Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > AQ Australia & NZ Queen archives website is now launched

forum rss feed
Author

Aussiequeens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 09, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Finally after about 3 years of working on this project we have agreed to open up the Aussie Queens Australia and New Zealand Queen Archives. 
http://www.aussiequeens.com/archives/mainpage.htm

It is not finished by any means but there is enough to get you all started. We will be working on the site now live. We have a pile and I mean a PILE of more data to go in to the archives. So whilst looking a bit empty in places we have material waiting for us to process it all.

Well check it out if you like. Some lists in the index have inputted text for material about to go in but are not hyperlinked. Just give me a few days and I will get that processed next for you. 

for the moment the main areas of data input include:
Sunbury, Queen Australia tour 1976
Queen Abroad and other
Brian May Solo tour
WWRY sections both NZ and Australia
Take a look around for the other bits in there. But these are the main built up areas for the moment content wise.

Regards Nicole

Aussie Queens

Australia and New Zealand Queen Fan club
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 09, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know with our history this isn't going to come across well....

Looking at the Sunbury section, I see: 

A photo which I could click and see.
3 photos which I couldn't
A list of magazine articles (3) that I couldn't look at.

My stock closing line here would be something sarcastic about the definition of "content", but to be honest I'm too disappointed - I always like to see new material about Queen, and thought I might there for a minute.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 09, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aussiequeens wrote:

Finally after about 3 years of working on this project we have agreed to open up the Aussie Queens Australia and New Zealand Queen Archives. 
http://www.aussiequeens.com/archives/mainpage.htm

It is not finished by any means but there is enough to get you all started. We will be working on the site now live. We have a pile and I mean a PILE of more data to go in to the archives. So whilst looking a bit empty in places we have material waiting for us to process it all.

Well check it out if you like. Some lists in the index have inputted text for material about to go in but are not hyperlinked. Just give me a few days and I will get that processed next for you. 

for the moment the main areas of data input include:
Sunbury, Queen Australia tour 1976
Queen Abroad and other
Brian May Solo tour
WWRY sections both NZ and Australia
Take a look around for the other bits in there. But these are the main built up areas for the moment content wise.

Regards Nicole

You called Queen commie fags when they first went to Australia. Your site has nothing new on it. It's all copied from more dedicated sites, like www.queenconcerts.com and www.queenarchives.com and www.queenpedia.com

GO RIDE YOUR CROCODILE!

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 03:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jacob Britt wrote:

You called Queen commie fags when they first went to Australia.

But they are.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to go with P_G here. There's practically nothing new on that entire website. I expected some more info, photos, maybe even footage concerning the Sunbury gig. Alas, this wasn't the case.

I do like the concept though, so please keep us updated.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting... Not much to see at this point though it has some potential. It does need some key and unique features to stand out from the other sites though.

PS: Any chance of actually seeing the 76 Australia tour sticker? Or for me personal, buying it? :P

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the feedback.  We have had to open it up fully finished or not. Take it or leave it we will get it to the level it is meant to be at over time.

The experts can help out if you want by starting to fill in details on Queen in the AQ wiki - it was attached to the site last night but this is the direct link for it if anyone is happy to help out in that area you can fly solo in there don't need us to process it for you.

http://www.aussiequeens.com/wiki

We could have just released it to our community and left you all out of the loop but made the decision to alert  you all that it was opened and this is what is in so far along with our own community.

If anyone is not happy about how long it has taken us it is myself but it takes time some information you are seeing in there we have had to travel far and spend many hours and $'s trying to dig it out for you all.

It is really an early preview of what is to come. Maybe if you see it that way you can just give us the time we need to get it up to at least 50% content wise processed.

As for the sticker I will stick that up for you later today.

check the archives site later on to see if it is up.  Oh and there is already some classic stuff that is not on any other Queen website in there - maybe  you just did not see it yet.

Regards Nicole

Aussie Queens

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jacob Britt wrote:

You called Queen commie fags when they first went to Australia. Your site has nothing new on it. It's all copied from more dedicated sites, like www.queenconcerts.com and www.queenarchives.com and www.queenpedia.com

GO RIDE YOUR CROCODILE!

You know firstly nothing on our site was taken from either of these sites. The material we have is handed in to us direct from members collections they took the pictures or took the photos of what is on view in the archives - such comments as yours are why collectors tend to sit on their stuff and not share it anymore. Why bother look what they get.

Aussie Queens

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As for QueenConcerts we will be using some of their material at a later date but you would know that if you heard the Martin Skala podcast.

Aussie Queens

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gerolamo wrote:

Interesting... Not much to see at this point though it has some potential. It does need some key and unique features to stand out from the other sites though.

PS: Any chance of actually seeing the 76 Australia tour sticker? Or for me personal, buying it? :P

Processed and now up on site.
http://www.aussiequeens.com/archives/AQMemorabilia1976item1.htm

Aussie Queens

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aussiequeens wrote:

Gerolamo wrote:

Processed and now up on site.
http://www.aussiequeens.com/archives/AQMemorabilia1976item1.htm

Neat!

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2 of the 3 Sunbury print articles are now processed.

Will get the third up in a day or so.

also updates for what has gone in to the archives can be found on this post.

http://www.aussiequeens.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2115&PID=37582#37582

Aussie Queens

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aussiequeens wrote:

Jacob Britt wrote:

GO RIDE YOUR CROCODILE!

You know firstly nothing on our site was taken from either of these sites. The material we have is handed in to us direct from members collections they took the pictures or took the photos of what is on view in the archives - such comments as yours are why collectors tend to sit on their stuff and not share it anymore. Why bother look what they get.

Oh, I made a mistake. You're a female. I'm very sorry. Great site, it's excellent.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More Sunbury articles released into the AQ archives.

http://www.aussiequeens.com/archives/index1974SunburyPrint.htm

Aussie Queens

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, after 3 years, you really have nothing except an obscure photo that SAYS Queen at Sunbury. 

Here's to 3 more years!!!!