Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > More Evidence That Paul Is Out

forum rss feed
Author

hereyugo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I came across this billboard.com story about the Bad Company tour and here's what it had to say at the very end of it:
"Rodgers says additional Bad Company shows are unlikely, as he plans to take the rest of the year off to focus on writing new material."
So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers.

hereyugo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I forgot, here's the link to the story:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/bad-company-reuniting-for-summer-tour-1003957221.story


Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers."

Huh??
Trying to suss out your intended meaning behind this sentence.
Hmmm...Nope still doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Look, it's already been stated by both Roger and Brian they they are not going to tour this year. They are looking forward to 2010.(at least that's the rumor according to Rog's drum tech)
Paul is saying the rest of 2009 off after Bad Co tour.

So....If anything, Paul's statement leaves the door open for him getting together with Bri and Rog in 2010, although I personally doubt it.
Still, how you went from that Billboard article to..
"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers." and more evidence that Paul is out, is anybody's fucking guess.






Mr. Farenheit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



Knute wrote:



"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers."

Huh??
Trying to suss out your intended meaning behind this sentence.
Hmmm...Nope still doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Look, it's already been stated by both Roger and Brian they they are not going to tour this year. They are looking forward to 2010.(at least that's the rumor according to Rog's drum tech)
Paul is saying the rest of 2009 off after Bad Co tour.

So....If anything, Paul's statement leaves the door open for him getting together with Bri and Rog in 2010, although I personally doubt it.
Still, how you went from that Billboard article to..
"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers." and more evidence that Paul is out, is anybody's fucking guess.








I suggest you watch this.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1RiZjNPagk

Recent video of Brian and Roger shown at the Queen Convention,

Neither of them even mentions Paul Rodgers in any way, shape or form.

The Paul thing is OVER.  I think it's a little childish of them to just not come out and say it....but it's obvious.




mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Mr. Farenheit wrote:



 



 



 



Knute wrote:



 



"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers."

Huh??
Trying to suss out your intended meaning behind this sentence.
Hmmm...Nope still doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Look, it's already been stated by both Roger and Brian they they are not going to tour this year. They are looking forward to 2010.(at least that's the rumor according to Rog's drum tech)
Paul is saying the rest of 2009 off after Bad Co tour.

So....If anything, Paul's statement leaves the door open for him getting together with Bri and Rog in 2010, although I personally doubt it.
Still, how you went from that Billboard article to..
"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers." and more evidence that Paul is out, is anybody's fucking guess.






 




I suggest you watch this.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1RiZjNPagk

Recent video of Brian and Roger shown at the Queen Convention,

Neither of them even mentions Paul Rodgers in any way, shape or form.

The Paul thing is OVER.  I think it's a little childish of them to just not come out and say it....but it's obvious.





Heres a quick newsflash for you.......... Brian and Roger dont need to talk about Paul in every thing that they do. Neither does Paul have to talk about Brian or Roger.






"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Mr. Farenheit wrote:

I suggest you watch this.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1RiZjNPagk

Recent video of Brian and Roger shown at the Queen Convention,

Neither of them even mentions Paul Rodgers in any way, shape or form.

The Paul thing is OVER.  I think it's a little childish of them to just not come out and say it....but it's obvious.




So YOU think it's childish that they just don't come out and say something that may or may not be true? And it is obvious now? Ok.



For the sake of an argument, let's say it's true. Let's say they fell over and they hate their guts now. Even then, they don't have to tell us anything.



Actually, It would be STUPID for them to "announce" anything at this point. IF any of this is true, I'm sure they will wait until they have another project before announcing "Paul is out" (whatever that means). Maybe they just don't feel like working together now. It doesn't mean that it's over, even if chances are they won't make a new Q+PR album any time soon (or ever).

I'm sure you think it was stupid and coward for Freddie and the rest of the guys to not just come out and say "Ok guys, Fred's got AIDS, he is very sick, we won't do any more tours or albums. Thank you for understanding. Now we will be answering some of your questions..."

It's a bit more complicated than that.



Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now some people may start picking up on the title of this thread in the wrong way.  I'm no way homophobic but the title of the thread could be taken a number of different ways.



bryony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers

no more

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



bryony wrote:

Paul Rodgers

Enough is enough - it hasn't worked...if he stops now he can move away gracefully

The way he sung on that last tour in 2008 was just shocking - BRIAN, please...just stop that now.

