Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > A Winters Tale = Freddies Last Song?

forum rss feed
Author

timl user not visiting Queenzone.com
timl
Rocker: 20 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well after painful research the results kept coming up that Mother Love was his last song until i found a old time fan who i found through another fan who done the same thing had the same results but in fact after working together Mother Love was the LAST recorded but not completed but A WINTERS Tale is in fact Freddies last ever completed track under the fact that Brian May took last verse on Mother Love but A Winters tale must be the last ever time freddie could reach the vocal levels i now have in my collection a A-Caplla of A Winters Tale i warn you it may be beautiful its VERY painful to listen to in-depth if you did'nt know that he was dying its fine to listen to (that goes out to the new fans) but i refuse to share it on here so thank you

Make The Most Out Of Life

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Legy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 433 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, that's a really long run-on sentence.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh God, are you on drugs ? I've known a guy who used to talk like you write after he smoked a joint :(

Please use stuff like commas, paragraphs, dots ... It's really very hard to read what you wanted to write, sorry.

Back to topic - " i found a old time fan who i found through another fan who done the same thing had" - that's not  really a good source, don't you think ? The official info (from Brian, I think) says the last song sung by Freddie was Mother Love and after listening to the album several dozen times I really believe it.

But you're not alone, even Sebastian (who I consider an expert on these things) isn't sure which song was the last

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems like it's up for debate.  Mercury's vocal sound very strained in A Winter's Tale.  So it could be possible.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Painful research = googling more than three times and asking a friend of a friend of a friend.

I hope you're not a biochemist.

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, Mic.

How are things up in the Big D?

N0_Camping4U user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 97 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"blah blah blah so I know a friend of a friend who knows more than the usual person blah blah run on sentence oh and I have the acapella version, but don't worry I'm not going to share it I wonder why I even brought it up oh well run on sentence blah "

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Winter´s Tale the last one he recorded and Mother Love the last he ever wrote....I think.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From slightly conflicting interviews from Brian and Dave Richards, there seems to have been overlap with the songs.  The impression I had is that he started A Winter's Tale first, did Mother Love in Montreux, then when he'd returned to London he finished A Winter's Tale (or Mother Love) at Metropolis studios for some reason. 

Unfortunately I have no links for you so that's basically worth squat. 
It isn't even known for sure whether he stopped recording in May 1991 (months before he died, and while he was still well enough to stand under hot lights for a short while and mime for videos) or a matter of weeks/months before he passed (rather hard to believe, although perhaps he experienced an 'Indian summer' of sorts when he ceased his treatment - I've heard that's possible).

There's interviews and other evidence to suggest both.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

timl wrote:

i now have in my collection a A-Caplla of A Winters Tale i warn you it may be beautiful its VERY painful to listen to in-depth if you did'nt know that he was dying its fine to listen to (that goes out to the new fans) but i refuse to share it on here so thank you

...  I take back my attempt to be helpful or informative.  Liar.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
victor fleitas user not visiting Queenzone.com
victor fleitas
Bohemian: 209 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just one thing to be said... What a total "Arsehole!"... and what a liar...

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 09, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

timl wrote:

i now have in my collection a A-Caplla of A Winters Tale i warn you it may be beautiful its VERY painful to listen to in-depth if you did'nt know that he was dying its fine to listen to (that goes out to the new fans) but i refuse to share it on here so thank you

Fuck off, poser.

Put up (YouTube) or shut up.

A_WintersTale user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 09, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's very strange... I think we all missed the point of the guy/gal here - "A Winters Tale" is the last FINISHED song and "Mothers Love" is the last UNFINISHED song. I guess that's what the s/he wanted to tell us. And if it's so - s/he might as well discover America too ;)

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 09, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

L-R-TIGER1994 wrote:

A Winter´s Tale the last one he recorded and Mother Love the last he ever wrote....I think.

It's the other way around... I think.

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

Kind of Magician user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 09, 06:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigV wrote:

L-R-TIGER1994 wrote:

V.

It is indeed...

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 09, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kind of Magician wrote:

bigV wrote:

L-R-TIGER1994 wrote:

V.

It is indeed...

Yup. That's how it was always told by the insiders.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually. Ignore me. I was only going to repeat what a few others have said already.

pootle50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 05:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

timl wrote:

That's actually kind of mean. Saying you have something and then refusing to share it. Who are you? Queen Productions (LOL!).

The link below may not be to a "clean" acapella folks, but it's the best I can do with my software.
Hopefully no-one will jump on me about posting official material. Call it a "fan mix".

http://rapidshare.com/files/223148592/A_winter_s_tale-Mixdown.WAV

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 09, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL its not mean for him to say 'i wont share'because the stupid cunt didnt ever HAVE WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT

god i hate the believe anything attitude of some queenfansi bet if i tell to you all that I have innuendo 24 track master i will have to my inbox a bunch of letters saying "PLEASE SHARE" and a bunch more letters abusing me for not
heh

Rami user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 918 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 09, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nice mix, thank you!!