Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Listening to Freddie Mercury ??WTF

forum rss feed
Author

i-Fred user not visiting Queenzone.com
i-Fred
Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jun 09, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What the hell does that song have to do with Freddie???????

Only thing I can think of is that the song has so many changes that it's like a Freddie song and Queens work to which you cant pigeonhole them.

That's all I can think of. The Band, Emry, I think thats how they spell it, have not cited Queen or Freddie in any way. Its only the title of that song...

Any one know of anything on this?

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 09, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don´t even know what you´re talkin about

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
i-Fred

Posted: 18 Jun 09, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken wrote:

I don´t even know what you´re talkin about

Check it out on Youtube.  There is this band called Emry. They have a song titled "Listening To Freddie Mercury".

I have no idea how there is a connection as there is no mention of him, nor any reference. Take for example "No one but you".  Obviously its about Freddie and perhaps a dedication to others who have died before there time.

But this one song, even being titled "Listening to Freddie Mercury" bares nothing to Fred at all.

The song is structured with many different styles of music.  Much like a ANATO.

I looked on the net for the song and details about it, but.... zilch. I can not find a relation between Freddie and the purpose of calling the song "LTFM".

shazamrock user not visiting Queenzone.com
shazamrock

Posted: 19 Jun 09, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I may be going out on a limb here, but could it be possible that whoever wrote the song was listening to Freddie Mercury when he/she wrote (or was inspired to write) the song?

Check out the lyrics.  Seems like they could be connected to Freddie (and especially his relationship with the public/media) without too much interpretive magic. 

i-Fred

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well that did cross my mind as well....
but I still cant get no solid info on it

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not a bad idea really.  I was one of several people to get a platinum record by naming a song "Paris Hilton sex tape".

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 09, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Examples of song titles not mentioned in the song, or titles of songs that seem to make no sense whatsoever in relation to the song:

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Green Day - Basket Case
My Chemical Romance - You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
The Mountain Goats - No Children
Emery - Listening To Freddie Mercury

Feel free to let me know if there are more, but these are the only ones that currently come to mind. Just because the song isn't specifically saying anything about Freddie doesn't mean that it couldn't possibly be influenced by him, as someone else suggested.

My point is, if Queen can perform a song called Bohemian Rhapsody where the words "bohemian" and "rhapsody" are not sung or even spoken and it's arguably one of the best songs in their entire catalog, why should Emery's track be looked down upon just because you didn't get to hear what you were expecting? That may come off as me sounding hostile or angry, but that isn't my intention. I'm just genuinely curious :-)

bobo the chimp

Posted: 02 Sep 09, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, Bohemian Rhapsody is different.  The title is never spoken in the song but the title describes what the song is.  It serves some purpose.

I can't really speak as to the name of this other song people are harping on about because I haven't heard it and I don't care, but I do get irked when people say BR's name makes no sense or has no relation to the song.  Totally untrue.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 09, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bottom line.  Some band nobody's heard of wrote a song nobody's heard about whatever.  

Let's discuss!

LoosingMyBeat user not visiting Queenzone.com
LoosingMyBeat
Bohemian: 127 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 09, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddies Lunch Box wrote:

"The song is structured with many different styles of music.  Much like a ANATO."

That is really the only connection I can imagine there is, maybe they listened to Queen and got inspired to write a song layered with a lot of different music styles...
Well, I think the song sucks anyway so why bother? >:D

You say you will if you could but you can't
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 09, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What does Life Is Real (Song for Lennon) has to do with Lennon? He's mentioned in the song, out of the blue.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Soapy Gonad user not visiting Queenzone.com
Soapy Gonad
Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 09, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Everybody!
Queen aren't very good, but that doesn't stop me listening to Hot Space on my cassette player lots of times a day.
I am researching a book I am going to write about Queen. Seeing as you guys are experts, i would liek to run Chapter One passed you.

Chapter One:

Queen were a French band in the nineties that formed when lead singer Fred Mercuries attended a Holocaust Deniers convention with his friend Brian Mays. It was there that they spotted an unimportant man called John Deacons who put the life and soul into any religious atrocity.
Queen were properly formed when Rogert Taylors got his drums out (took his clothes off) and this impressed Fred Mercuries.

There first and last album was Hot Space and is universally regarded as one of the worst albums ever recorded.

Cheers guys, let me know what you think.

SG
x

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1113 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 09, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken wrote:

What does Life Is Real (Song for Lennon) has to do with Lennon? He's mentioned in the song, out of the blue.

This whole song is very much like one of John Lennons, to the point of copying parts. a very nice tribute.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10014 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 09, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Soapy Gonad wrote:

Hi Everybody!
Queen aren't very good, but that doesn't stop me listening to Hot Space on my cassette player lots of times a day.
I am researching a book I am going to write about Queen. Seeing as you guys are experts, i would liek to run Chapter One passed you.

