Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen + Adam Lambert?

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2744 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that Queen + lambert threads are gonna start anyday now, So I figured I would be one of the first ones to ask the question, is this gonna happen?....they looked so natural together.  Lambert is truly the next freddie mercury, so why not have him sing a bunch of queen songs?...  Imagine how huge it would be.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 04:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he has the right kind of character.

Way different kind of voice though.  In the high register, Freddie sounded like a man.  Adam Lambert sounded more like Annie Lennox than anything when singing WATC.

I honestly wouldn't say no to them flicking Paul Rodgers for someone with this kind of singing ability, but it'd never happen.  Lambert's a kid, I couldn't see Roger and Brian taking him onboard.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2687 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 06:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But he's marketable. Right now he's hot and there's controversy surrounding him - is he/isn't he. If they're looking for someone fresh and exciting to bring the Queen sound to a new generation, Adam, imo, would be the one.



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's too young.



"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 07:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got a very stupid question - who is Adam Lambert ?


Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote:

I got a very stupid question - who is Adam Lambert ?

Gay American Idol contestant with perhaps the same vocal range as Freddie but not really 1/10th as talented otherwise.







"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Saif wrote:







pittrek wrote:



I got a very stupid question - who is Adam Lambert ?


Gay American Idol contestant with perhaps the same vocal range as Freddie but not really 1/10th as talented otherwise.


American Idol ? That explains all







e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 692 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

But he's marketable. Right now he's hot and there's controversy surrounding him - is he/isn't he. If they're looking for someone fresh and exciting to bring the Queen sound to a new generation, Adam, imo, would be the one.




in 6 months he's not marketable. he's forgotten

to replace one of the best singers in the world with a karaoke act with an extreme makeover?

GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian May - please listen; some time ago - you wrote a brilliant piece on your website about how wrong INX were in going on a reality show to find a new singer. please re-visit it Dr. May




beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam's been doing musical theatre for years.  Perhaps he'd be a good fit in a production of WWRY.  Or....perhaps Brian might lend a guitar solo or two to Adam's album. Or...who knows?

And I, for one, would love to know what Brian said to Adam on stage when the song was over...


"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
mercuryrks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he said bend over and grab your ankles, your gonna get screwed by the voters they dont like gay people I think the kid was the better of the 2 and yes I dont care if he's gay.More power to him!


beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, that's exactly the kind of response I know to expect around here.

Yawn.


"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
mercuryrks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You see what it is the truth people did not like Freddie Mercury after they did I want to break free video here in the U.S people dont like change I was wanting the kid to win myself but we all know its not like us to have a gay person to look up to for anything.


Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone who says "so and so can't replace Freddie..." has it completely wrong. This is not what it's about. No one can replace Freddie and everyone on this board should realize this. I'm certain Brian and Roger know he can't be replaced as well, no one can be replaced. I think all Brian and Roger have in their minds (at least I hope) when they get a "stand in" vocalist to sing Queen songs is so their fans can still enjoy their music in a live setting, they can enjoy playing live as well, and also to pay tribute to Freddie. Anyone who knows anything about Freddie Mercury should be able to comprehend that his talent can't be doubled. We may never see someone of his talent again period! 

I'm a Queen fan, a huge one as are most on this board. Please don't think that Brian and Roger are trying or have ever tried to replace Freddie. It's a matter of them being able to still play their music that they enjoy live and letting the fans enjoy it as well. Adam can't replace Freddie, no one can and no one ever will. That debate should never even come to surface. Can Adam entertain people by singing Queen's songs with Brian and Roger? I think yes and I would pay hard earned money to hear it!

If it happens and he does get with Brian and Roger in the future for something then I say enjoy it if you like it and if you don't then don't listen.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 692 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Lisser wrote:

Anyone who says "so and so can't replace Freddie..." has it completely wrong. This is not what it's about. No one can replace Freddie and everyone on this board should realize this. I'm certain Brian and Roger know he can't be replaced as well, no one can be replaced. I think all Brian and Roger have in their minds (at least I hope) when they get a "stand in" vocalist to sing Queen songs is so their fans can still enjoy their music in a live setting, they can enjoy playing live as well, and also to pay tribute to Freddie. Anyone who knows anything about Freddie Mercury should be able to comprehend that his talent can't be doubled. We may never see someone of his talent again period! 

I'm a Queen fan, a huge one as are most on this board. Please don't think that Brian and Roger are trying or have ever tried to replace Freddie. It's a matter of them being able to still play their music that they enjoy live and letting the fans enjoy it as well. Adam can't replace Freddie, no one can and no one ever will. That debate should never even come to surface. Can Adam entertain people by singing Queen's songs with Brian and Roger? I think yes and I would pay hard earned money to hear it!

