Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Adam Lambert possibly new singer for Queen

forum rss feed
Author

Rock It user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 May 09, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's it, Ive had enough, I can't put up with this shit anymore!!

I found this on a Dutch news site.

Idols-deelnemer mogelijk nieuwe voorman Queen
Idols contestant possibly the new frontman for Queen

Brian May said (regarding this reporter)

Dutch:
'Temidden van de chaos was er geen rustig moment om met Adam te praten, maar ik wil zeker met hem samenwerken'', stelde May.

English:
"Their wasn't any quit moment i could talk to Adam during the Idols show, but i defenitley wanna work together with him."

Well , personally i don't care if it's true or not, but this is it, Paul Rodgers ......fine, but a Idols contestant...!!??.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/1968149/idols-deelnemer-mogelijk-nieuwe-voorman-queen.html

Fun It
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sell my collection if they do this.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know if I should laugh or cry

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That quote doesn't automatically mean that Adam Lambert would be a new singer for Queen. 

Brian said he'd like to work with him.  That could mean on a production of WWRY, or playing a guitar solo or two on an Adam CD, or having him sing with the band on one or two songs in another context (someone in another thread mentioned a 46664 concert)...

It could mean all kinds of things - or nothing at all; don't get too upset yet, folks!

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian in rollingstone: (from brianmay.com)

EXCLUSIVE:
After Adam Lambert’s killer performance with Queen on Wednesday night’s season finale of American Idol, rumors flew that he had already been offered a job singing with the band. That’s slightly premature, according to the band’s guitarist, Brian May.
“Amongst all that furor, there wasn’t really a quiet moment to talk,” May tells Rolling Stone in an e-mail interview. “But [drummer Roger Taylor] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him at some point. It’s not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn’t that easy. But I’d certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there.”
May, whose band recently ended a four-year-long partnership with singer Paul Rodgers, is comfortable with Idol as a launching point for the careers of rock singers.
“You’d have to define ‘legitimate’ first,” he writes. “The long-term answer has to be that, if you have enough talent and enough will to succeed, you will get there by whatever route presents itself. Once you have scaled the castle walls, with the sword in your hand, it matters little how you got there. I’ve not always been positive about shows like this, but there is no doubt that it offers a door to some real genuine talent along the way.”
“Both those boys are well worthy of big success,” May continues, in regard to Lambert and Idol winner Kris Allen. “So it’s pointless for someone like me to stand on the sidelines jeering. I’m confident Adam will make great use of this wonderful opportunity. I hope I’m there to see it.”

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll lose totally what little respect I have left for them after the PR experiment if they go ahead with this. Or at least don't use the Queen name!! 

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

I sell my collection if they do this.

If you survived Queen + 5ive I am sure you could get through this.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's a very good idea to have him as the frontman. After all, Adam Lambert was Freddie's favourite singer, as May's and Taylor's upcoming interviews will soon establish.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok... i was for Paul Rodgers, he's amazing singer and he did amazing job with Queen for four years.. tha's fine...

but, GOD PLEASE NO, GOD PLEASE NOT Adam Lambert.... PLEASE....

Brian, Roger, please... do not do this...

marwan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

4 this essue i thought it's avery good time to give this legendary band avery modernize touch by avery strong voice of lambert & don't 4get he is doing very well.so i hope it will b happend.as soon as ......

mm

Posted: 23 May 09, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

marwan wrote:

4 this essue i thought it's avery good time to give this legendary band avery modernize touch by avery strong voice of lambert & don't 4get he is doing very well.so i hope it will b happend.as soon as ......

oh my God, lambert's fanboys registered here, please God, no....

i hope this collaboration will never happen.. it ruins QUEEN reputation alot

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 23 May 09, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why does everybody have their panties in a wad over something that has not even happened?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 24 May 09, 00:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All tastes and opinions aside...

From a marketing standpoint, it would be a brilliant move.  The name Queen then may certainly be popular in the US at levels comparable to their peak there in the early 80s.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 24 May 09, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Doctor wrote:

Why does everybody have their panties in a wad over something that has not even happened?

we're just hoping it aint gonna happen... come one it would ruin Queen reputation ALOT...

look it like this: Freddie was one and only, unique. We accpted Paul Rodgers as he's really one stunning musician that has really long career and music success behind him... but man, who the fu** is this guy???? HE's not for Queen and that's it...

I easily accepted Paul Rodgers, come one, we all did, some in other, and some in another way, but we accepted it, i accepted it fully and i supported Queen and Paul Rodgers work, tour's were great, if you ask me the album [TCR] was great too!

but man, this guy????

i really do not want to think of him as singer with Queen... we don't. that's it. He's nobody, he has no style and cant be Queen singer, period.

ps if they really do want to collaborate with someone, please find someone else, someone who has reputation and someone who did something in music industry, someone like mr. Paul Rodgers, someone like that, not this funny little boy...

final period.

kosimodo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 554 posts

Posted: 24 May 09, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How much i enjoyed Paul live.. he sure wasnt a Freddie..

Adam would give the possibility to perform those songs live which Paul, for sure, couldnt.

If so, i would go:) And i bet i enjoy it!!!

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 24 May 09, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm starting to feel a little sick....

Let's just hope that 'working with him', means nothing more then 'I want him to star in WWRY'!
I would be fine with that - I don't give a rats ass about that musical anyway. If they want to record one song together, I could even live with that, having survived all kinds of crap they pulled between 1995 and 2005.

But anyhting beyond that... I don't want to think about it. It WOULD be the final drop for me...

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 24 May 09, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I've seen the American Idol performance and if I would use only my ears and not my eyes I would seriously think I'm listening to some sub-average pub band who made a Queen cover just for fun.

I still remember when I've first seen the Hall of fame 2004 show - I thought they sound fantastic together and I really hoped they're gonna do an album together.

When I first heard the 5ive collaboration, I though "what the f......amily ? ", but later I liked the song. The same with Robbie "look at me I'm a singer" WIlliams.

This "possible collaboration" reminds me more on the collaboration with Britney, Pink and Euthanasia. When I've heard it I wanted to scream "shut the f* up bitch", I don't like this feeling and I hope that "Queen" won't make me feel this way again.

Reid_Special_98 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 24 May 09, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M'eh -- I dunno. I really don't understand why people are getting upset about this. This is just an opportunity for musicians to work together -- and it just so happens that they 'might' use the name Queen, which they have every right to do.

Consider this -- there was a BBC interview a few years ago which had Brian himself admitting that he had doubts about Freddie's capabilities - and look what happened there...Freddie Bulsara honed his craft - and got better and better along with the rest of the band. So fast forward 40 years and you sort of have the same thing. The difference this time is that the 'singer' in question is already a recognized success, and the confidence and stage presence to go along with it. Added to that, it would be a serious boost to May and Taylor if they were to go with this idea as their popularity in the States is nowhere near what it is in Europe - at least right now.

What I find puzzling however -- back in 2006, Queen + Paul Rodgers also worked with the American Idol contestants and were 'supposed' to have played live on the show. This didn't happen for whatever reason. Fast forward 3 years and Brian and Roger are surprise guests...WITHOUT Paul Rodgers. Coincidence ?? I think not. Personally I think Paul Rodgers was the one who didn't want to do the show.

It'll be interesting if there is ever any mention of Rodgers again -- I can't help but think that all of these statements about how Paul was 'Our Idol...' 'Freddie's Idol...' etc...were a product of the situation. They were enjoying the moment and were all about to convince everyone of this as well.

Anyway....that's all from me.

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 24 May 09, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

From a marketing standpoint, it would be a brilliant move.  The name Queen then may certainly be popular in the US at levels comparable to their peak there in the early 80s.

This is exactly what I said on a Dutch forum a couple of hours ago. Nobody can disagree on that!

If it happens... It would be like losing my hands or something :P

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 24 May 09, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

The thing is, the marketing strategy Queen (i.e. Freddie, Brian, John and Roger) used was creating marvellous songs, doing extraordinary albums and performing good concerts. The marketing strategy B&R use now is becoming a backing band for 5ive, Robbie, Britney or this bloke (if it ever happens). One year from now we'll see them in Disney channel promoting a new 'High School Musical' generation with music by 'Queen' (sic) and a Zac Efron wannabe. There's a hell of a lot of difference between both 'brilliant moves' 'from a marketing standpoint'.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.