Chapter One:

Queen were a French band in the nineties that formed when lead singer Fred Mercuries attended a Holocaust Deniers convention with his friend Brian Mays. It was there that they spotted an unimportant man called John Deacons who put the life and soul into any religious atrocity.
Queen were properly formed when Rogert Taylors got his drums out (took his clothes off) and this impressed Fred Mercuries.

There first and last album was Hot Space and is universally regarded as one of the worst albums ever recorded.

SG
x

You are incredibly boring, you know it, right ?

worm of fluff user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 09, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Soapy Gonad wrote:

Hi Everybody!

Chapter One:

SG
x

You are incredibly boring, you know it, right ?

I think you should be more constructive in your critisism. Your right, it doesnt read quite right which is why it loses itself up your oat hole.

I have made a few slight changes and pasted below (with cud)

Kween were a sailboat band formed in the mouth of Eloton John. They were making albums for aggressive sex since the turn of the decade. Fred Merturny was but a butter pack packer when he wrote all of the songs for The Miracle whilst joging to a cod festival, they were instantly rejected by his mind and he was left dribbling into a cup. The rest was history but his best moment was always to be his fried chicken gag...everyone laugh uncomfortably until he finally left to attend cupping class.

What do you think?

Worm Of FLUFF

Were having a queen night
Soapy Gonad user not visiting Queenzone.com
Soapy Gonad
Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 09, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Worm Of Fluff,

I have taken your criticism on board nd have decided to not write a book about Kweeens. I can think of better things to do like poking my eye out with guttering or turning to my wife with tear stained eyes and telling her i don't love her anymore.

Here is chapters 2:

When Freddie decided he was bored of qween and life, he wrote a song called Mr Bad Guy that I didn't like very much. he then sat on Kenny everett til he got an aid that made his bones brittle.
Meanwhile John deacon had noticed his upper lip had got shinier but at least the smell of his ring wasn't as over powering as it could have been. He phoned his wife, but accidentaly got throught to her fax machine.
Kwean split up the next day, but then that guy from Free pretended to be Friggin Mercury and made a right shitter of it.
Queen fans across Queenzone debated about whether he was any good or not, but all they decided was that their opinions weren't very important.

Queen On Ice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ice Cold
Queen On Ice
Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 09, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am sure there are better ways to wind up us Queen fans SG - or whoever you really are. Your posts have so far been the type of thing that are about as aggravating as finding fluff between your toes.

Seriously, try being more like Jake or Erick Mckay (even though they are the same person) as you will see that they know how to push the buttons. You just look and read like a seriously desperate and VERY lacking attention seeker.You may as well quit while you are ahead. You have had a few replies now, I won't be doing another and I doubt many others will either.

Verdict:

Must Try Harder.

If you're searching out for something,

Don't try do hard.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 07 Sep 09, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can this be the new Queen fan fiction thread?  I'll start.

"Freddie, hurry up - you're using all of the hot water!", Roger said as he watched Brian angling his hairdryer to varying degrees.  There was nothing he could do; he'd still look like a wet dog when he arrived at the airport, especially in this weather.
John and Roger were draped lazily over the couch, not at all worried that in five minutes they were supposed to be dressed and ready for the long flight.  

"Can't wait to get home", Roger coughed as he sipped something from Brian's mini-bar.  He'd be damned if he was going to pay for it though.  They were leafing idly through a travel brochure, John with a finger carefully running through Roger's hair.

"So where are we going next Rog?", John said lovingly.

"I'm not going to sodding Egypt again John, I don't care how interesting you think the pyramids were last time".

Suddenly there was a howl in the bathroom.  "Freddie, are you alright?!!?", Brian wailed as he took off to investigate ; his slippers failed to gain purchase and he stumbled to a halt just outside the door.
---

Ok guys, keep it going.

cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 09, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the time Brian could liberate his face from his hair to see again, there was a vision of Fred, hurling his razor and muttering, "You stupid fukker!" with about 1/3 of his moustache missing. "Bri", he said I was in the shower and I thought of the lyrics to a fantastic song, and I just wanted to finish shaving and then I would write it down, but I was so preoccupied that I shaved off a bloody hunk of my moustache before I noticed what I was doing!"

By this time Brian was back on his feet and peering at Fred's amputated moustache, and Freddie said, "By the way Bri, you smell like a wet poodle!" and Brian said, "That'll be enough poodle jokes from YOU Fred! Damn flea soap! The whole rat's nest had me digging at it, and as I had been hanging out with Roger's dogs, Itchy and Scratchy the other evening, I thought it better to be safe than sorry. You know what happened last time - I had to shave the mess off and wear a wig until it grew back out! You guys were merciless about it!"

"Enough about your bitchy little problems! What am I going to do about my moustache?" asked Freddie.
"Well, try shortening the other side so it matches," said Brian.
"Shit!" said Freddie, "Now I look like that rotter, Hitler, only with an overbite! I guess the whole thing has to go."
Brian, remembering the wig, said, "Why don't you just glue the ends back on?" and Fred gave him a wicked look...............
"Oh, what was the song that you sacrificed your moustache to anyway?" Brian asked.

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 09, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken wrote:

Or Scissor Sisters song Paul McCartney?