Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen Live Killers: 30th Anniversary

forum rss feed
Author

silver_salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com
silver_salmon
Bohemian: 341 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jun 09, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On June 22nd Queen Live Killer meets 30 years!, it would be nice a special edition with the rest of the songs of the tour, What you think?

For example a 3rd cd with the rest of the songs played on the tour (or order like the tipical 1979 setlist):

• Somebody To Love
  • If You Can't Beat Them
  • It's Late
  • Fat Bottomed Girls
  • Jailhouse Rock
  • Big Spender
  • may be...Teo Torriatte
Of Course...all "2009 Digital Remastered"

...is just a humble ambition

Reid_Special_98 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 09, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's actually a pretty great idea. I don't know if it would be easier to do a full-on remastering of the 2-cd set or perhaps simply a 3rd CD with 'the rest' of the songs from that tour...from what's available. After all it'd be a reason to buy another Queen-related product.

I think it'd work beautifully as a digital download. (alot less cost to manufacture, rather than a full-on CD release) 

It would be interesting to know what exists in the vaults that would be of good quality for such a project.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 01:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Genesis are releasing all their live-albums in a remastered and expanded form later this year. Tracklists changed to reflect the actual setlist of the tour, tracks left off the vinyl/cd issues added back in etc.

Would be nice to have something like that with Queen. Of course that's never going to happen, we'll probably end up with a remastered edition of Live Magic with a bonustrack or something.

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 04:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img]    That's be great! I'd love to have those tracks plus more available in good quality from that era!

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would be great ... but we'll never see it.

Evereyday I'm getting more and more annoyed as I see every band re-releasing their old stuff remastered, with bonus tracks, etc etc. Genesis, as cited some posts above, U2, Pearl Jam, Placebo, Neil Young (an astonishing DVD-BluRay Boxset), and so on .. the list is neverending ... and Queen ? .... silence ...

It's been said the actual plans for official releases are the Singles Collection, QPR Ukraine, the vinyls and a new Greatest Hits/Best Of later in the year.

Can't see QPL being bright and active an arranging suddenly a Live Killers 30th Anniversary Edition for a release in 3 or 4 months .... something that, in fact, would be fantastic.

But the term "fantastic (ideas)" doesn´t match with QPL. We all know that.

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is a "Live K. 2004 remastered" version out there..

Can anyone tell me if it sounds better that the 1994 version?

Thanks!

Queen rocks!
silver_salmon

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

Would be great ... but we'll never see it.

Evereyday I'm getting more and more annoyed as I see every band re-releasing their old stuff remastered, with bonus tracks, etc etc. Genesis, as cited some posts above, U2, Pearl Jam, Placebo, Neil Young (an astonishing DVD-BluRay Boxset), and so on .. the list is neverending ... and Queen ? .... silence ...

It's been said the actual plans for official releases are the Singles Collection, QPR Ukraine, the vinyls and a new Greatest Hits/Best Of later in the year.

Can't see QPL being bright and active an arranging suddenly a Live Killers 30th Anniversary Edition for a release in 3 or 4 months .... something that, in fact, would be fantastic.

But the term "fantastic (ideas)" doesn´t match with QPL. We all know that.

Yeah..it's true, a very big defect of Queen is Queen Production. Some bands like to re-realise their old albums because they know what their fans love. Queen never seen that, i don't know why.

For example Pearl Jam, re-release their first album "Ten" with a box with bonus tracks (songs previously unreleased, remixes from the original tapes, demos). In this case...just a few tracks from a Queen tour...nothing really new..just a complete live recording.

Come on guys!! it was 28 concerts between Janury and March on 1979, there is not material from that tour on the twilight zone of Queen Productions??.....30 years of any classic album deserves a special edition!

Vali

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

masterstroke_84 wrote:

There is a "Live K. 2004 remastered" version out there..

Can anyone tell me if it sounds better that the 1994 version?

Thanks!

mmmm .... 2004 or 2001 ??

Anyway, it sounds faaaaaaaaar better :)

Vali

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

silver_salmon wrote:

Come on guys!! it was 28 concerts between Janury and March on 1979, there is not material from that tour on the twilight zone of Queen Productions??.....30 years of any classic album deserves a special edition!

According to what Greg Brooks listed in the Serious Discussion forum, they  have only the complete recordings of Munich and Paris from the Live Killers Tour ....

