Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Back to the light

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

best album of all time. better than any queen album. I'm scared is the best piece of music ever.
rolling over is better than the prophet song.  nothin but blue is better than Bo Rhap. Death on two legs has nothing on love token, lol.  the who is no match for back to the light either, or the beatles for that matter. the album is so ground breaking that all rockers cover these legendary songs. All hail back to the light!...greatest album of all time.



prescott2811 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know Back to the light is a great album cos ive got it myself....
Buh I wouldnt say its better than any other QUEEN album..

I spose its a matter of opioion




Paul Prescott
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snigger.....


Benn
queenfanbg user not visiting Queenzone.com
queenfanbg
Bohemian: 305 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Benn wrote:

Snigger.....










"Queen are: Freddie Mercury,Roger Taylor, John Deacon and Brian May"
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is 'lol' still allowed over here?

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



I like the album but I think some of the production sounds a bit dated now, a bit like Innuendo (IMO).



I know Sebastian - one of the resident music experts- likes it better than every single Queen album :).

I wouldn't go as far as saying that but there are some really good songs in there. The Dark, Driven by You, TMLWKY and Nothing but blue are my favorites. Let your heart rule your heart is great fun as well!



princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry, guys... but "nothin' but blue" better then BoRhap ?ehm...
for what ever "better means"... but... NBB is quite a nice song. indeed. but no way near as relevant to music history as BoRhap was.sure. i like BTTL for having a nice mixture of catchy songs...but comparing it to queen albums (aswell to beatles and any other band) leaks a little bit, because bri hired some session musicians to complete his ideas...there songs are quite nice, yes, but as a matter of fact it is not even close to be as tight as "Night at the opera" or "queen II". it's just a bunch of good songs gathered over what ? a decade ? (..)
I'm scared btw. is one (if not THE) weakest songs on the disc... musically it's a disgrace although justin's mix is quite nice. did you listen to the original version ?
as much as i like BTTL, there's no base in comparing it to any band-effort. these are different cups of tea.

oh me, oh my, i wonder what some guys' days are made of...greetz.



prince[tOM]
Claudio_CQI user not visiting Queenzone.com
Oh yes, we'll keep on tryin'..
Claudio_CQI
Bohemian: 118 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

let me imagine....

sarcastic ???

nmkosak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He can't be serious. Noooo way. I think he just wanted to start a discussion [img=/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif][/img]

The Royalist user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Royalist
Champion: 58 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



You're all nutters. The lot of you.

silver_salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com
silver_salmon
Bohemian: 342 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We can convert this thread in a serious discuss:

Is Back to The Light one of the best solo albums?


I Think Yes!, but never better like a Queen album, even Hot Space.


doxonrox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 09, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Obviously a sarcastic response to another thread, but...

What if Freddie had been the lead singer? I think it stands up with the best of Queen's work since ADATR if that was the case.


Vicmbj user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 09, 00:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



silver_salmon wrote:

We can convert this thread in a serious discuss:

Is Back to The Light one of the best solo albums?


I Think Yes!, but never better like a Queen album, even Hot Space.





Agreed, hot space is much better.



mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 09, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







doxonrox wrote:



Obviously a sarcastic response to another thread, but...

What if Freddie had been the lead singer? I think it stands up with the best of Queen's work since ADATR if that was the case.



you think so?...I don't..... freddie wasn't the singer, and what we're left with is a singer that sounds like a dying cat.  Meow.  I also like hot space better.  Just because an album has loud ripping guitars and drums doesn't make it a better album, lol. If that's the case then dream theater is a better band than the beatles.  It doesn't work like that, it's about songs, and not how fast you could play aguitar solo.





doxonrox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 09, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



mike hunt wrote:















doxonrox wrote:







Obviously a sarcastic response to another thread, but...

What if Freddie had been the lead singer? I think it stands up with the best of Queen's work since ADATR if that was the case.







you think so?...I don't..... freddie wasn't the singer, and what we're left with is a singer that sounds like a dying cat.  Meow.  I also like hot space better.  Just because an album has loud ripping guitars and drums doesn't make it a better album, lol. If that's the case then dream theater is a better band than the beatles.  It doesn't work like that, it's about songs, and not how fast you could play aguitar solo.




Ha! Meow is a little strong, but sure - he isn't Freddie. Like I said - what if?

The songs are there - are you saying the songs on The Miracle or AKOM are that much better? It's a good solo album. Add the great singer, the great BAND Queen instead of the individual great musicians, and you have something much better and maybe even special. The songs are there.

Brian did good. But Queen would have those songs something else. IMHO...






mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



doxonrox wrote:



 



mike hunt wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



doxonrox wrote:



 



 



 



Obviously a sarcastic response to another thread, but...

What if Freddie had been the lead singer? I think it stands up with the best of Queen's work since ADATR if that was the case.



 



 



 



you think so?...I don't..... freddie wasn't the singer, and what we're left with is a singer that sounds like a dying cat.  Meow.  I also like hot space better.  Just because an album has loud ripping guitars and drums doesn't make it a better album, lol. If that's the case then dream theater is a better band than the beatles.  It doesn't work like that, it's about songs, and not how fast you could play aguitar solo.




Ha! Meow is a little strong, but sure - he isn't Freddie. Like I said - what if?

The songs are there - are you saying the songs on The Miracle or AKOM are that much better? It's a good solo album. Add the great singer, the great BAND Queen instead of the individual great musicians, and you have something much better and maybe even special. The songs are there.

Brian did good. But Queen would have those songs something else. IMHO...








I don't care for what if's,  if back to the light had a better singer?.....if Mr. Bad guy had better musicians?....it doesn't matter. What is is. how great would a kind of magic be if it had more freddie songs?....you could go on and on with that.