Author

ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 09, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear All,

I have a query regarding certain queen documentaries, Are all the following the same or different films?

1) Queen The Champions
2) The Queen Phenomenon
3) A Queen Doc hosted by Axl.

Which among these is available officially?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Pim Derks user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 09, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Phenomenon is an edit of Champions of the World. The Axl Rose special is a different documentary from (I believe) early 1991. Champions of the World is riddled with errors, but it's a nice overview if you're just getting into the band IMO. Can't remember if the contents of the Axl Rose special are interesting. I seem to recall it includes some video footage of the Days of our Lives video shoot with Freddy looking terrible.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 09, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Axl hosted one was called "Legends", I believe it's a VH-1 or MTV exclusive.

See right through you!!
ParisNair

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:
Queen Phenomenon is an edit of Champions of the World. The Axl Rose special is a different documentary from (I believe) early 1991. Champions of the World is riddled with errors, but it's a nice overview if you're just getting into the band IMO. Can't remember if the contents of the Axl Rose special are interesting. I seem to recall it includes some video footage of the Days of our Lives video shoot with Freddy looking terrible.

Thanks for info!

Micrówave wrote:
The Axl hosted one was called "Legends", I believe it's a VH-1 or MTV exclusive.

I'd downloaded "Vh1 Legends - Queen" a few years ago from QZ itself but it did not have Axl hosting it. But it did have the "terrible looking Freddie" at the TATDOOL video shoot. Or maybe you are referring to a different show?

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The VH1 'Legends' documentary was nothing to do with the Axl Rose hosted documentary.
The one with Axl hosting was called 'The Days Of Our Lives' and although was good, it took a lot of footage from the 'Magic Years' documentaries.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Exactly - "These Aare The Days Of Our Lives" with Axl was a  documentary by DoRo to promote the launch of Innuendo. It was compiled from (mostly) Magic Years documentaries, "Making of The Miracle" and "Innuendo EPK". VH1 Legends is not a DoRo film, it's a genuine VH1 production and totally different

I do not want any google ads here.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apologies, you are all correct.  I went back to watch the Axl one, and it was broadcast on MTV, which definitely means VH-1 had nothing to do with it.

See right through you!!
ParisNair

Posted: 17 Jun 09, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you all for the replies : )

BTW, which documentary do you think is the best? And is there any new one which covers the Q+PR era too?