Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: Queen Leiden, April 25, 1982(low gen)

forum rss feed
Author

on my way up user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 May 09, 04:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everyone. After having completed my thesis in time, I can offer you some more Queen recordings:-)

This is a very nice one. As wel all know the Dutch knew how to give the boys the confidence and energy to perform even better than they initially planned. This show is no exception.
The sound quality is really nice, B+.

I'm really happy with all the shares here on QZ, thanks to all the contributors. I'd say, keep up the good work:-)

Queen
Leiden, Holland
Groenoordhal
April 25, 1982

Low gen but lineage is unknown.
AUD > ? > WAV (GoldWave speed correction, volume doubled, track breaks added) > FLAC level 8

Disc 1:
01. Flash (tape)
02. The Hero
03. Tie Your Mother Down
04. Action This Day
05. Play The Game
06. Back Chat
07. Somebody To Love
08. Love Of My Life
09. Mustapha (Intro)
10. Save Me
11. Get Down Make Love

Disc 2:
01. Guitar Solo
02. Under Pressure
03. Fat Bottomed Girls
04. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
05. Bohemian Rhapsody
06. Now I'm Here
07. Dragon Attack
08. Now I'm Here (reprise)
09. Another One Bites The Dust
10. Sheer Heart Attack

Keep it lossless, and enjoy!

on my way up

Posted: 19 May 09, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

here's the torrent:-)

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 2009519221892128.torrent 12 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 246 time(s).

on my way up

Posted: 19 May 09, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm also going to upload this on dime to help my ratio there so please do not download and post it there:-) That's my only request apart from the obvious request to keep it lossless.

on my way up
Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good news for the thesis, fingers crossed now !!

BTW, thanks a lot for your share and your participation here !

Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.

wanna trade ?

Posted: 19 May 09, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ruth.olivier wrote:

Good news for the thesis, fingers crossed now !!

BTW, thanks a lot for your share and your participation here !

Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.

Indeed fingers crossed:-) The last few weeks were hell, especially the last week. There was so much I stil had to do but in the end it turned out alright in time. I'm pretty good at working 'under pressure':-) I was exhausted.

I'd like to thank you too for your participation. It's very nice you came back:-) I'm glad a lot of people join in to make this place better. If you look at the sharing activity, we're doing well. We're not there yet but we're getting better!

on my way up
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, good to see you finally had the time to upload it (as part of our trade)
Good also, you shared it overhere (like I suggested in the Leiden 86 master topic)

Everybody happy.

Posted: 19 May 09, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

Well, good to see you finally had the time to upload it (as part of our trade)
Good also, you shared it overhere (like I suggested in the Leiden 86 master topic)

Everybody happy.

Dennis, I'm not too pleased with your choice of words, to be honest. 'Finally had the time'---> I've been working my arse off the last 6 weeks with days of 15 hours or more for my thesis. Uploading a concert in between all that work was really not my first concern. When I say I'm going to do something I always do it. You told me: that upload can wait 'till after your thesis is finished. I handed it in friday May 15th and now I upload it, the 19th. You didn't have to wait long.

And I'm uploading it over here because I want everyone to enjoy it, not just because you suggested it. I did the same with Zurich'80 or Boston'82 without any trading obligation, so please don't act as if you make me share.

on my way up
RoyThomasBaker user not visiting Queenzone.com
RoyThomasBaker
Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks!

Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.

Posted: 19 May 09, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Choice of words...???

WTF???

Did I say something wrong? I was saying it's good you did the upload. The words "finally had the time" were pointed at you because I know you have been working hard on your thesis and I find it good to see (FOR YOU!) that you finally have some more time... Get drunk, get laid, enjoy your free time and don't overreact dude...Totally no reason for that!

And me acting like I made you share it over here?? Are you serious? LOL!! That's totally NOT a thought that crossed my mind at all. I couldn't care less Raf. I really don't give a damn about your motivation to share. Do you shares if you want to and please don't feel obliged to share if someone suggests it.

Posted: 19 May 09, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

My Choice of words...???

WTF???

