Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Flash Soundtrack

forum rss feed
Author

Jakobe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 May 09, 01:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So if you've read Brian's soapbox lately you've seen his retrospective of making Flash. I found this bit particularly interesting.

"The carte blanche thing gave me another idea. I realised that if they would give me all the 'sprocket' reels with Orchestra,Dialogue, and Sound effects, I could effectively make a potted sound version of the whole film for the soundtrack album.And compress it all still further to make a single, which would evoke the whole stor of the film. To my knowledge, nobody ever did that before."

I never knew that Brian was the one who had the idea of putting the movie dialogue and sound effects in the soundtrack. I'd always wanted to hear the soundtrack sans dialogue, personally.

Also, trying to figure out the extra hidden piece embedded in the Wedding March...

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 May 09, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It doesn't surprise me, since he was the producer. I personally think those songs wouldn't make much sense without the film bits.

As for the quoted piece, it's Chopin's Marche fun├Ębre.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.