Forums > Personal > Britain's got ugly talent

forum rss feed
Author

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm like speechless watching a video of Susan Boyle, she has one of the most amazing voices ever!!!!

Who would thought this lady would have such a talent!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSFP4XfE8jI


Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18616 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She's not nearly as ugly as people say she is, simply because she doesn't look like our media's benchmark for the optimal attractive person with a pound of make-up on and all flaws airbrushed.  She's a regular middle-aged woman with an absolutely gorgeous voice.  Like Paul Potts, I sincerely hope she wins.




"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 17:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow...she sure showed that audience, didn't she? :-)

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



***Marial-B*** wrote:

I'm like speechless watching a video of Susan Boyle, she has one of the most amazing voices ever!!!!

Who would thought this lady would have such a talent!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSFP4XfE8jI>

Do you always think people must have horrible talent if they aren't up to your standards appearence wise?







"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

havent seen it
though read about it in the paper
will youtube it i suppose at some point


i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually agree with Jake on this one.

She chose a lovely song. One of my favourite songs ever. Still prefer Ruthie Henshall's version though... And she pronounced Les Miserables wrong :( The "s" on the end is silent...

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Freya is quietly judging you. wrote:

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually agree with Jake on this one.

She chose a lovely song. One of my favourite songs ever.

Unfortunately he was probably wondering what sort of odours her vagina emitted as he admired her voice.







Back whenever
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







Sergei. wrote:



















Freya is quietly judging you. wrote:







I never thought I'd say this, but I actually agree with Jake on this one.

She chose a lovely song. One of my favourite songs ever.






Unfortunately he was probably wondering what sort of odours her vagina emitted as he admired her voice.




I never watched the video, or heard her voice, and I don't know what she looks like, but I thought it was odd someone would think that people who aren't up to their standards, can't have talent. It's very shallow and anyone who is shallow like that, is obviously very cold hearted.



"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Sergei: This is true.

I just really hate all the little snidey emos in the audience that all look at her like she's totally mental when she comes onto the stage. It's awfully depressing that people act like that. And I don't know why they're all surprised, since when has looks come into whether a person can sing or not? People are so rubbish.

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In seriousness, I want to smack that little bitch at 1:49-1:52 upside the head. I bet she feels like an idiot now, for not only underestimating the lady but for getting caught being an ass for three seconds on international television.



Back whenever
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Sergei. wrote:

In seriousness, I want to smack that little bitch at 1:49-1:52 upside the head. I bet she feels like an idiot now, for not only underestimating the lady but for getting caught being an ass for three seconds on international television.


What did the lady do?





"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome to society.  Every society at any time on this planet has judged people by their appearances.  It started long before Hollywood and the music industry and it will continue long after both of them are gone.  Anyone who can sit here and honestly say that they didn't at least think "What the heck is she doing here?" when they saw her is deluding themselves.  I know we all like to do that, to think that we don't do that, but we're all guilty as hell. 

The saddest part to  me is that you know that she's going to get "made over" in order to succeed.  Even if she were to win the competition; they won't let her perform as she is.  They'll make her get a makeover. 

I Dreamed a Dream is a very difficult song to perform.  It's basically written for a belter, but it's got the super low section in the middle.  I've heard lots of Fantines who have popped that note up simply because they cannot get it.  It's very difficult to get that low note out and still have it heard. 

She did an amazing job, and she has got one amazing voice.  Kudos and best of luck to her! 



Formerly MHG
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



AspiringPhilosophe wrote:

Welcome to society.  Every society at any time on this planet has judged people by their appearances.  It started long before Hollywood and the music industry and it will continue long after both of them are gone.  Anyone who can sit here and honestly say that they didn't at least think "What the heck is she doing here?" when they saw her is deluding themselves.  I know we all like to do that, to think that we don't do that, but we're all guilty as hell. 

The saddest part to  me is that you know that she's going to get "made over" in order to succeed.  Even if she were to win the competition; they won't let her perform as she is.  They'll make her get a makeover. 

I Dreamed a Dream is a very difficult song to perform.  It's basically written for a belter, but it's got the super low section in the middle.  I've heard lots of Fantines who have popped that note up simply because they cannot get it.  It's very difficult to get that low note out and still have it heard. 

She did an amazing job, and she has got one amazing voice.  Kudos and best of luck to her! 

You sadden me. I honestly had no opinion of her when I saw her walk on the stage, and you're making a very sweeping generalisation by saying that EVERYBODY would have been wondering what she was doing there. I'm obviously not saying I never judge people on looks, but I certainly made no opinion of her until she started singing, which was probably why it wasn't a huge surprise to me when she was good.

She's got a good voice. I wouldn't say amazing, but that's because I know Les Mis very well, and know exactly how I like that song to be sang, but I can see why people think she's great, but she has nothing on Henshall, or Salonga.







Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Play The Game wrote:







Sergei. wrote:



In seriousness, I want to smack that little bitch at 1:49-1:52 upside the head. I bet she feels like an idiot now, for not only underestimating the lady but for getting caught being an ass for three seconds on international television.



What did the lady do?


She made a faize at the woman on stage and looked over at her friend like "Wtf, this wumin crazy"








Back whenever
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW....

I don't give a fuck about her looks. SHE HAS AN AMAZING VOICE. 


I've been literally replaying this for five times now. JESUS WOW. 



Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 09, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cried when I heard her sing. It was beautiful. I loved it.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 09, 02:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Play The Game wrote:



 



 



 



Sergei. wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



Freya is quietly judging you. wrote:



 



 



 



I never thought I'd say this, but I actually agree with Jake on this one.

She chose a lovely song. One of my favourite songs ever.



 



 



 


Unfortunately he was probably wondering what sort of odours her vagina emitted as he admired her voice.




I never watched the video, or heard her voice, and I don't know what she looks like, but I thought it was odd someone would think that people who aren't up to their standards, can't have talent. It's very shallow and anyone who is shallow like that, is obviously very cold hearted.

I'm not judging her appearence, in fact what I'm doing is talking about the reaction of the audience. She's not pretty??? I don't care, what I care is that the lady sang quite well, and when I heard it I was speechless








Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 09, 03:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's right, backpedal!  Hehe.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 09, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the way she's talking to the auciance and the judges. She's not ashamed of herself.


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 09, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Maggie. Most people judge others by the looks and in these talent shows people are usually younger and dress more fashionable, so there was a very distinctive "wtf" atmosphere in the audience when Susan Boyle walked on the stage. It's unfair to condemn the young woman who was caught sneering like she was the only one who felt that way. I have seen countless comments about "bad hair days", "dress disasters" and "unshaved armpits" about the greatest singers and actors of our times, so please do not tell me that people do not judge by the looks.  However, I do not believe that the jurors were all that surprised, certainly they heard her sing before she appeared on TV and the whole display of amazement looked very staged for me. I hope Susan Boyle comes out of this as her natural self and not bent and twisted to the mainstream modern taste.


I do not want any google ads here.