Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Crickets are chirping

forum rss feed
Author

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Mar 09, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hear crickets.  Nothing is really going on in the Queenie world.  It seems strange.  I think Q+PR has run its course and the WWRY musical, sadly, is the biggest thing now for the boys. 

Well, I guess that's what happens when you make a Paul Rodgers + Brian May and Roger Taylor album with little influence by the Queen boys and no bass guitar on it and with little musical creativity and songs full of mushy cliches with no real rock muscle.

What happened to the re-releases of all Queen's albums on vinyl here in the USA; what just 4 of them???
What happened to the promotion for the QPR album and a tour here in the USA?
What happened to a proper Queen Greatest Hits 3 album (there is material for it) or a Greatest Video Hits 3?
What happened to a box set that will never come out?
What happened to a concert release other than something around the 1981/82 or 1986 time period?

They have the time and money to do all but the 2nd one, but choose not to.  Face it, they are getting bored and they are now boring and almost obsolete the way things are going.

But, I will be seeing WWRY at the Dominion when I take a trip to England in May prior to my residency, so I'm looking forward to that....

....any takers on this?

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
geldy user not visiting Queenzone.com
geldy
Bohemian: 156 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 09, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CORRECT MY FRIEND!!!

Enjoy the musical, it´s great!!!

Queen is:

John Deacon
Freddie Mercury
Brian May
Roger Taylor

- A LIFE WITHOUT MUSIC IS A POOR LIFE -
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 09, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agree.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 09, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing going on with Queen World??? What the fuck??...may be nothing going on with you!!
Queen is our present...with need nothing special at all....going listenting some Queen albums... then come back!!

Queen!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 09, 04:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know what you expect.  Disregarding the issue of whether or not it's really Queen, each of the members now has other obligations to consider.  I'm not entirely surprised that they've gone quiet, having done some touring and an album.  I wish the album had been better, but there's always next time.  And if there isn't next time, there's always other music... crazy, I know!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
A_WintersTale user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 09, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a very sad topic. However, I must also agree with it. "Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between".

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 09, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The world must be spinning in the opposite direction if I had this many people agree with me without nasty posts.  I understand they just finished a tour, but how long ago was that???  Queen has forgotten the USA and seem to be satisfied with mediocre releases such as Stone Cold Classics, Queen + GH3, all the other GH formats, Cosmos Rocks which was HORRIBLE, etc etc.  Plus has anyone gotten the re-releases of the vinyl here in the USA?  They are horrible quality.

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues