Forums > Personal > Has this happened to you? Is it normal?

forum rss feed
Author

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 May 09, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hadn't slept for like two or three days until last night when I went to sleep. Gavyn slept at my parent's house last night because I hadn't slept for so long, and I didn't know what time I was going to wake up today so I didn't know if I'd wake up in time to watch him. And Jessica had to go to work at 11:00am today.

So I woke up this morning and I felt horrible. Like I didn't know who I was or anything. I soon woke up and realized who I am and who everyone I know is, but I didn't know where I was. It was 11:20am and I was very scared and it felt like I was having a panic attack, but it wasn't one. I've had a million. In all my panic attacks, I still knew where I was. But not today, and my blood pressure didn't feel high or anything. I didn't remember anything except that I know who everyone in my family is, and who all my friends are. I didn't know where I was or anything, it was very scary. About 10 to 20 minutes later, I remembered everything, but I feel weird still and my eyes feel fucked up and I feel like I'm in a dream-like state, and weak and just, I feel really weird.

Is this normal? I don't want to go to the hospitol, plus Jessica has my truck as we need to replace the brake lines in her car, so I'm stuck here.

But has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal? I'm being very serious here and would appreciate an honest answer as I was so scared.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 02 May 09, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing about you is normal.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 02 May 09, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm no doctor but here's what I think is wrong with you.

You're a fucking moron who has managed to convince himself that he has a sleep disorder so that his family has to take responsibilty for his child while he sits up all night boring the tits of people on Queenzone.

Take 300 paracetamol and try to get a good night's sleep. If symptoms persist, put a loaded firearm in your mouth and pull the trigger.

fatty.

Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 02 May 09, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-fatty- wrote:

I'm no doctor but here's what I think is wrong with you.

You're a fucking moron who has managed to convince himself that he has a sleep disorder so that his family has to take responsibilty for his child while he sits up all night boring the tits of people on Queenzone.

Take 300 paracetamol and try to get a good night's sleep. If symptoms persist, put a loaded firearm in your mouth and pull the trigger.

fatty.

I don't think I have a sleeping disorder. I don't know why you keep saying that I think I have one, when I stay awake instead of going to sleep by my own decision.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 03 May 09, 01:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Though this is more than likely just another prank to get reactions out of people, I'll play anyway.

Do what I did once.  Unplug your computer for one week.  Just yank the damn thing, go and do something else with your time.  It might seem unrelated to your mental health, but believe you me it helps a lot.  I've done it a couple of times (though I'm sure no one here noticed!) and it does a world of good.

I don't want an answer to this post because that will simply be a sign that you're ignoring the best advice you've had all year.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 03 May 09, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Though this is more than likely just another prank to get reactions out of people, I'll play anyway.

My 'episode' had nothing to do with the computer, and no, it's not a game. Really happened. Scarier that it's un-believeable. And you know, I notice when you're not on Queenzone. My computer makes a sound when you log on or off of Queenzone

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 May 09, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet Insanity wrote:

My 'episode' had nothing to do with the computer, and you know, I notice when you're not on Queenzone. 

Yeah, about that, I was referring to non-sociopaths.  You still haven't tried my advice.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 03 May 09, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Sweet Insanity wrote:

My 'episode' had nothing to do with the computer, and you know, I notice when you're not on Queenzone. 

Yeah, about that, I was referring to non-sociopaths.  You still haven't tried my advice.

I didn't ask for advice on my computer, Mint.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 03 May 09, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope, it's never happened to me before. o.O

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 May 09, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet Insanity wrote:

I didn't ask for advice on my computer, Mint.

Look, Mutant, I didn't say you asked for it.  You're badly in need of some sort of outside aid though.  It'd be like jogging past someone having a heart attack and mumbling 'well, they didn't ask for CPR, fuck 'em'.

terrence user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 03 May 09, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wanker

hey
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 03 May 09, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's happened to me before. But only because I mixed Nyquil with melatonin.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 May 09, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All jest aside, and I really do mean this; why, why, why do you come to QZ with these problems when it's health professionals you should be consulting?

I don't mean to impugn the character, experiences or knowledge of any Queenzone user when I say this, but surely they can't be quite as useful as a professional on the subject?

Of course, if you've already been to a doctor/shrink and you're just after similar experiences, I apologise.  But really...

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 03 May 09, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

All jest aside, and I really do mean this; why, why, why do you come to QZ with these problems when it's health professionals you should be consulting?

I don't know, Zeb.  Fatty is good for some fairly useful and insightful observations and suggestions . . .

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 May 09, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HA well fuck, while we're talking about health problems.

Against my better judgement I took two of my nephews down to the local park to get them away from computers and doing something physical for a change.  Kicked a football around for a while (Australian football, mind you) did some running.  I've learned that I'm terribly unfit.  Like, half an hour of running around made my head feel swollen, my breath shallow, and my chest almost sore with effort.

That is fucked.  There was a time where I could just run and run and run and do anything I damn well pleased.  Well, I was 16 I suppose.

I damn nearly killed myself in New South Wales, trying to prove to the members of Bohemian Rhapsody (they're a tribute band I was filling in for) that I was still a young lad.  I ran 100m up a very steep hill and didn't stop till I got to the very top of it.  I nearly had a fucking heart attack.  Took me twenty minutes or so to catch my breath.  Well that and a few beers....

Now, is THAT normal, or am I just pushing my luck as a non-athlete?

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 03 May 09, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Nah, thats called having fun. What a certain other mutant has done is not normal.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 03 May 09, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Mercury wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

Nah, thats called having fun. What a certain other mutant has done is not normal.

Quite right. I was out of shape up until last year - couldn't run without getting out of breath.

But having lost weight last year, and drumming lots, made me able to run LONGER without getting severely out of breath.

You literally need more exercise, and maybe practice more breathing techniques Zebonka - it'd do you a lot of good :-)

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 May 09, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, because at the moment I feel like I'm going to drop dead if I do anything more than a bit of rolling over in bed.

Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 03 May 09, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Yeah, because at the moment I feel like I'm going to drop dead if I do anything more than a bit of rolling over in bed.

That's horrible. Hopefully it's not a cancer of any sort. Do you smoke?

bobo the chimp

Posted: 04 May 09, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've never smoked, never even tried a cigarette.

Unfortunately many members of my family smokes like chimneys when I was a lad, so ... second hand smoke being what it is, I've probably got shit lungs.  Hehe.