EAN: 5099996549728

Attachment: 2009422512738919.jpg 7 KB
This has been downloaded 269 time(s).

pootle50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is REALLY good news.
There are NO sign of the 12" mixes, so hopefully they'll either be in boxset number 4 or they'll do a proper double CD release.
Hmmm. I know which will be the more expensive option, so I think they'll go for boxset 4 :(

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pootle50 wrote:

There are NO sign of the 12" mixes, so hopefully they'll either be in boxset number 4 or they'll do a proper double CD release.
Hmmm. I know which will be the more expensive option, so I think they'll go for boxset 4 :(

There will be NO 12" mixes or instrumentals or whatever released. Never. The plan is to release direct copies of the original 7" LPs.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

pootle50 wrote:

There will be NO 12" mixes or instrumentals or whatever released. Never. The plan is to release direct copies of the original 7" LPs.

You mean singles, right? :-P

cmi user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmi
Bohemian: 645 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If the sleeve is genuine, this set ends with I Want To Break Free single (not with It's A Hard LIfe). Also we have Calling All Girls US single in addition! Thank God Top 40 rule is not working anymore.

dave76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
dave76
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Although we have all the stuff it's great to "finally" have A Human Body and Soul Brother in CD quality

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dave76 wrote:

Although we have all the stuff it's great to "finally" have A Human Body and Soul Brother in CD quality

Soul Brother was already available in CD quality, though, on the UK 3" cd single and the US Heaven For Everyone cd single. ;-) 

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This 2nd box of 13 CD singles still partakes in the Top 40 rule, and will right up to the 4th Box.

So that is why we have Calling All Girls in this box....because it was top 30 in Canada. If we hadn't of kept to the top 40 rule then we have already missed out on the likes of Mustapha, It's Late and Jealousy, to name a few.

So the 4th box will go up to and include the final Queen singles that were released and made the top 40 anywhere in the world......there will be no 12" versions, Extended or Instrumentals at all in this series. This is not what this project is about.
It is about all the original Queen singles that made the top 40 anywhere in the world (based on the 7" vinyl format)......that was the criteria on this one.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

pittrek wrote:

pootle50 wrote:

You mean singles, right? :-P

Sure :-)

Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote:

This 2nd box of 13 CD singles still partakes in the Top 40 rule, and will right up to the 4th Box.

So that is why we have Calling All Girls in this box....because it was top 30 in Canada. If we hadn't of kept to the top 40 rule then we have already missed out on the likes of Mustapha, It's Late and Jealousy, to name a few.

So the 4th box will go up to and include the final Queen singles that were released and made the top 40 anywhere in the world......there will be no 12" versions, Extended or Instrumentals at all in this series. This is not what this project is about.
It is about all the original Queen singles that made the top 40 anywhere in the world (based on the 7" vinyl format)......that was the criteria on this one.
So the tracklisting that I posted is not correct then? I did not include Calling All Girls.

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats right Walter.......thats the plain black cover one with white lettering you see on the red box. Based on the original USA 7" single cover.

The 3rd box will begin with It's A Hard Life.

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Gary. I have edited my post. I have removed It's A Hard Life and replaced it with Calling All Girls/Put out the fire.

cmsdrums user is on Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3039 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote:

Were all of the singles from Made In Heaven released on 7" vinyl (I can't recall at the mo), and therefore will not be excluded from box 4 on this basis?

Were the live releases of WWRY/Champions and Who Wants To Live Forever from Wembley that came out on CD single in (I think) Holland or Germany or France ever released on anything other than CD single?

Cheers

ps - why the new user ID Greg?!?

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only 7" vinyl singles from the Made In Heaven album that were given a commercial release were Too Much Love Will Kill You and Let Me Live. TMLWKY came out as a pink coloured 7". Let Me Live is a 7" picture disc.

The live releases of WWRY/Champions from Wembley and Who Wants To Live Forever were also released as cassette singles and 7" vinyls. WWRY/WATC was released in Italy as a 12".

PS: GT and Greg are two different persons by the way.

JeroenG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 334 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In that case I am looking forward to box 3 (?) too, as the single remix of 'Pain is so close to pleasure' went no 26 in the Netherlands, so it should be present in the box.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't looked yet, but,...why is AOBTD paired w/ Dragon Attack?  Last time I checked AOBTD charted #1 here in the USA and had Don't Try Suicide as the b-side.  So shouldn't this be the b side then?

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

ps - why the new user ID Greg?!?

GT is Gary Taylor, who helps Greg out a lot, and has done masses of work on this and other recent Queen projects. They may sing from the same hymnsheet, but they are two different people.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
DragonOnMyBack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 367 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess the reason is they have based AOBTD on the more common UK release. The UK release meets the Top 40 rule, but agreed it charted higher in other countries, so might have been better going for a non UK format.

Joseph_007 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 49 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tanks for good news....!!!

Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 09, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

I haven't looked yet, but,...why is AOBTD paired w/ Dragon Attack?  Last time I checked AOBTD charted #1 here in the USA and had Don't Try Suicide as the b-side.  So shouldn't this be the b side then? 

AOBTD/DA was the uk release

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx