Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: Third night in Leiden 1986, Magic Tour, complete alternate source

forum rss feed
Author

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 05:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello Queenzoners!
 
Yes, believe it or not: this recording was extremely rare up till now. For more info, please read further.
 
This share is dedicated to all hoarders of Queen bootlegs and people who call themselves “elite traders” because of their collection. In reality, most people get their gems by sheer luck. Like myself. Sure, I did my best in obtaining it, but in the end it all comes down to finding the right people at the right moment. Traders who act like they actually recorded a concert and act like they are so special and can’t stop bragging about that: you should be ashamed of yourselves.
 
I also, and above all, want to dedicate this share to the wonderful people who shared a lot of Queen bootlegs in the past: Bob, Peter, YV, Ginger01, Yara and many others. You know who you are!

I can't seem to enjoy it by just "sitting" on it. It feels good sharing this with you guys.
 
Did I consult any fellow Queen traders concerning this? No, I did not. It’s my own, individual choice.
Are the days of being taken seriously by Queen collectors over? Probably, yes. Do I care? No, not even in the slightest.
 
This should be mentioned: all credits go to Cor Klarenbeek who recorded this concert. He’s not a Queen fan but such effort should be awarded. Thanks Cor!
 
Okay, warming-up’s over. Let’s do some business, shall we? Action!
 
Here’s some info about this concert:
 
QUEEN
Date : 19.06.1986
Venue : Groenoordhallen
City : Leiden
Country : The Netherlands
Sound quality: Good +/Very Good – (some parts even VG!)
 
CD 1

One Vision
Tie Your Mother Down
Football Song (Olé for Freddie!)
In The Lap Of The Gods…Revisited
Seven Seas Of Rhye
Tear It Up
A Kind Of Magic
Vocal Improvisation (Sing With Freddie!)
Under Pressure
Another One Bites The Dust
Who Wants To Live Forever
I Want To Break Free
Improvisation
Guitar Solo Brian May
Now I’m Here
 
Running time: approx. 60 min
 
CD 2
 
Love Of My Life
Is This The World We Created?
Medley: Baby You’re So Square/Hello Mary Lou/Tutti Frutti
Bohemian Rhapsody (cut)
Hammer To Fall
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Radio Ga Ga
We Will Rock You
Friends Will Be Friends
We Are The Champions
God Save The Queen
 
Running time: approx. 45 min
 
 
Comments:
 
Very rare, genuine and complete recording from the third night in Leiden during the Magic Tour. The only part that is missing are the first two verses and a bit of the guitar solo of Boh Rhap (batteries change & security passed by). Luckily another source has it complete, so a complete mix can be made. There are tape flips, but no other parts of songs are missing. There is only one ‘real’ cut, as stated above. About the recording itself:
 
Negative:
 
-         It isn’t very clear in general
-         There’s tape hiss
-         2 long tracks on each CD (although this can be fixed easily)
 
Positive:
 
-         Freddie can be heard singing really well!
-         The audience is great, singing almost every word and talking a lot (Dutch that is, some very funny comments and interesting things can be heard!), but this does not disturb the recording itself
-         A great atmosphere in general
-         It’s as good as complete!
-         Although it’s only G+/VG-, you can really enjoy the recording with headphones

It’s the last show with Freddie in The Netherlands, therefore a special recording.
 
Lineage:
 
AUD > Master Cassette > WAV > CDR
 
Some re-mastering after transfer : A bit of de-hissing and noise reduction.
 
Some info about taping this concert:
 
The person who taped this isn’t a Queen fan. He loves rock music in general and decided to see the guys just “for a nice night out”. He was a bit worried as he was stuck in a traffic jam shortly before the concert! He luckily managed to get out in time as he started his tape recorder right before the intro of One Vision. He missed the support act though. Funnily enough, it was the first thing he did when he had entered the venue (and passed the security): preparing his recorder. He clearly didn’t want to miss a thing. Not a fan, but such effort is truly remarkable! He was standing near the mixing desk when he recorded the concert.
 
CD links:
 
CD1
 
http://www.mediafire.com/?ztjwvmndolu (1-9)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwjwnoz2wm2 (10-15)
 
CD 2
 
http://www.mediafire.com/?toghmdw5gnj (1-6)
http://www.mediafire.com/?rokz1zz321z (7-11)
 
 
Enjoy!
Rick
 
PS: for those who are interested, here’s a pic of the two master tapes: http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=queen86.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 05:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Rick.
Those pictures take me back to the late 80's when I was buying bootleg cassettes from Record Fairs!



benelui user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 87 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 05:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,
it seems that the key you provided for the first part of CD2 is invalid.

Could you please check and provide it again?

Huge thanx in advance.

[img=/images/smiley/msn/shades_smile.gif][/img]

L

PiotreQ user not visiting Queenzone.com
On QueenZone since 2003
PiotreQ
Bohemian: 888 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 05:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much! Great share!


Harry_queenrecordings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Harry_queenrecordings
Bohemian: 594 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great news! Finally it is there! Thank you very much for your upload, Rick!


It's A Beautiful Day...

http://www.queenrecordings.com
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Rick, so you finally decided ? :-)
OK, thanks for the motivation to share something special again :-)


on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Fantastic!  thanks Rick:-)



 




on my way up
on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe someone can split the tracks and torrent it?

I really like this show. I'm really looking forward to hearing this complete version!

thanks again


on my way up
Krzysztof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 192 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you're great;] but i cant download first part of CD2

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



on my way up wrote:

Maybe someone can split the tracks and torrent it?

I really like this show. I'm really looking forward to hearing this complete version!

thanks again

You can easily do this yourself with a free shareware program called cdwav editor.








TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick this is fantastic, thank you so much. Unfortunately I also can't download the first part of CD2 - mediafire is saying that the file has been deleted :(

I'm going to have a play at mixing a complete version of this concert and will stick the results up on QZ if I don't make a complete mess of it! ;-)


onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick,

Thanks a lot for sharing. Very generous.
I don't really understand the bashing of the so called 'hoarders'. I mean you DO realise that the people
you thank for their generous shares (Bob, YV) are the same people who hoard recordings (just like I do)
One can share some recordings and hoard others at the same time. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Hoarding hasn't always something to do with plain greed. It's the way the Queen trading community works on
a certain level. I understand you don't like it that way anymore and decided to share. Must feel good I guess.

I'm planning on sharing some rare recordings too, BUT just like Bob, YV and others I definately 
will keep on hoarding some. 

Oh and, of course, after this post of yours we can't do trades anymore now ;-)

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, as a fellow taper, huge thanks to Cor Klarenbeek for taping this one!
 


on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Ducksoup wrote:



 



on my way up wrote:



Maybe someone can split the tracks and torrent it?

I really like this show. I'm really looking forward to hearing this complete version!

thanks again


You can easily do this yourself with a free shareware program called cdwav editor.








I know;-)

I was just thinking it would be nice to have this running as a torrent aswell and such a torrent would be even better with the tracks already splitted.






on my way up
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Ducksoup wrote:

Rick,

Thanks a lot for sharing. Very generous.
I don't really understand the bashing of the so called 'hoarders'. I mean you DO realise that the people
you thank for their generous shares (Bob, YV) are the same people who hoard recordings (just like I do)
One can share some recordings and hoard others at the same time. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Hoarding hasn't always something to do with plain greed. It's the way the Queen trading community works on
a certain level. I understand you don't like it that way anymore and decided to share. Must feel good I guess.

I'm planning on sharing some rare recordings too, BUT just like Bob, YV and others I definately 
will keep on hoarding some. 

Oh and, of course, after this post of yours we can't do trades anymore now ;-)  


My words :-) Above all I don't understand why some people who share here need to keep reminding others how "brave" they are (fighting against collectors for some reason, probably). I think the best sharers are those who don't expect anything in return (and that includes admiration from others :-)

If people share, thanks to them, if they don't share, it's not our business why they don't. Why create borders between people?


pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A stupid question - is the "not for trade" command still valid after this share ? :-)


onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Rick wrote:

Funnily enough, it was the first thing he did when he had entered the venue (and passed the security): preparing his recorder. He clearly didn’t want to miss a thing. Not a fan, but such effort is truly remarkable! He was standing near the mixing desk when he recorded the concert.
 
