cover 60s 70s songs from The Who/Queen and beyond, But we are still looking for members.



IF ANY ONE WANTS MY MSN ITS TOPGEAR1990@HOTMAIL.COM

I love cool edit pro.

Working on a tribute cd and need some input for songs from you:D

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



jadedlady wrote:



 



 



 



Poo, again wrote:



 



I do.

Reggae. With an unintentional touch of disco, I think. Sounds horrible. But it's not.



 



Who were your musical influences if any. Sounds interesting[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img] . Also is it a hard genre of music to play?

Reply to Raf, what a very detailed post, it was good to read [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img] .





My personal influences? All of them? Too many to list.

But lately it's been random and unknown reggae-ish bands.








[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I don't play in a band...

..but I'm a singer, and I sing with a quartet that specializes in classical vocal quartet repertoire.  (La di da).
..and sometimes, the soprano and I do concerts of classical and opera duets.


"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im a singer, its just 3 of us right now, but hopefully there will be 4 again someday.

i play bass and piano, a little bit of guitar, but i suck at it.

played piano since i was 10, wrote songs since i was about 7 or 8, played bass since i was 14 and have been attemptign to teach myself guitar.

my range is ridiculous, but im too shy to use all of it yet.

i dont have a band name yet.



"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
jadedlady user not visiting Queenzone.com
jadedlady
Bohemian: 189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 09, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cool you people have such varied tastes and styles in your music[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img] .

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 09, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish I played in a band.  Does that count? ;-)

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 09, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I should be in a band, I suppose, but aside from some fill-in work I did in January - nada.



"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller