Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > press release QPR Ukraine

forum rss feed
Author

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenonline.com/news/1214/

so to sum up; no bonus material. AND NO BLU-RAY. I was prepared for the former, but to film a gig in HD and not release it in HD now that the new format i starting to take over??? WTF????

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no Blu-Ray = poor

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Doctor wrote:

no Blu-Ray = poor

with this decission in mind, I'm surprised TCR is available in stereo rather than mono

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Doctor wrote:

no Blu-Ray = poor

I still think there's going to be one.  Maybe that info is incomplete? 

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

The Doctor wrote:

no Blu-Ray = poor

I still think there's going to be one.  Maybe that info is incomplete? 

I hope you are right, that the blu-ray will be out in a few months or something. I e-mailed Brian about this, let's hope he at least knows the answer

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear god have you seen the quality of the cover.  Given five minutes with paint shop pro or photoshop I could come up with something a bit more professional than this.  I'm really pleased that we have a release from the tour but at least some extras would show some real enthusiasm from the band for the project.  No HD is also a big let down.

I'll still buy it but I presume that is what everyone is banking on - the real fans will buy it no matter how poor the product is.  I hate to sound critical but this release looks a little like a lost opportunity.  With all of the original media build up and press conferences etc surely it wouldn't have been that difficult to come up with some extras to go with the DVD?

Attachment: 2009414129205660.jpg 76 KB
This has been downloaded 103 time(s).

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love drop-shadows.

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bah. I think I'll pass on this one. It just won't be worth the price... whatever that turns out to be.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:

I'll still buy it but I presume that is what everyone is banking on - the real fans will buy it no matter how poor the product is.  I

Why man?
Really there is no reason to buy this shitty release. Real fan or not. I'm almost 20 years fan of this band but I refuse to buy rubbish like this. 

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I really would have liked would have been a 3 DVD set of the ukraine gig, a europe gig and a south american gig - it sounds like a lot but to be honest I don't think this would have been this big of a challenge if they had planned it out correctly.  If this was to be their last big tour then finishing up with a DVD set to be proud of would have been something I'd have wanted. 

It starts to make you think about the current situation and makes you wonder just how co-ordinated the whole Queen thing is - I mean do you all remember the tickets situation - totally unreal from the word go.  We then receive a poor reception from the tour website followed up by very poor marketing and promotion.  It starts to feel that no one really cares.  No video for the single - only one single from the album - no wonder it didn't sell that well - only the die hards ever came across it! 

I can appreciate it they are not in it for the money - so why don't they concentrate on what the fans really want?  This DVD release is starting to be the icing on the cake for me - yet again a lost opportunity.  In my book if you aren't going to give something 110% then don't do it.  It simply becomes a compromise and not something to be proud of. 

I can appreciate the band start to go on about all the fans are are take, take take but to be honest they has been a lot of loyalty over recent years and a bit more of thinking about what the fans really want wouldn't go a miss once in a while. 

It start to feel that the band are simply fitting in with an agreed contract with the record company.  Produce 1 more album, at least one single and one DVD from the tour and off you go without any real effort in to producing a quality finished product. 

If really starts to make real fans feel unwanted and simply a cash cow to be milked to death for all it is worth.  I wonder were things will progress from here?

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 09, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is one shitty cover. Better than ROTC or Montreal, though.

The No-BluRay and no extras is a true let down. Maybe they WILL release a BluRay version with extras in a few months time?

Posted: 15 Apr 09, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

The No-BluRay and no extras is a true let down. Maybe they WILL release a BluRay version with extras in a few months time?

maybe at a later point according to Brian (in reply to my e-mail!)

somewho, I doubt it. but here's hoping

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 09, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

e-man wrote:

Wiley wrote:

maybe at a later point according to Brian (in reply to my e-mail!)

somewho, I doubt it. but here's hoping

Of course it will be released on Blu-Ray (with extras) in a few years so that everyone can buy it twice, and the box sets can be delayed again.

Queen motto -

Recycle ... recycle and recycle again.

By the way, I have no interest in QPR live, so I will not buy it. 

However, I am perfectly happy complaining about Queen's horrendous disregard for their most loyal customers, releasing only recycled shit while they delay the box sets and refuse to release any concerts from the 70's.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
QPRTOON user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 108 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

they cutting out radio ga ga? why its my favourite song!

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Panchgani wrote:

I perfectly happy complaining about Queen's horrendous disregard for their most loyal customers

What is it that people don't understand?  Queen, or any huge band, isn't as interested in their loyal customers as they are their mass market appeal. 

Translation:  If it's only going to sell to select few, cut the production costs and make as much as you can.

They're probably hoping that everyone in the Ukraine will buy it because it says Ukraine, not Queen.  How many Live In Ukraine titles can their be?  (No offfense to Ukraine, but your promotions Dept is kinda weak!)

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, and you forgot to use the word "am".  Should've been the 2nd word.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 17 Apr 09, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Oh, and you forgot to use the word "am".  Should've been the 2nd word.

I corrected the error in my original post.  I guess I have become too reliant on word processing programs with spell checkers and grammar checkers.

By the way, your second sentence could be improved.  It should have read:

"It should have been the second word."

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 17 Apr 09, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[b]Panchgani wrote:

I am perfectly happy complaining about Queen's horrendous disregard for their most loyal customers

Micrówave wrote: Queen, or any huge band, isn't as interested in their loyal customers as they are their mass market appeal.

Panchgani reply:

There are plenty of bands that cater to their most loyal customers AND the mass market.  It is called "hearing the voice of the customer" and is unfortunately only practiced by a limited number of ethical and quality driven world class companies.

Ken8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 09, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm still curious as to how a free AIDS awareness concert is being released, seemingly for commercial gain.

Does anyone know what, if any, share of the profits are going to AIDS charities?

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 09, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ken8 wrote:

I'm still curious as to how a free AIDS awareness concert is being released, seemingly for commercial gain.

Does anyone know what, if any, share of the profits are going to AIDS charities?

I would assume, minus production costs (DVD authoring, replication, distribution and all inbetween), the profits would most likely go towards the Freddie Mercury Phoenix Trust and/or the 46664 Foundation.