 
 
 
 

That's not remarkable at all. The guy is a taper. 
Preparing the gear, standing near the mixing desk. Quite normal behaviour for a taper really.







onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 07:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Mr. Scully wrote:



 



Ducksoup wrote:



Rick,



Thanks a lot for sharing. Very generous.
I don't really understand the bashing of the so called 'hoarders'. I mean you DO realise that the people
you thank for their generous shares (Bob, YV) are the same people who hoard recordings (just like I do)
One can share some recordings and hoard others at the same time. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.



Hoarding hasn't always something to do with plain greed. It's the way the Queen trading community works on
a certain level. I understand you don't like it that way anymore and decided to share. Must feel good I guess.



I'm planning on sharing some rare recordings too, BUT just like Bob, YV and others I definately 
will keep on hoarding some. 



Oh and, of course, after this post of yours we can't do trades anymore now ;-)  



 



My words :-) Above all I don't understand why some people who share here need to keep reminding others how "brave" they are (fighting against collectors for some reason, probably). I think the best sharers are those who don't expect anything in return (and that includes admiration from others :-)



If people share, thanks to them, if they don't share, it's not our business why they don't. Why create borders between people?



I fully agree Martin.






onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



on my way up wrote:



 



Ducksoup wrote:



 



 



 



 



on my way up wrote:



 



Maybe someone can split the tracks and torrent it?

I really like this show. I'm really looking forward to hearing this complete version!

thanks again



 


You can easily do this yourself with a free shareware program called cdwav editor.








I know;-)

I was just thinking it would be nice to have this running as a torrent aswell and such a torrent would be even better with the tracks already splitted.






So, you know how to do it and you think it's nice to have a torrent running?
Do the math.








on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 09, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Ducksoup wrote:

Rick,

Thanks a lot for sharing. Very generous.
I don't really understand the bashing of the so called 'hoarders'. I mean you DO realise that the people
you thank for their generous shares (Bob, YV) are the same people who hoard recordings (just like I do)
One can share some recordings and hoard others at the same time. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Hoarding hasn't always something to do with plain greed. It's the way the Queen trading community works on
a certain level. I understand you don't like it that way anymore and decided to share. Must feel good I guess.

I'm planning on sharing some rare recordings too, BUT just like Bob, YV and others I definately 
will keep on hoarding some. 

Oh and, of course, after this post of yours we can't do trades anymore now ;-)  


Dennis

I know how you think about this but I really feel there are a few flaws in your thinking.
Bob has shown in the past he's willing to share(shows he got directly from the taper or compilations he made himself with much care) but of course after some time he got disappointed nobody else ever did and then there's also the MP3 issue(I think that more than anything else because if there is ever 1 Queen fan witht he sharing spirit then it is Bob).
Hoarding can be a choice or it can be a necessity. Also generous Queen fans are forced to hoard because if not you can not get some items. Pittrek for example obviously has the sharing spirit but he probably also wants his collection to grow. I think that in order to do that he is forced to hoard. That's not his choice. You say it's the way the Queen trading community works. It's the same Queen trading community that needs to have the courage to say: we're going to change this. If each and everyone of us is willing we can easily change it. Check out Zappa fans, check out Zeppelin fans. They do it. The amtosphere at their boards is way better, there's more quality music to enjoy,... Why can't we just do that? It's not because something has always been a certain way that has to remain that way until the end of time!

We could spread the recordings and different people could do the uploads. I'm sure Bob, Peter, Olivier, myself and others are willing to do it. We could make this section a proper sharing section and there would be more Queen live to enjoy for the beginning collectors than ever before!

So Dennis, you say you want to upload some rarities and that's absolutely great. I'm really looking forward to it:-) I hope YV will also do that and many others to follow.

A sharing, generous Queen community with lots of activity and social contacts. Wouldn't that be nice?

Now, we're just all only concerned about our own Kingdom and that makes there's too little Queen around!

It's change we need:-)







on my way up