Forums > Queen - General Discussion > screw Adam Lambert, Queen should team up with Susan Boyle

forum rss feed
Author

i-Fred user not visiting Queenzone.com
i-Fred
Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 09, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im sure she can belt out a few rockers, what with all the pubs she has ventured to over the years. Then on top of all that she can do some great ballads that would be very reminicent of Queen back in the day....

Plus, Adam's not ungly, Susan is....so was freddie.... HAHAHAH  and theres proof that no matter how you look, talent and charm and charisma will make you look GOOD!!!!  God bless you Fred....  so all these pretty young dudes singing out there, your all plastic cow boys.... flash in the pans... a product of the year..... a nation of hair cuts... god help us all...

queenplusplus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 25 May 09, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mmm......After Paul Rogers kicked them off, I don't think Brian and Roger should hire another famous person....I believe they should host a reality show themselves and select an underdog...

i-Fred

Posted: 25 May 09, 21:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queenplusplus wrote:

mmm......After Paul Rogers kicked them off, I don't think Brian and Roger should hire another famous person....I believe they should host a reality show themselves and select an underdog...

hhhmmm that would be to much like Inxs......  

Paul Rodgers wont go that far after queen........     He has a big ego and I suppose people wanted to see queen.... not him.... hence why he left

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 620 posts

Posted: 26 May 09, 01:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They finally could play Barcelona!

Olly 1988 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 26 May 09, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

am i still asleep or is this a reeeeealy bad dream?

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 26 May 09, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you mean smile should team up with her, there is no queen now.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts

Posted: 26 May 09, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

you mean smile should team up with her, there is no queen now.

roger says there is in a fanclub video......   FUCK YOU.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4685 posts

Posted: 26 May 09, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shemp wrote:

queenplusplus wrote:

Paul Rodgers wont go that far after queen........     He has a big ego and I suppose people wanted to see queen.... not him.... hence why he left

Paul Rodgers last DVD concert went to number three in the US charts while Queen Rock Montreal disappeared without trace. I don't think it even charted. Rodgers was successful before Queen and will be successful after Queen. Whether or not he has a big ego, I don't know, but what I do know is that a lot of Queen fans know fuck all about music. 

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2017 posts

Posted: 26 May 09, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rodgers was successful before Queen and will be successful after Queen. Whether or not he has a big ego, I don't know, but what I do know is that a lot of Queen fans know fuck all about music. ...............so true holly,so true.

Sith user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sith

Posted: 26 May 09, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

shemp wrote:

queenplusplus wrote:

Paul Rodgers last DVD concert went to number three in the US charts while Queen Rock Montreal disappeared without trace. I don't think it even charted. Rodgers was successful before Queen and will be successful after Queen. Whether or not he has a big ego, I don't know, but what I do know is that a lot of Queen fans know fuck all about music. 

Not true, "Queen Rock Montreal "is a re release of "We Will Rock You", which went to #1 in the US. It was being shown on a big screen here in New York back in the 90's, sometime after Freddie's death and was a big success. It was part of a summer special event that showcased live performances by various artists. 
I'm just surprised it didn't reach #1 again, considering that the quality is far superior to the original release.  

Band Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 26 May 09, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 I think your bias toward Paul is a little naive?
Paul Rodgers was made by one song Alright Now, which I admit i like immensely, but he is a one trick pony his vocals are nothing special i can sing better than him and i am a legend in my own bathroom! hahahahaha
Its not the name that makes you great its the quality control and Fred within Queen pushed the boundaries the furthest.
No offence intended but millions of people and the top artists around the world cannot be wrong, the world doesnt start and end with America one great country, especially the state of California.

i-Fred

Posted: 26 May 09, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly...and David....

Just what exactly are you suggesting with queen fans no fuck all about music? Is that a reflection on my comments about Paul Rodgers?  If so, I must say, that is a little narrow minded and very judgmental considering your window of knowledge on my .... Knowledge of music is based on that one comment I made... and every other person here..
You have either taken my comment to heart and really like Paul Rogers, or you just having a really fucking bad day..

Band Forever and TheWorks really do sum it up in relation to your comments Holly, and with out being a smart ass, it has shown a flaw in your comment which may or may not reflect the knowledge you have. 
Rodgers previous bands are only a street light compared to Queen’s ray of light,  Queen are like .. The sun compared to Rodgers fossils. There are only two songs I can think of when I tell people who P.R is… That’s by saying.. you know the song,,, all right now, cant get enough of your love….   …. Even then, they will acknowlge the song how ever there source for hearing it not going to trace it back to P.R…  You ask the same thing of Queen, and well, you could hours of conversation.

Totally forgot my point to all this,

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18475 posts

Posted: 27 May 09, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Band Forever wrote:

Paul Rodgers was made by one song Alright Now, which I admit i like immensely, but he is a one trick pony his vocals are nothing special

I see you haven't heard of Bad Company and The Firm.  Ever heard of Jimmy Page, while we're at it?

Paul Rodgers is one of very few to front three multi-platinum-selling bands.  His take on the blues is one-of-a-kind.  How many singers could have pulled off the end of Bohemian Rhapsody like he did on the last few tours?

If Queen choose to work with someone for 5 years after having worked with Freddie Mercury for 20 and selling 200 million records, chances are they're gonna pick the right guy.  It's not their fault that you don't understand what they saw in him.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
queenside user not visiting Queenzone.com
taking my ride with destiny
queenside
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 27 May 09, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

actually rodgers in not the only one to have fronted 3 multiplatinum
bands. ronnie james dio also did that with rainbow, black sabbath and
his own band dio

I watched as fear took the old men's gaze

Hopes of the young in troubled graves

I see no day, I heard him say

So grey is the face of every mortal

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18475 posts

Posted: 27 May 09, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I stand corrected.  But he's still in the club, as he's one of the very few, so my point stands. :-)

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts

Posted: 27 May 09, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Band Forever wrote:

Paul Rodgers was made by one song Alright Now, which I admit i like immensely, but he is a one trick pony his vocals are nothing special

I see you haven't heard of Bad Company and The Firm.  Ever heard of Jimmy Page, while we're at it?

Paul Rodgers is one of very few to front three multi-platinum-selling bands.  His take on the blues is one-of-a-kind.  How many singers could have pulled off the end of Bohemian Rhapsody like he did on the last few tours?

If Queen choose to work with someone for 5 years after having worked with Freddie Mercury for 20 and selling 200 million records, chances are they're gonna pick the right guy.  It's not their fault that you don't understand what they saw in him.

Sir GH, Paul Rodgers's success is irrelevant, when discussing on a forum like this whether or not Queen should have teamed up with him. There are plenty of Queen fans (myself included) who do consider it a mistake, and who do not believe that Queen was right in choosing him. It's not that we don't understand what they saw in him, we simply disagree that he should have been picked.

i-Fred

Posted: 27 May 09, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazon wrote:

Sir GH wrote:

Band Forever wrote:

Sir GH, Paul Rodgers's success is irrelevant, when discussing on a forum like this whether or not Queen should have teamed up with him. There are plenty of Queen fans (myself included) who do consider it a mistake, and who do not believe that Queen was right in choosing him. It's not that we don't understand what they saw in him, we simply disagree that he should have been picked.

Very Well worded, as sales dont real mean anything as we could use any other high selling artist and suggetst that they are worthy

i-Fred

Posted: 27 May 09, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Band Forever wrote:

Sir GH,

Do you like the comsos rocks???

i-Fred

Posted: 27 May 09, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Band Forever wrote:

Sir GH,

Do you like the comsos rocks???

doxonrox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts

Posted: 28 May 09, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

shemp wrote:

queenplusplus wrote:

Ahh, the CHART TELLS ALL, right? So Britney Spears is better than anyone mentioned in this thread?