Forums > Personal > Why Mr President?

forum rss feed
Author

Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

President Obama comes to London to discuss global recession at the G20 summit, claiming it could be the worst since World War 2.

Flying over in Air Force One I can understand - bringing 500+ staff (security, chef, doctors, White House staff), a $300,000 armoured car, Marine One helicopter and other crap we don't know about seems a bit of overkill to me. Sure he is the 'most powerful' man in the world but I am sure the Brits can rustle up a few guns, a couple of bobbies, a cook, a few plasters (band aids for our American cousins) and a car for him to drive whilst he is over here.

Police from 6 forces will be keeping an eye on the streets of London, costing the taxpayers £7.5 million - why the hell can't they just use a video conference call and save a fortune in security and travel expenses?

Make me President, I contact my brother on MSN video and it costs fuck all - I'd save you Yanks a fortune!

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob The Shrek wrote:

President Obama comes to London to discuss global recession at the G20 summit, claiming it could be the worst since World War 2.

Flying over in Air Force One I can understand - bringing 500+ staff (security, chef, doctors, White House staff), a $300,000 armoured car, Marine One helicopter and other crap we don't know about seems a bit of overkill to me. Sure he is the 'most powerful' man in the world but I am sure the Brits can rustle up a few guns, a couple of bobbies, a cook, a few plasters (band aids for our American cousins) and a car for him to drive whilst he is over here.

Police from 6 forces will be keeping an eye on the streets of London, costing the taxpayers £7.5 million - why the hell can't they just use a video conference call and save a fortune in security and travel expenses?

Make me President, I contact my brother on MSN video and it costs fuck all - I'd save you Yanks a fortune! 

oh the naive ignorant people, you dont know much about reality do you? :)

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Bob The Shrek wrote:

Said the bozo livin in lala land. :') That's rich!

Killed by drones.
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Bob The Shrek wrote:

Probably a tad more than you do about sarcasm.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob The Shrek wrote:

Did he bring Gordon Brown anymore DVDs?

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob The Shrek wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Bob The Shrek wrote:

Probably a tad more than you do about sarcasm.

But only a tad.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

..and that nice Irish bloke Barry O'Bama gets Jamie Oliver to make him Cornish Pasties to take home to the US of A with him from Number 10

can anyone else apart from the Kaiser Chiefs predict a riot?

oh,btw,do those numpties on 'fox and friends' news channel realise that we in the UK can get their stupid programme when they slag us off as being 'jobless dirty idiots' when we dont approve of their capitilst views and protest in London about their former presidents running of the economy and the shit he's left us in?

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

..and that nice Irish bloke Barry O'Bama gets Jamie Oliver to make him Cornish Pasties to take home to the US of A with him from Number 10

can anyone else apart from the Kaiser Chiefs predict a riot?

oh,btw,do those numpties on 'fox and friends' news channel realise that we in the UK can get their stupid programme when they slag us off as being 'jobless dirty idiots' when we dont approve of their capitilst views and protest in London about their former presidents running of the economy and the shit he's left us in?

Nah, no yummy pasties. Just some ol' run of the mill salmon and vegetables.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ jamie oliver was meant to be serving him a cornish pasty as a 'starter' which,if he had made them the right size,would of filled Obama and his wife up before the main course!
mind you,saying that,Obama is that skinny he could do with a decent 'Oggy' to beef him up a bit :-]

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see that the President and First Lady gave the Queen a gift....an I Pod. 

Who else thinks that the first thing she'll do is ask William or Harry what the hell it is and how to use it?  LOL

Formerly MHG
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 09, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AspiringPhilosophe wrote:

I see that the President and First Lady gave the Queen a gift....an I Pod. 

Who else thinks that the first thing she'll do is ask William or Harry what the hell it is and how to use it?  LOL

Maggie:

She might need one of the grandkids to load it for her, but according to a news story I read today, Her Majesty already has an iPod mini, so she probably has the basics of playback down.  The Video iPod that the President gave her is preloaded with video from the Queen's most recent visit to the US.

Shrekster:  Sorry dude, although you've visited Cleveland and you'd be a brilliant Commander in Chief, you have to have be a US citizen, born on US soil.

Xs and Os, 

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 02 Apr 09, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

apparantly when Barry O'Bama met the Queen and Prince Phillip Obama said to them that he was meeting Angela Whatshername and Sarkozy for talks to which Phillip replied 'can you tell the difference yet?'
gotta love him,you'd never get anyone else getting away with comments like that [apart from me of course] :-]

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 09, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We had the same when Bush was here. People were not allowed to look out of their own windows or leave their own flats.

I do not want any google ads here.