Anything is better than Paul Rodgers

Lets all stop kidding ourselves.

The last two tours would have been perfect with just Brian/Roger doing vocals.

I'm sure even Jackie at the fan club is thinking deep down...."Jesus, this guy just isn't the one...."

...even though she's not allowed to say it.

But of course, Freddie Mercury was "the one". Too bad he went and died on us. The selfish bastard.

Back to reality, you may like or not like Paul singing with Queen. It is your choice to do so. But he is clearly a MUCH BETTER singer than Brian or Roger. Brian can't sing and play guitar. Roger struggles but manages to do it for a few songs here and there.

Brian and Roger as Queen without a lead vocalist?

We've had that in 2002: Queen's day in Holland and Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee. I personally didn't like it, as I thought Amsterdam was a bit embarrasing for them. I don't like someone other than Roger playing drums or -worse- a drum machine playing while Roger sings... and man, Brian never looked more awkward than when performing NOBY without his guitar.

Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Mr. Farenheit wrote:







 







Knute wrote:







"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers."

Huh??
Trying to suss out your intended meaning behind this sentence.
Hmmm...Nope still doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Look, it's already been stated by both Roger and Brian they they are not going to tour this year. They are looking forward to 2010.(at least that's the rumor according to Rog's drum tech)
Paul is saying the rest of 2009 off after Bad Co tour.

So....If anything, Paul's statement leaves the door open for him getting together with Bri and Rog in 2010, although I personally doubt it.
Still, how you went from that Billboard article to..
"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers." and more evidence that Paul is out, is anybody's fucking guess.











I suggest you watch this.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1RiZjNPagk

Recent video of Brian and Roger shown at the Queen Convention,

Neither of them even mentions Paul Rodgers in any way, shape or form.

The Paul thing is OVER.  I think it's a little childish of them to just not come out and say it....but it's obvious.




And I suggest you learn how to fucking read.
I say right there in my post that I personally doubt he will end up touring with them.

My issue is with the OP's skewed logic and the puzzling statement he made.
You know this sentence: "So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers."
Do you want to take a crack at explaining that?





Mr. Farenheit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Knute wrote:



 



Mr. Farenheit wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



Knute wrote:



 



 



 



"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers."

Huh??
Trying to suss out your intended meaning behind this sentence.
Hmmm...Nope still doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Look, it's already been stated by both Roger and Brian they they are not going to tour this year. They are looking forward to 2010.(at least that's the rumor according to Rog's drum tech)
Paul is saying the rest of 2009 off after Bad Co tour.

So....If anything, Paul's statement leaves the door open for him getting together with Bri and Rog in 2010, although I personally doubt it.
Still, how you went from that Billboard article to..
"So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers." and more evidence that Paul is out, is anybody's fucking guess.





 



 



 




I suggest you watch this.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1RiZjNPagk

Recent video of Brian and Roger shown at the Queen Convention,

Neither of them even mentions Paul Rodgers in any way, shape or form.

The Paul thing is OVER.  I think it's a little childish of them to just not come out and say it....but it's obvious.




And I suggest you learn how to fucking read.
I say right there in my post that I personally doubt he will end up touring with them.

My issue is with the OP's skewed logic and the puzzling statement he made.
You know this sentence: "So, I guess any touring, if ever, will be happening this year with Queen + Paul Rodgers."
Do you want to take a crack at explaining that?





Mis-read your post. Sorry about that. 






crazybear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, here is what i have heard on this subject. the contract between Queen and Paul Rodgers has expired already. That does not mean that they won't get back to do a US tour.

Roger and Brian are working on solo projects at the moment and are plaaned to do something late together.

As for Freddie and the group not announcing he had AIDS, it was Freddie choice for whatever reason and he asked The rest of the group not to talk about it not even to their families.

As for Brian can't sing and play guitar, I certainly think he can and soes very well for a man his age. As for Roger he can also sing and play drums.  Remember they are not the young lads they were when Queen first started out and a lot of men's voices started to crack and lose the ability to hit a high note as say when you were in your 20's.  Even Freddied voices was not a strong as it once was before he passed away.

I for one hope Queen will tour the US with or without Paul rRodgers.Tthey could replace him with Mig from WWRY and he knows the songs very well. . don;t get me wrong I like Paul Rodgers, but I love Brian and Rog more.