If it happens and he does get with Brian and Roger in the future for something then I say enjoy it if you like it and if you don't then don't listen.



you can be sure as hell that I won't listen.

but it will hurt my soul to see them destroy the legacy of the best band in the world.

"Queen + tv star - playing to screaming teenage girls near you"





vadenuez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So Queen's going to hire a C-lebrity to be their next singer??

More respect to Paul Rodgers, damn it!


bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think if Q+PR proved anything it's that Queen's legacy can't be hurt or ruined, because it's almost considered a separate entity by most folks ...  you'd be surprised by just how many people don't even know that Q+PR happened.

I don't see how trying another singer would hurt at all.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



e-man wrote:



 



Lisser wrote:



Anyone who says "so and so can't replace Freddie..." has it completely wrong. This is not what it's about. No one can replace Freddie and everyone on this board should realize this. I'm certain Brian and Roger know he can't be replaced as well, no one can be replaced. I think all Brian and Roger have in their minds (at least I hope) when they get a "stand in" vocalist to sing Queen songs is so their fans can still enjoy their music in a live setting, they can enjoy playing live as well, and also to pay tribute to Freddie. Anyone who knows anything about Freddie Mercury should be able to comprehend that his talent can't be doubled. We may never see someone of his talent again period! 

I'm a Queen fan, a huge one as are most on this board. Please don't think that Brian and Roger are trying or have ever tried to replace Freddie. It's a matter of them being able to still play their music that they enjoy live and letting the fans enjoy it as well. Adam can't replace Freddie, no one can and no one ever will. That debate should never even come to surface. Can Adam entertain people by singing Queen's songs with Brian and Roger? I think yes and I would pay hard earned money to hear it!

If it happens and he does get with Brian and Roger in the future for something then I say enjoy it if you like it and if you don't then don't listen.




you can be sure as hell that I won't listen.

but it will hurt my soul to see them destroy the legacy of the best band in the world.

"Queen + tv star - playing to screaming teenage girls near you"







Good for you, don't listen then! What is the problem with singing to screaming teenage girls? Should Queen only sing to gay men? Lesbians? Geriatric patients?? When bands play music I'm sure they aren't selective on who buys tickets or CDs. They just want to play for fans and they want people who like their music to buy their product and come see them if they tour. It's not as difficult as you and some others make it out to be.

As Z said, Queen's legacy can't be touched, it can't be destroyed, it's forever written in history. Quit being miserable and enjoy what you enjoy and quit bitching about what you don't enjoy. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.





Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you're even considering this, you're probably not the typical Queen fan.  Because of the diversity of each album, Queen built quite a following of varied fans, but one thing they all had in common was the ability to determine what good music and showmanship really was/is. 

So if you're an Idol fan AND a Queen fan, you're either:
(1) Terribly confused
(2) Under 14
(3) unaware that Brian, Paul, and Roger got paid a hay-uge pile of money to appear on Idol in the first place
(4) unaware that Brian, Paul, Roger, John, Ringo, or any other serious musical act would never take an Idol winner seriously.
(5) unaware that contestants are created by the TV show.  It's more act than talent.  You really think these are yokos from Lancaster who got a shot to make it big? No.  They're "marketable".  How's Clay, Rueben, and the rest of those idiots doing lately?  Think they have any money left?

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



beautifulsoup wrote:

Adam's been doing musical theatre for years.  Perhaps he'd be a good fit in a production of WWRY.  Or....perhaps Brian might lend a guitar solo or two to Adam's album. Or...who knows?

And I, for one, would love to know what Brian said to Adam on stage when the song was over...


he looks like a Galilleo doesnt he?



maybe Canada or the UK in 18 months time? Mr Cowell and Mr Fuller will milk him dry first before giving him to anyone else.










isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 09, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Micrówave wrote:

If you're even considering this, you're probably not the typical Queen fan.  Because of the diversity of each album, Queen built quite a following of varied fans, but one thing they all had in common was the ability to determine what good music and showmanship really was/is. 

So if you're an Idol fan AND a Queen fan, you're either:
(1) Terribly confused
(2) Under 14
(3) unaware that Brian, Paul, and Roger got paid a hay-uge pile of money to appear on Idol in the first place
(4) unaware that Brian, Paul, Roger, John, Ringo, or any other serious musical act would never take an Idol winner seriously.
(5) unaware that contestants are created by the TV show.  It's more act than talent.  You really think these are yokos from Lancaster who got a shot to make it big? No.  They're "marketable".  How's Clay, Rueben, and the rest of those idiots doing lately?  Think they have any money left?


Kelly Clarkson seems to be doing quite fine







isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]