Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Complete list of all downloads

forum rss feed
Author

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had this idea of programming a new feature for the visitors of my website but then I realized I could in the same time also provide help to the QueenZone community. Info about recordings should be very closely connected to other information about concerts. Some people come here to download and want to know WHAT they're downloading while others come to my site to find out something about their favourite concert and they'd love to know if it's available for download. So I have created (with Richard's permission - or at least he didn't protest, lol :-) a list of all downloads which are available on QueenZone (actually mostly it's QueenZone, in some cases it may also be a direct link to mediafire, rapidshare or youtube). It's available here:

http://www.queenconcerts.com/collection/downloads.html

Info about each download is also available in the detail of each concert - see an example here:

http://www.queenconcerts.com/detail/live/700/queen-live-09-08-1986-knebworth-park-stevenage-uk.html

- The list includes everything - audio and video, Queen, solo recordings and QPR, even some TV and guest appearances. It will be kept updated, hopefully with help of ruth.olivier who kindly offered his helping hand :-)
- I tried to test all links on file-sharing servers and avoided the dead ones. Obviously that is not possible for torrents - PLEASE keep them alive as long as you can. One day the others will do the same for you.
- The main source is mediafire or rapidshare with FLAC (where possible), then torrent with FLAC and only in the worst case I kept a link to MP3 files - it's still better than nothing at all. But I have accepted the rules of QueenZone and I definitely don't link to MP3 files where a lossless source is available.
- I didn't include links to clearly worse versions (high generation tapes etc.) but I did include links to alternative high-quality sources where available.
- It's very likely I didn't find all the links (although I tried really hard!). The search function doesn't work very well and the mighty uncle Google is not almighty :-) Please feel free to submit unlisted links via the form on my website.

Special thanks go to all people who upload or keep the torrents alive (mainly Ginger01, YourValentine, ruth.olivier, bokkepot and others), to people who remaster and compile recordings from more sources (pittrek, Sir_GH), to Richard whose idea to create a sharing forum was very smart, to Alex Solan whose artwork is unbeatable but above all to the TAPERS - without them we'd have nothing!

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Un-f**king-believable!!!

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bugger me.that must have taken ages...fantastic.

Ginger01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2611 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a fantastic initiative!!! Thanks for all your efforts :))

rschoorl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 127 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazing resource.  Thanks for all the work.  If life is all about finding the easy way to do things, you guys are making it easier and easier to have total access.  FANTASTIC!!!

rschoorl
bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really a great initiativ !!
I can stop with posting complete years it looks like :)

Thank you very much for creating this for us all !

This new feature is in good hands.
Hopefully we can keep things alive (or when not available we can share it again or seed again)

greetings

Bokkepoot

bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many thanks for all the work done on www.queenconcerts.com dear Martin !

Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.

wanna trade ?
TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow... just wow! Thanks!

FaBu user not visiting Queenzone.com
FaBu
Bohemian: 444 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bokkepoot wrote:

Really a great initiativ !!
I can stop with posting complete years it looks like :)

Thank you very much for creating this for us all !

This new feature is in good hands.
Hopefully we can keep things alive (or when not available we can share it again or seed again)

greetings

Bokkepoot

I really hope you don't stop sharing the shows from 1979 that has never been shared on QZ before. I've been looking forward to that, because I think that's a year with most "Holes" Thanks in advance ! !

"The reason we´re successful darling? My overall charisma, of cause!" ¨Freddie Mercury¨
FaBu user not visiting Queenzone.com
FaBu
Bohemian: 444 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tusen takk! Thank you very much! This is fantastic,and saves us all for a lot of searching [img=/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif][/img]

"The reason we´re successful darling? My overall charisma, of cause!" ¨Freddie Mercury¨
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent work, Martin.  Your logic in picking out which ones to link to is right on the money.

Good luck keeping it updated.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow... Impressive!
Great job Martin. Really great...!

Also, I like the way the concerts are devided now: 70's 80's Q+PR etc...
I always liked your site, but now I like it even more...!

Keep up the good work!

Kind regards,
Dennis

onedunpark user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 270 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A fabulous addition to Queen on the internet and a formidable tribute to your ingenuity and patience.

Thanks

Steven

riccardo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 252 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 09, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much Mr Scully. The new queenzoners will have life more easy :-)

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 09, 01:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well done Martin, Brilliant Idea :-)

Joyful the sound
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 09, 02:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great job, as usual, Martin :-) And very cool from Richard (as usual) to let you put all these links.

Btw, the link in your signature is not clickable unless you post the complete url.

I do not want any google ads here.

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 09, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bokkepot - I have noticed your torrents with each whole year; I will probably include them on the website in some form too, I just haven't found out how :-)
I also forgot to say thanks to ruth.olivier for submitting the QPR downloads!
Ducksoup - I had to divide some sections (for example tickets or live recordings) because the table was too large and slow :-) The downloads are at the moment divided only into years but it's very likely I will come with some kind of search function soon.

Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 09, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

I also forgot to say thanks to ruth.olivier for submitting the QPR downloads!

No, you haven't forgotten !! You man did the best job ever on it, and I must say that I would be curious to know what you drink on breakfast to work that fast, you completed most of the links while I only had time to deal with QPR and Brian May links (and I had my indexes here on Queenzone to help me start with)... What kind of orange juices do you have in Czech Republic ???? Bloody impressive ! Keep up the good work !! You really deserve all the nice comments here !

Your website gets more and more complete everyday, gallery of the concert halls, concert memorabilia (tickets, posters, T-shirts)...
Now, what would be next feature on queenconcerts.com ? A gallery of stage dress used for each show ? ;o) A list of names of every people in attendance ? ;o)

Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.

wanna trade ?
Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 09, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fantastic job, Mr. Scully!I have developed a very similar database for a different artist – in fact it's still in development (as you might have guessed) – and I know how much work there's in your site. Picking out all the working links and organizing them in the database is a time-consuming job. Hats off!

... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...