Did I say something wrong? I was saying it's good you did the upload. The words "finally had the time" were pointed at you because I know you have been working hard on your thesis and I find it good to see (FOR YOU!) that you finally have some more time... Get drunk, get laid, enjoy your free time and don't overreact dude...Totally no reason for that!

And me acting like I made you share it over here?? Are you serious? LOL!! That's totally NOT a thought that crossed my mind at all. I couldn't care less Raf. I really don't give a damn about your motivation to share. Do you shares if you want to and please don't feel obliged to share if someone suggests it.

Well, you knew I was going to upload it and you knew when. 'Finally' makes it sound like I've waited with it because I couldn't make up my mind or something which is not the case. Also, 'everybody happy' makes it sound like you had to persuade me and that is simply not the case either. I still feel there's a cynic undertone in your message. If that was not your intention, then I feel you could have written something else( be a bit more clearer and enthusiastic). 

on my way up

Posted: 19 May 09, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not my intention at all Raf!

Posted: 19 May 09, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

The fact we're writing in a foreign language will probably have something to do with it.

It's ok, case closed.

on my way up
Queenline user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 136 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks you very mush :-D

It is a great upgrade from the mp3 for me - thanks again.

Posted: 19 May 09, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

Ducksoup wrote:

The fact we're writing in a foreign language will probably have something to do with it.

It's ok, case closed.

About the language: you are correct. I will be more specific next time.
Thanks for the share!

vivaqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
vivaqueen
Bohemian: 781 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 12:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERCI BEAUCOUP

Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

on my way up wrote:

Ducksoup wrote:

It's ok, case closed.

About the language: you are correct. I will be more specific next time.
Thanks for the share!

I was afraid that problem of terms would lead to something a little too "huge" !

I remember having been to London with my aunt many many years ago (my God, I haven't seen London since 15 years ? Is that possible ?). She went to a joke shop (for non-native English like me, a shop that sells thingummies and gadgets); She found a box, called "garbage box" I think. She opened it. Then a recorded voice came from the box and said "Fuck You !". She was happy to see that just opening a box, she was "thanked". She heard "Thank You". Of course she never followed any English lesson at all during his youth and afterwards... I kept quiet !
I told nothing neither when, opening the box anew, she thought that "Bitch" meant that the box wanted to enjoy a part of the summer with her (she heard "beach" of course). But I was forced to explain us what "trendy asshole" meant, as everybody looked at her laughing really loud, like a mad in the shop, and didn't understand what kind of mental problems she could have... She laughed twice louder !!

Believe me, being a non-native English can prove very difficult, and even those who are speaking English fluently can make mistake they don't even notice (just read my posts here and there, especially when I post late at night !).

Back to the topic, thanks a very lot for the share !! Fantastic to see the dedication to quality and the number of interesting shares here nowadays !

Non English-native Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.

wanna trade ?

Posted: 19 May 09, 12:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was someone with 97% who's not around anymore. Did he/she complete and hit the road? I hope the second person who completes will help me seed a little:-)

on my way up
little foetus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 500 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How are we so sure that the end (wwry, watc and gstq) that is on certain cdrs is fake? I can't find the explanation anywhere. I have the high gen version with the end spliced which comes certainly from another source and I have no clue why this one couldn't be the end of this show. The audience sounds typically Dutch, singing every word with Freddie. In the other hand, we can't hear any clue about it being really the end of this show (no city name, etc.). Any clue about it?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

little foetus wrote:

How are we so sure that the end (wwry, watc and gstq) that is on certain cdrs is fake? I can't find the explanation anywhere. I have the high gen version with the end spliced which comes certainly from another source and I have no clue why this one couldn't be the end of this show. The audience sounds typically Dutch, singing every word with Freddie. In the other hand, we can't hear any clue about it being really the end of this show (no city name, etc.). Any clue about it?

Every version I've ever heard with the remaining tracks uses the first night to fill in the gap.  Some copies even added the first night's Staying Power and Liar into encore.

Also, every collector I've talked to who has had a tape of this show since the 80s lists their copy as cutting off after SHA.

Of course, the tracks might exist, but it seems pretty unlikely, unless there's another source.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
little foetus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 500 posts

Posted: 19 May 09, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the two Leiden 82 shows and on my versions, the ends of the shows are clearly different.