Forums > Queen - General Discussion > best song worst song best album worst album

forum rss feed
Author

Queenfan1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenfan1995
Bohemian: 140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

best song worst song best album worst album what is our mening

my is best song bohemian rhapsody
worst song body laguage
best album a night art the oprea
worst album hot space

ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1021 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best song: The March of the Black Queen
Worst song: Coming Soon

Best Album: A Day at the Races
Worst album: A Kind of Magic

Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
queenfanbg user not visiting Queenzone.com
queenfanbg
Bohemian: 305 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best song: A Winters Tale
Worst song: Leavin' Home Ain't Easy

Best Album: The Miracle
Worst album: Jazz

"Queen are: Freddie Mercury,Roger Taylor, John Deacon and Brian May"
Valentine '90 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best - The Show Must Go On

worst - Doing All Right

Top Album - Sheer Heart Attack

worst - Queen

P.S. they aren't my personal favourite or least fav - just best and worst ;)

Yes, We'll keep on smiling
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ah bless another "imaginatively-titled" discussion aimed primarily at newer members "getting their post-count high quickly"

for the record

best song - nevermore
worst song - one year of love
best album - queen II
worst album - AKOM, HS

go deo na hÉireann
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'39 - Get Down Make Love
Opera - Works

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Worst songs,back chat and pain is so close to pleasure

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best Song - Play The Game
Worst Song - She Makes Me

Best Album - Hot Space
Worst Album - Greatest Hits 3 <-- haha

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 675 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best: Show Must Go On
Worst: Friends Will Be Friends

Best: Night at the Opera
Worst: The Miracle

lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best song- All God's People (for now, it used to be See What A Fool I've Been)
worst song- She Makes Me
Best album- Queen II
worst album- The Game

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best song: White Queen (As It Began)

Worst song(s): I Want to Break Free/Pain Is So Close to Pleasure

Best Album(s): Queen II/A Dat At the Races

Worst Album(s): A Kind Of Magic/ The Works

"Take care of those you call your own"
Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, ok! Let's go. I'll try to make it a bit different as to avoid just repeating what's my favorite album! Let's see if it works. :op 

Uh...the studio album I like the most is News of The World. I think it's the most interesting Queen ever got to be - all the pieces are very well thought up and its diversity is not a loose or inconsistent one - Get Down Make Love is a wonderful tune, as well as its "nadir", Sheer Heart Attack: the excitement and skill with which Queen brought these tunes to the stage was great. It has two anthemic songs - WWRY and WATC - and, to my taste, one of Freddie's best compositions, which is My Melancholy Blues: a sublime gorgeous song which is half-way between jazz and blues. Spread Your Wings is by far one of Queen's best songs and the clever guy on the bass proved there once and for all that he was irreplaceable too - it's one of Queen's most accomplished songs in terms of lyrics too. Deacon would prove himself once again in "Who Needs You", a lovely, well-accomplished and beautiful song, with great lyrics, lots of humor, incredible vocals by Freddie and very convincing in its humorous fusion.  "Sleeping on the Sidewalk" brings up the blues again to the forefront. Then we come to "It's late", which is probably one of May's best tunes - the lyrics are fantastic, Freddie's vocals are as exciting as ever, Roger's drummer is pristine and Brian May's playing is nothing short of wonderful in its beauty, power and creativity. "Fight from the Inside" is Roger's best tune in my opinion - not the most famous, provided, but I think his most interesting and even groundbreaking to Queen's standards at that point. "All dead, all dead", is a gloomy and exquisite tune which comes across as a whole different beast, making the album this sucessfull, original and interesting witness to musical intelligence and diversity. 

"News of The World", even if one has no background to what the title refers to or why Queen picked it up, does express the album's feel: it's as if Queen were updating us on some of the most interesting trends in the world of popular music and bringing it all to the listener in an acessible and catchy way, paving the way for one's further and more in-depth music explorations. It's as if we were listening to a newspaper published in a world where people communicated through music. 

From this album comes the song I love the most: We Are The Champions. It's an obvious choice, but the song is just perfect - nothing is too much there. It's grand and yet intimate; its anthemic and at the same time very convincing in the way it addresses one's subjectivity, especially that of the composer; it's flawless technically speaking and represents the apex of the band - the vocal harmony is wonderful, Freddie's vocals are the most beautiful he ever got to pull off, Brian's lines are unforgettable and it features the most interesting piano-playing by Freddie: the way its lines shape the whole song texture without succumbing to the grand harmonies and the powerful guitar playing is just wonderful.         

-------------------

I don't like to talk about the worst. And I'm a huge acritical fan, the worst would be only what I enjoy the least, which doesn't mean I don't like. I must say that, even though I like the album, "The Miracle" has been probably the one I listen to less often. The song which I can't relate that much to is Delilah from Innuendo - it comes to me as an embarrassing piece in an otherwise very good album. It's devoid of creativity, purpose and, to my mind, even a modicum of good-taste - it's of no use as a piece of humor either. :op

------------------

This is my humble opinion, or, simply, my taste. 

To sum it up for those who don't feel like reading it all:
Best album: News of The World; best song: We Are The Champions. 
Worst album: The Miracke; worst song: Delilah. 

