Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New Tracks on The Stage Of Champions by Sebastien Lebrun and The Pilgrims

forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 May 09, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here are two different renditions of "The Show Must Go On"

The Pilgrims are a cover band and Sebastien a fan who recorded the track by himself.

Enjoy :-)

I do not want any google ads here.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 May 09, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Sebastien: Fantastic voice. Wouldn't like the way you pronounced 'another' and 'romance' but that's just my opinion, and it doesn't affect the singing per se. I loved the echo during the chorus, it was just perfect for the version. 'Corner' is a bit off-pitch, which is something you should correct IMO because the rest of the performance is great. The climax was phenomenal, to be honest I'd liked your voice from the beginning but I didn't think you'd be able to nail that part - yet, you did, and you were even better than I expected.

@ The Pilgrims: Drums are too dry in the intro, they're well-played but I don't like the mix. The voice is good but way too 'in-your-face' in the mix. All in all I think the performers were great but the producers/engineers/studio-crew weren't. I really didn't like the sound of the synth during the middle-eight, but then again I've never been a fan of those warm pads. The singing ladies were an unexpected twist, I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. I was tad disappointed that the singer didn't include the high 'show' before the end, I think he's good enough to do it.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.