Anyway ... yes, 30 years of any classic album deserves a special edition .... yet again, QPL missed the opportunity started with ANATO:

ADATR, NOTW, JAZZ ... those albums deserved a 30th Anniversary Edition, too ... and it never happened

silver_salmon

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

ADATR, NOTW, JAZZ ... those albums deserved a 30th Anniversary Edition, too ... and it never happened

You're right! thats albums never had a chance for special edition!!..

Not to mention the first four albums

i know, i know thats questions were discuss on other post but everyday I am more ashamed of QPL

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No chance.

You forget who we're dealing with.  If anything, they'll re-release the album, "digitally re-mastered", with the exact track listing from the double album released in '79.  There will be maybe 3 new pictures in the booklet that we hadn't seen before, taken from something we have seen before.  It will probably be only one CD.  Maybe they'll make one side green and one side red, like the black Queen's 1st EP re-release CD.  And of course it will be a numbered limited edition.

$24.99

silver_salmon

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

No chance.

You forget who we're dealing with.  If anything, they'll re-release the album, "digitally re-mastered", with the exact track listing from the double album released in '79.  There will be maybe 3 new pictures in the booklet that we hadn't seen before, taken from something we have seen before.  It will probably be only one CD.  Maybe they'll make one side green and one side red, like the black Queen's 1st EP re-release CD.  And of course it will be a numbered limited edition.

$24.99

Ah ok it's true. You forgot the special edition with a extra dvd with interviews of Paul Rodgers talking about Bad Company and Bohemian Rhapsody taken from Live Aid.

$124.99

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a shame Queen Productions don't see that deluxe editions of the albums would sell. I've just started collecting the Pet Shop Boys' albums and they've released their first couple of albums as 2-CD editions with a nice booklet with interesting interviews. Disc 1 is the original album, Disc 2 is b-sides, remixes, alternate versions from the same period. Would be great if Queen would release something like this - because the huge boxset is never going to happen while Brian and Roger are still alive I think.

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2236 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Reid_Special_98 wrote:

I think it'd work beautifully as a digital download. (alot less cost to manufacture, rather than a full-on CD release) 

Dear God NO!
When Digital Downloads are lossless audio, then I'll be more open to it, but while they are still all lossy, the record companies can shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2236 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

You and me both!
I'm absolutely appalled at the price of the soon-to-be re-released Beatles remasters: £200 for the mono set, £165 for the stereo set and goodness knows how much the 5.1 surround set will be when that materialises next year!
If nothing else, I suppose it should prove to Queen Productions that they CAN put out expensive boxsets and sell them. I'd happily pay £200 to get all the albums properly remastered and mixed into surround.
If they make them special enough, people will pay out!

Vali

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Totally agree ... if they released their whole catalogue again in the similar way many bands actually do (double cd sets with the original album remastered and a 2nd disc with demos, alternative takes, remixes, live songs, etc) I´d go for it in 0,0000000001 seconds !! No matter the price !

I´m totally sure this would sell well, very well. If Depeche Mode, Genesis, Deff Leppard and Pet Shop Boys are doing it, why not Queen ? I believe we all agree, being as much objective as we can as loyal Queen fans, that the market for the brand QUEEN is much wider than the market for, let´s say, Deff Leppard or even Depeche Mode, a 100% active-successful-and-actually-playing-in-the-major-league band, don´t you think?

From this point, another debate could be started: could the release of the whole catalogue as double-cd sets affect the (non) release of the anthologies box sets? I´m sure the box sets could fit much more rare stuff .... I´ve read this theory somewhere here at QZ or at the QOL forum ...

Ok, listen to me QPL: release the whole catalogue again as double-cd sets, release the box sets and release replicas of Freddie´s moustache if you want. I´m amongst those crazy ones that will be buying everything ;)

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't see what the discussion is, we've just had a special edition of Live Killers released, with bonus tracks, and given away for FREE.

You people are never satisfied....

Simon Brown user not visiting Queenzone.com
Simon Brown
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 09, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

silver_salmon wrote:

According to what Greg Brooks listed in the Serious Discussion forum, they  have only the complete recordings of Munich and Paris from the Live Killers Tour ....

Anyway ... yes, 30 years of any classic album deserves a special edition .... yet again, QPL missed the opportunity started with ANATO:

The more I think about it, the more I think it's likely that they're saving all this stuff for the contract renegotiations as a sweetener. They'll get one more big hit of cash out of signing a new contract, like they did with Hollywood, and then a trickle feed of money from re-releases.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 09, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

I don't see what the discussion is, we've just had a special edition of Live Killers released, with bonus tracks, and given away for FREE.

Let's not forget too that it had a "great cover"...

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Vali

Posted: 13 Jun 09, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

damn it ! you´re right !!! ;)