------

Take care you all and have a great friday! Uhuuuu!     

Yara
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok no surprises from me.
best song ever.it's late
best album .news of the world
worst song,(or let may say a song i detest),seaside rondivou(or however you spell it).
worst album.flash gordon.
my answers will be posted on beat the meerkat.com.simples...

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just wanted to increase my post count. 

Best song:  Vultan's Theme

doxonrox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 09, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best Song: There's a lot of them - no best needed when they wrote dozens of stunning songs.
Best Album: Sheer Heart Attack. If you take that piece of shit Misfire off the album, it's damn near perfect. In fact, if you remove all John Deacon songs from Queen records, the only album that suffers is ANATO because of You're My Best Friend - and it doesn't suffer much. I know you stepfords love him, but his cheese ass songwriting ruined the band. I've proven this fact scientifically, btw.

Worst Song: They wrote some real stinkers, but I'll go with my answer above - Misfire is an embarrassment and sounds like a 4 year old wrote the lyrics.
Worst Album: The Miracle was forced, uninspired, dull, and lacking of even one good song. Other than that, it still sucked!

Bigfish user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 09, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best song; Somebody to love - How do you follow Bohemian Rhapsody ? err..like this actually. Absolutely inspired vocal from Fred. Wonderful song. Still waiting for Aretha to sing it.
Worst song; Friends will be Friends - Terrible, terrible, terrible. I´ve said it before and I´ll say it again. Mawkish sentimental lighter waving at it´s very worst. 
Best Album; A Day at the Races - The creative zenith. Performance, production, writing. Everyone and everything on fire.
Worst Album; A Kind of Magic - A Kind of Tragic. After Live Aid a chance missed to consolidate their position as the best band in the world.

Big Fish

Posted: 24 Apr 09, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

ah bless another "imaginatively-titled" discussion aimed primarily at newer members "getting their post-count high quickly"

for the record

best song - nevermore
worst song - one year of love
best album - queen II
worst album - AKOM, HS

Sorry but why would it be important to get my post count high quickly ?

Big Fish

Posted: 24 Apr 09, 03:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok just to get my post count even higher..

Big Fish
georgs1963 user not visiting Queenzone.com
georgs1963
Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 09, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is very hard to argue Bohemian Rhapsody as best song just because the significance of the song but it's also a personal favorite of mine. In melody lyrics and sheer composition it almost stands by itself in history, other favs i have are Innuendo, Radio Gaga , i love this song, it was a huge it and i don't understand why it's getting such a bad rap. It has a clear message , the way the music uses computers matches the meaning of the song and it has this amazing satire to it only Queen was capable of. It moans the fact that we watch too many videos yet the Band helped invent them and also goes overboard making them. Alsoi Mustapha also has been a song i love for decades.I really don't have a worst song, there is a few i don't care for .

Albums! I am a traditional Queen fan but i am not one of them that concentrates on the 70s only i appriciate most of their albums. Sure every band is hungrier early on and that goes for Queen as well but i feel they done some great albums in the 80's i just rank some of my favorites.

1: A Night at the Opera , i know it's the easy choice but this album ius brilliant on any standard, i think its the best album of the decade, everything came together for Queen, they were under a lot of pressure financially. They succeeded. its's poetry, mocking, teasing . This album is up there with any of the Beatles best work, except it's harder, louder , the music is delievred better and of course Freddies voice

2: Innuendo, Queen2 , The works, The Miracle.
I don't think any band has ever done a better swan song than Queen did with Innuendo ( Made in Heaven doesn't count for me because it wasn't planned allthough it's beautiful at it's best)
Queen2 goes without saying, The Works and The MIracle are Queens best pop/rock albums, beautiful melodies but also some amazing social comments. The Works is criminally underrated.

As far as worst goes i agree on Hot Space but thats just personal taste,m i still congratulate the band on their balls for doing this album it does succeed on some levels but it was tool pushy and didnt deliever batural like The Game did. Somehow i also don't care much for A Kind of Magic, it's a bit of a letdown between the masterpieces The Works and The Miracle, seems to me the band was in a hurry possibly because of Highlander, the tour perhaps, allthough, i think the period between 1984 and 1986 was their best as far as videos and live performances goes.

lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 09, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doxonrox wrote:

Best Song: There's a lot of them - no best needed when they wrote dozens of stunning songs.
Best Album: Sheer Heart Attack. If you take that piece of shit Misfire off the album, it's damn near perfect. In fact, if you remove all John Deacon songs from Queen records, the only album that suffers is ANATO because of You're My Best Friend - and it doesn't suffer much. I know you stepfords love him, but his cheese ass songwriting ruined the band. I've proven this fact scientifically, btw.

Worst Song: They wrote some real stinkers, but I'll go with my answer above - Misfire is an embarrassment and sounds like a 4 year old wrote the lyrics.
Worst Album: The Miracle was forced, uninspired, dull, and lacking of even one good song. Other than that, it still sucked!

John Deacon was a great songwriter.  Just because he wrote different songs doesn't mean they're bad.  They are good songs in their respective genre.  Misfire is a nice tune, also.  It isn't a fact that Deacon ruined the band, it is just an opinion.