StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She died this afternoon.... :(
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b104784_natasha_richardson_dead_45.html

I feel so bad for those boys! So shocking and depressing...
RIP

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh shit, that's terrible :-(

I feel bad for her boys too. I have a co-worker whose aunt passed away a few short months ago, from a stroke basically. I accompanied her on a visit to the hospital (where a lot of her family was also visiting) two days before the aunt passed away. She had pretty much no chance of a recovery really, and it was really quite a sad thing to see :-(

I also lost a relative just earlier this week to pancreatic cancer, so I myself am also suffering a personal loss at the moment, which makes my condolences for the Neeson/Richardson familes even stronger at the moment :-(

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 09, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I feel terrible for Liam Nesson and his family.
He's one of my favorite actors.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 04:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I feel terrible for Liam Nesson and his family.
He's one of my favorite actors.

Me too! I feel really sad for him. He's one of the most hard-working actors. He was really great in Schindler's List...

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hell, Liam Neeson even brought proper acting to the Star Wars universe. Such a shame. I feel for him.

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's absolutely tragic news. I think everyone is stunned. I can't help wonder, though, what really happened. I mean, how does someone on a beginner's slope with an instructor at her side, take such a hard fall? One that can cause death? They said she felt fine afterward and there was no blood or bruising so they let her go back to her room. It doesn't make sense. If her fall was enough to cause her brain to swell, then wouldn't/shouldn't the instructor have realized that and insisted to medics that she be taken directly to the hospital? Maybe something else was going on - an aneurysm, maybe - and the fall just made things worse. I don't know. It just doesn't seem possible. And yet...

So sad.

EDIT - I just read something I hadn't seen before. Apparently, the ski instructor and others called an ambulance for her and she refused treatment, saying she was fine. So the ambulance was sent away. If they had any training at all, then they should have known to insist  - though, ultimately, I understand, it is up to the patient. She told everyone she felt fine and that was it until suddenly she didn't feel fine anymore... which is typical of a head injury.

What a senseless death.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» user not visiting Queenzone.com
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»
Bohemian: 479 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a shock!!
I was really hoping for her! She was in the prime of her life.
They're saying her death is called a "talk and die" syndrome, is that she had delayed bleeding between her skull and her brain stem, which sits at the top of the spinal cord and regulates consciousness, breathing, and the heart and connects the brain to many of the body's sensory and motor nerves. Another possibility is that there was a tear in the inner lining of her arteries, causing blood clots.

She was a beautiful woman! R.I.P.

¥~Ït’š iñ thë LåÞ øf thè Gódš~¥
Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is very sad. It's all sad regarding this incident. I was really shocked when I saw it in the news.
R.I.P, Natasha Richardson.

Yara
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» wrote:

What a shock!!

So was I.... :(

This is so sad............ My heart and prayers are with the family and friends of that poor woman. May she rest in peace. :(

I'm sick of all my kicks.
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 12:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a shock!!
They're saying her death is called a "talk and die" syndrome, is that she had delayed bleeding between her skull and her brain stem, which sits at the top of the spinal cord and regulates consciousness, breathing, and the heart and connects the brain to many of the body's sensory and motor nerves. Another possibility is that there was a tear in the inner lining of her arteries, causing blood clots.

That reminds of this guy I used to know while I lived in Sweden. He was our landlord. He was rammed in the head by a car while trying to(and succeeding) save a woman and her children injured and trapped in a road accident. The doctors released him saying he was fine and we had dinner with him but the next day he died and apparently his brain had imploded due to too much internal bleeding. The doctors weren't able to identify it. The guy was a real life hero and someone I'll always remember.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saif wrote:

What a shock!!

That reminds of this guy I used to know while I lived in Sweden. He was our landlord. He was rammed in the head by a car while trying to(and succeeding) save a woman and her children injured and trapped in a road accident. The doctors released him saying he was fine and we had dinner with him but the next day he died and apparently his brain had imploded due to too much internal bleeding. The doctors weren't able to identify it. The guy was a real life hero and someone I'll always remember.

"OMG!!!"

That is so, so sad... My condolences Saif :(

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RIP Natasha! You were beautiful!

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I couldnt believe how stunning she was - I was watching the news this morning and fell in love! RIP :o(

Chom own mudder fukker.
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Major Tom wrote:

Hell, Liam Neeson even brought proper acting to the Star Wars universe. Such a shame. I feel for him.

Ahem... Sir Alec Guinness?

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»

Posted: 20 Mar 09, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Natasha Richardsons autopsy revealed she suffered as to what is known as an epidural hematoma. EDH is a traumatic accumulation of blood between the inner table of the skull and the stripped-off dural membrane.
This causes hemorage.

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 09, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

she'd still be alive if she had worn the appropiate attire at the time

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 09, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow...Sad..

R.I.P

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 09, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

she'd still be alive if she had worn the appropiate attire at the time

Actually... not to be gross... but they say a helmet woud not have helped in this case. Her brain shifted from momentum, as sometimes happens in accidents. The bruising was not caused by the impact of her head against... whatever... but of her brain against her skull. What might have given her a chance, apparently, would have been a hellicopter instead of an ambulance to take her from the scene to a trauma center in Montreal. But, sadly, Quebec isn't (wasn't?) equipped with that.

It was a senseless death and I wonder what we can learn from it... maybe to get checked by a doctor even if we feel fine after hitting our head? It seems "talking and dying" is common with head injuries.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury