Forums > Queen - General Discussion > OH FREDDIE YOU SHOULDN¨T HAVE - 10 Queen songs that don´t rock my world.

forum rss feed
Author

Bigfish user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love em to bits but they did record some stinkers, let´s face it. So in no particular order......

The Invisible Man  
Really appalling, turgid and offensive re-working of Ray Parker Juniors ´´Ghostbusters´´complete with annoying electro bass.
Man on the Prowl
A Complete bollocks attempt to retread ´Crazy little thing´ territory with Shakin Stevens style guitar solo. Should have given the whole song to him.
Misfire
The Clue is in the title. Thankfully JD´s songwriting got better.
My Baby Does Me
Yes I should think she probably does but not while listening to this surely. (Original Vinyl of the Miracle criminally overlooked ¨Hang on in There¨ in favour of this - what were they thinking of)
Delilah
Sorry Fred but a song about your cat has no place on a Queen Album. Even a GOOD song about your cat has no place on a Queen album and this is not a good song infact the song would probably pee all over your chippendale suite too. 
Was it all Worth it
"We bought a drumkit, thought we were perfect"....on the strength of these lyrics ´they, sadly, weren´t perfect at all - nor was it "Worth it". 
The Hitman
It wasn´t "A Hit" man.
Coming Soon
This song is not offensive - it just bores me beyond continence and that, for Queen, is unforgivable. 
Don´t lose your Head
Quite difficult not to lose your head when there is noise but no song.
Friends will be Friends
Shallow, Mawkish, sentimental lighter - waving at it´s very worst from Queen´s worst album.Actually in my experience Friends WON¨T be Friends unless your friend happens to be a Labrador.

Big Fish
coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 402 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I cringe when some of the songs you mentioned are played.  I do like Misire though.  Delilah, well I like the guitar work.  Have to ask when these songs are included on an album, did Queen really think these are good songs or was it all they had? Should include Party and Kashoggis ship.
Trite lyrics sung in a bad American drawl .  Arghh

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

was it all worth it is one of the best Queen songs ever with some of his finest moments..

I´m agree with the rest..

Queen rocks!
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was It All Worth It is one of their finest moments.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
fernandosales user not visiting Queenzone.com
fernandosales
Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Body language......

A_WintersTale user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YOU ARE SICK!

Who the f*ck you think you are to criticize THESE MUSICIANS???????????????????? AND TO EVEN GIVE THEM A PIECE OF YOUR OWN WICKED MIND?

I will really forward this now to Brian! You, God dammed arsehole!

lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the Invisible Man, Misfire, and Was It All Worth It.....

My ten least favorite Queen songs would be...(in no particular order)

My Baby Does Me
She Makes Me

Well those are the only ones I can say I dislike.

Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't agree with many of your choices.

The Invisible Man: when I first heard TIM, I did feel that it was basically a reworking of 'Ghostbuster's but now, once I acknowledge the debt it owes, I actually like it. I like Freddie's vocals and I love the naming of the 4 members.

Man on the Prowl: one of my least favourite songs on The Works, along with IAHL, but I like this song. Not a great song by any means, and it probably shouldn't have copied such an amazing song, but it is no way IMO one of Queen's worst songs.

Misfire:I love this song. I know, I'm probably the only one, but I really adore it. John had this ability to bring out some of Freddie's best and smoothest vocals, and this was no exception. A song that is far too short, whenever I listen to SHA, I always make it a point to listen to this song. I think it's fantastic; and yes, while it's not John's best song as writer (that honour goes IMO to In Only Seven Days) I do think it's pretty well written.

Was it all Worth it: not the best written song, but Freddie's vocals were superb, and sometimes, that's enough for me. The Miracle was IMO Queen's worst album, but Freddie's vocals were magnificent as usual, and this is IMO one of the album's best songs. I do think that it is one of the album's best written songs as well.

The Hitman: not a great song, but not a terrible one either. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Innuendo, so with a few exceptions, none of the songs are among my favourites. However I don't think this is among Queen's worst
songs.

Friends will be Friends: alright I'll probably be shot for this, but I love FWBF. I really do. Yes, it's sentimental, but I think that Freddie's vocals are wonderful and I do think it's well written. Plus, Brian is superb.

Calling_all_girls user not visiting Queenzone.com
Calling_all_girls
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with you for the most part except for Invisible Man and Was it All Worth it. Those IMO are the best 2 songs off of the Miracle.

Now, if you want shit Queen songs, check out Hot Space. That is some shit right there.

lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazon wrote:

The Invisible Man: when I first heard TIM, I did feel that it was basically a reworking of 'Ghostbuster's but now, once I acknowledge the debt it owes, I actually like it. I like Freddie's vocals and I love the naming of the 4 members.

Man on the Prowl: one of my least favourite songs on The Works, along with IAHL, but I like this song. Not a great song by any means, and it probably shouldn't have copied such an amazing song, but it is no way IMO one of Queen's worst songs.

Misfire:I love this song. I know, I'm probably the only one, but I really adore it. John had this ability to bring out some of Freddie's best and smoothest vocals, and this was no exception. A song that is far too short, whenever I listen to SHA, I always make it a point to listen to this song. I think it's fantastic; and yes, while it's not John's best song as writer (that honour goes IMO to In Only Seven Days) I do think it's pretty well written.

Was it all Worth it: not the best written song, but Freddie's vocals were superb, and sometimes, that's enough for me. The Miracle was IMO Queen's worst album, but Freddie's vocals were magnificent as usual, and this is IMO one of the album's best songs. I do think that it is one of the album's best written songs as well.

The Hitman: not a great song, but not a terrible one either. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Innuendo, so with a few exceptions, none of the songs are among my favourites. However I don't think this is among Queen's worst
songs.

Friends will be Friends: alright I'll probably be shot for this, but I love FWBF. I really do. Yes, it's sentimental, but I think that Freddie's vocals are wonderful and I do think it's well written. Plus, Brian is superb.

Don't worry.  You aren't the only one who loves Misfire.  It's my favorite song that was written by John Deacon.

mc7t user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be honest, if you put all of those tracks on one album, it would still be loads better than The Cosmos Rocks![img=/images/smiley/msn/tounge_smile.gif][/img]

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lalaalalaa wrote:

Amazon wrote:

songs.

Don't worry.  You aren't the only one who loves Misfire.  It's my favorite song that was written by John Deacon.

I'm delighted to hear that!  [img=/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif][/img]

The Royalist user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Royalist
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the following songs-

Bohemian Rhapsody
Don't stop me now
Killer Queen
Crazy little thing called love
Innuendo
Somebody to Love
The Show must go on
Hammer to Fall
A Kind of Magic
And of course...Drowse.

sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 09, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don´t like most queen songs, especially the ones sung by freddie.

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
marcenciels user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 09, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

héhéhé...fine humour indeed ;)

bof !...i'll go 50/50 with this post...and then again...

marcenciels user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 09, 00:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ghostbusters is like the invisible man ???

ouffff...that is why this post is weak.

who you,re gonna call ?..the invisible man ???

quite white guy...quite off beat....lolll....

Posted: 05 Jun 09, 01:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

marcenciels wrote:

Ghostbusters is like the invisible man ???

ouffff...that is why this post is weak.

who you,re gonna call ?..the invisible man ???

quite white guy...quite off beat....lolll....

The melody is almost identical to that of 'Ghostbusters.' Don't listen to the lyrics; listen to the music instead, and you'll notice the similarities.

Posted: 05 Jun 09, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A_WintersTale wrote:

YOU ARE SICK!

Who the f*ck you think you are to criticize THESE MUSICIANS???????????????????? AND TO EVEN GIVE THEM A PIECE OF YOUR OWN WICKED MIND?

I will really forward this now to Brian! You, God dammed arsehole!

"All I said was that piece of fish was fit for jehovah!"

Big Fish

Posted: 05 Jun 09, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

masterstroke_84 wrote:

was it all worth it is one of the best Queen songs ever with some of his finest moments..

I´m agree with the rest..

So those lyrics are pretty good then ?

Big Fish

Posted: 05 Jun 09, 03:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fernandosales wrote:

Body language......

Well, Body Language was at least experimental and brave.

Big Fish