Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Announce as torrent : Tokyo 16 February 1981 - The Miracle Game (Tarantura)

forum rss feed
Author

Ginger01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a torrent of the wonderful show Olivier just upped via Rapidshare - http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1187047/the-miracle-game-1981-02-16-tokyo-flac-rapidshare.aspx?page=1

Thanks again for sharing it with us!

Here are his original notes and setlist :

Tarantura created a new bootleg this year, called "The Miracle Game". From a certain Mister Peach master tape. And it is just stunning, the sound is almost perfect, the best for this date, and as Bob says on his website probably the best for 1981....
I first thought, well, this could be a good thing for trades, but due to the kindness of the Queenzoners this year, I could not stand and "once received, once listened, once uploaded", here it is !
So, here is an audience tape of excellent quality, maybe EX- is a correct rating, you guys will say. Bob gives it an "A" on his website.
This is the time of the Flash medley, they haven't played it for long, still it is interesting to hear those songs/sounds live !

Especially for our newcomer Anthony who said he hadn't listened to a lot of Queen audience recordings so far, listen to that one !!! You won't be deceived.... This is also for any other newcomer ! This could be listed among the TOP20 audience recordings, don't you think ?

QUEEN
THE MIRACLE GAME
From The Silvers.

Lineage : THE MIRACLE GAME (silvers) > WAV (EAC) > Flac level 8 (Traders' Little Helper)

Tracklisting :

CD1 :
01. Opening
02. sound for entrance
03. Jailhouse Rock
04. We Will Rock You (fast)
05. Let Me Entertain You
06. Play The Game
07. Mustapha
08. Death On Two Legs
09. Killer Queen
10. I'm In Love With My Car
11. Get Down Make Love
12. Rock It (Prime Jive)
13. Save Me
14. Now I'm Here
15. Interaction with the audience
16. Dragon Attack
17. Now I'm Here (reprise)
18. Love Of My Life

CD2 :
01. Keep Yourself Alive
02. Drums Solo - Timpani solo
03. In The Death Cell
04. Execution Of Flash
05. Guitar Solo
06. Vultan's Theme
07. Battle Theme
08. Flash's Theme
09. The Hero
10. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
11. Bohemian Rhapsody
12. Tie Your Mother Down
13. Another One Bites The Dust
14. Sheer Heart Attack
15. We Will Rock You
16. We Are The Champions
17. God Save The Queen
18. Announcement

Artwork included. Size : 871 MB

As usual, don't convert to lossy formats unless for your own use.  Keep lossless files lossless!

Going forward, if this torrent goes dormant, bump it or PM me.

Good download and enjoy!  :))

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 20096212100138009.torrent 19 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 536 time(s).

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Merci Patricia & Olivier (and a big Domo Arigato for Masahiko if I recall correctly :) )

Anthony - this is really something very recommended :)

PBB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1425 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a lot.
Will download when I get home!

Look out, take care, there's a lot of music out there...
on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed, very recommended!

Astounding recording of a very good performance.

What has always baffled me about this show is the fact that Freddie was saying things in between the lines of Rock it(att the beginning). He switches from his speaking voice to his singing voice so quickly and what he says is so well-timed so that it fits nicely.

on my way up
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fantastic share!
Big thanks to all involved!

D

onedunpark user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 270 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wonderful share, thanks so much.

absento user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thx, but speed isn`t so good >.<

GuitarMay user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ainda vale a pena viver !?
GuitarMay
Bohemian: 991 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much, Ginger !!
Very apreciatted your works in created torrents ! ! ! ! !
for many here, the fastest way to download, is by torrent !!

keep  the great work, thanks ;)

sorry for my bad english...

Keep QUEEN alive, yeah :-)

Viva o CLUBE ATLÉTICO MINEIRO (GALO)

Campeão da Copa Libertadores 2013 da Recopa Sul-Americana 2014 & agora Campeão da Copa do Brasil 2014
Eric Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Eric Taylor
Bohemian: 280 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 09, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank You Very Much Friend !

NOT TRADING at the moment. But waiting for do the right thing.
rschoorl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 127 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much Ginger!!!  It's raining great recordings at Queenzone!!

rschoorl

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1088508,1088701

Check out this thread about 'the Japanese Mike Millard'.

on my way up
Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

Ok, so as indicated :
"Mr. Peach recorded approx. 300 concerts I was just informed! He did not only tape in Tokyo but also in Kyushuu, Nagoya and Osaka his friend from Tarantura told me. I have MSG in Nagoya and Clapton in Kita-Kyushuu for example".

It is also said that he was already recording shows in 1974 (the oldest listed), nothing listed after 1981.

That still makes a long list of possible shows recorded by Mr Peach... Dear Mr Tarantura-who-you-are, please take notice that the Queen community is showing a lot of consideration to what you could issue. You can start pressing !

Many thanks for the link, I was myself thinking that I had some homework to do this evening about that Mr Peach. Thanks to you this will be much more easier !

Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.

wanna trade ?
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ruth.olivier wrote:

on my way up wrote:

Ok, so as indicated :
"Mr. Peach recorded approx. 300 concerts I was just informed! He did not only tape in Tokyo but also in Kyushuu, Nagoya and Osaka his friend from Tarantura told me.

The holy grail of all holy grails.. ?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

ruth.olivier wrote:

on my way up wrote:

Ok, so as indicated :
"Mr. Peach recorded approx. 300 concerts I was just informed! He did not only tape in Tokyo but also in Kyushuu, Nagoya and Osaka his friend from Tarantura told me.

The holy grail of all holy grails.. ?

Very much so!

His Queen Tokyo 1975 tape is one of the most treasured in my collection. Every time I listen to it I get goosebumps. Both recording and performance are astounding.

This 1981show is certainly not the best 1981 performance(of course, the standard was very high that year) but it's still a great one and to have it in this quality is of course incredible.

If he also recorded Queen in 1976 and 1979(let's hope he did!), then  this means we have 4 new fantastic tapes. Nothing short of sensational!

on my way up
Rami user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 918 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much!!!!

bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ginger,

Thank you very much for sharing this one !

Keep up the good work !!!

greetings

Bokkepoot

Robbieboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 09, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks very much to Olivier for uploading this, and Ginger01 for uploading as torrent!

Wow, just when I was becoming a little blase about Queen and thinking I have every show worth having- a gem like this comes along! I've been a Queen fan for more than 30 years, and did not even realise the band very briefly incorporated a 'Flash Medley' into their set (or if I did know, I had forgotten!)

I wonder if anyone has some thoughts to offer regarding the track listing given in the artwork- specifically, Disc 2 tracks 3 and 4, which are listed as 'In The Death Cell' and 'Execution Of Flash'.

Listening to track 3, I guess some kind of similarity to the track on Flash Gordon can be discerned. Track 4 in my view bears no real resemblance to 'Execution Of Flash'. In Greg Brook's excellent 'Queen Live' book, both tracks are given the generic description 'Instrumental Inferno'.

And without wanting to be a party-pooper, according to the above-mentioned book Fat Bottomed Girls was performed after Now I'm Here (Reprise). So, is this recording missing a song or is the listing in the book incorrect? Would be interested to hear some thoughts...  

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 09, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Robbieboy wrote:

I wonder if anyone has some thoughts to offer regarding the track listing given in the artwork- specifically, Disc 2 tracks 3 and 4, which are listed as 'In The Death Cell' and 'Execution Of Flash'.

Listening to track 3, I guess some kind of similarity to the track on Flash Gordon can be discerned. Track 4 in my view bears no real resemblance to 'Execution Of Flash'.

You're exactly right.  Good catch.

In Greg Brook's excellent 'Queen Live' book, both tracks are given the generic description 'Instrumental Inferno'.

And without wanting to be a party-pooper, according to the above-mentioned book Fat Bottomed Girls was performed after Now I'm Here (Reprise). So, is this recording missing a song or is the listing in the book incorrect? Would be interested to hear some thoughts...

The book is wrong, and the recording is right.  A recording simply can't lie, especially when there are numerous sources for the show.  Fat Bottomed Girls was dropped for the Feb 13-18 shows in favour of Need Your Loving Tonight on the 13th and Rock It on the final three nights.

While Greg's first book was impressive (even with all the errors), as it was written in the mid-90s before the internet made research easier, there is no excuse for the hundreds of errors in his recently revised version.  It is generally accepted by most serious Queen fans that his latest book is not a bulletproof reference for Queen concert information.  Nearly half of the setlists are wrong, mostly ones from the 70s, as he would simply copy and paste setlists that were wrong to begin with, just to fill in otherwise empty space.  I could write an essay on the subject, but instead I've got a website of my own to clarify such things.

Between www.queenconcerts.com and www.queenlive.ca, you'll find pretty much everything you need to know on the subject.

Welcome to the forum!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 09, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ruth.olivier wrote:

on my way up wrote:

Ok, so as indicated :
"Mr. Peach recorded approx. 300 concerts I was just informed! He did not only tape in Tokyo but also in Kyushuu, Nagoya and Osaka his friend from Tarantura told me. I have MSG in Nagoya and Clapton in Kita-Kyushuu for example".

It is also said that he was already recording shows in 1974 (the oldest listed), nothing listed after 1981.

That still makes a long list of possible shows recorded by Mr Peach... Dear Mr Tarantura-who-you-are, please take notice that the Queen community is showing a lot of consideration to what you could issue. You can start pressing !

Many thanks for the link, I was myself thinking that I had some homework to do this evening about that Mr Peach. Thanks to you this will be much more easier !

Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.

That's really interesting. But did you notice that according to that website Young Nobles Of Rock is NOT a Mr. Peach recording ?

Posted: 25 Jun 09, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

ruth.olivier wrote:

on my way up wrote:

Ok, so as indicated :

Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.

That's really interesting. But did you notice that according to that website Young Nobles Of Rock is NOT a Mr. Peach recording ?

Yeah, I've noticed it too!

on my way up