Let just wait and see what happens.


andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Apr 09, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fuck off paul rogers, i'm sure he's a nice guy but to the experiment?  IT FAILED guys and wasnt worth
I think to brian and roger, I really do, I think to them RIGHT NOW>they will do a better job to singing!  :)


andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 09, 04:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm going to start a thread called "MORE EVIDENCE THAT FREDDIE IS OUT",see how you like that


Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 09, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



andreas_mercury wrote:



fuck off paul rogers, i'm sure he's a nice guy but to the experiment?  IT FAILED guys and wasnt worth


Ok, you can say the album "failed" commercially but surely it is up to each individual to say if something "was worth it".

I for one saw them live 5 times in a year, got to briefly meet Brian, Roger and the rest of the band (minus Paul), got their autographs, felt the thrill of Queen(+) doing something new, bought a new album and single, traveled, met a few fans whose company I enjoyed a lot, and many more things.

I also felt the excitement of reading about them preparing a tour over "Latin America" and the disappointment of them excluding Mexico.

I think Roger and Brian enjoyed touring a lot and I'm sure they made a lot of money with it. I don't think they lost money with TCR, even if it wasn't a hit.

So, I'm sure they would agree it was worth it, even if you say otherwise.

:)

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 09, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Crazybear wrote:

Tthey could replace him with Mig from WWRY


They'd be better off with Migs from SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.



Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 09, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



andreas_mercury wrote:



i'm going to start a thread called "MORE EVIDENCE THAT FREDDIE IS OUT",see how you like that



I don't think he ever came out and admitted it.

(Cheers to Hitman1965)

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 09, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Wiley wrote:








Ok, you can say the album "failed" commercially but surely it is up to each individual to say if something "was worth it". 

I for one saw them live 5 times in a year, got to briefly meet Brian, Roger and the rest of the band (minus Paul), got their autographs, felt the thrill of Queen(+) doing something new, bought a new album and single, traveled, met a few fans whose company I enjoyed a lot, and many more things.

I also felt the excitement of reading about them preparing a tour over "Latin America" and the disappointment of them excluding Mexico. 

I think Roger and Brian enjoyed touring a lot and I'm sure they made a lot of money with it. I don't think they lost money with TCR, even if it wasn't a hit. 

So, I'm sure they would agree it was worth it, even if you say otherwise.

:)





lol i will never even understand when sometimes people who are defending something they will put a :) on the end of there posts even though they know they've lost whatever...
its like :hey guys i just bet $55000 on a horse race and my horse came in last and my wife left me in disgrace
:)

you can put the smile there but it doesnt change much.......

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 09, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



andreas_mercury wrote:



a bunch of senseless crap




I haven't lost a thing, man. Really: I met two of my musical heroes in person, enjoyed a few great gigs, traveled a lot and had the time of my life.

What did you do?

I mean, I can understand many people not liking this colaboration but I just don't get it when someone who would otherwise consider himself a Queen fan wants them to fail out of principle. For what? 

Just to say: "See, fuckers? You're nothing without Freddie. You shouldn't have used the Queen name. Should have listened to ME! Better go back to the office and work on those box sets".













Sheer Brass Neck user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 09, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's a great post, Wiley.  People here are so pro/anti QPR it's funny.  I'd say in addition to not having lost a thing, you've gained by all of the things you mentioned that the last tour and album brought.  I've never liked the idea of Queen and Paul Rodgers, and as a result I'm ambivalent about their success or failure. 

However, the people who paint the QPR experiment as a success would probably say the economy's never been better than it is today.  Whatever the reasons, TCR was a disaster, and an embarrassment IF you believe that Queen share the same hierarchy as The Beatles, or even U2 as a present big band comparison. Sales were dismal, but even worse, in North America it was ignored.  You can say that the haters on QZ are responsible for that, or bad promotion, but the reality is, nobody cared about the release.  In Canada, and probably the US, nothing made it to any radio playlist, and IMHO, it's because the songs were atrocious.  Let's be honest.  The reason that Queen is putting out the Ukraine DVD is because of the event and size.  But that has nothing to do with Paul Rodgers.  Their catalogue is so fantastic that Robbie Williams, Gary Cherone or the chicks from Bananarama could be fronting them and they'd still put bums in seats.  People are going to hear memories and not anything new.  Queen are the world's greatest, and biggest nostalgia band right now.  They are just not relevant musically.