Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Bohemian Rhapsody, as performed by a scanner, a computer and some disk driv

forum rss feed
Author

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 09, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We're big fans of anybody who uses inappropriate technology to make music - see, for example, Tesla coils - which is why were pleased to discover that someone has marshalled a load of outdated computer hardware to produce a version of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

The song - recorded without any sampling or effects, using just the noises of the hardware - sees a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A computer from the early eighties impersonating Brian May's guitar, while an HP ScanJet 3c steps into Freddie Mercury's shoes.

Full article + video at http://theridiculant.metro.co.uk/2009/04/bohemian-rhapsody-as-performed-by-a-scanner-a-computer-and-some-disk-drives.html

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 09, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right, I know this has already been posted - I had submitted this as a news article before it had been posted, and for some reason today I got an e-mail saying my article had been posted. But it seems all the website did was post it on the forum under my username. :x

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!