forum rss feed
Author

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 09, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In a 1989 Fan Club magazine, Brian and Roger said they were waiting for Freddie to get off his ass and tour.  No further details have come forth on that either.

I think it's safe to say that from 1989-present, Brian and Roger are planning on touring next year.  No further details have come forth yet.

Pandy Legend user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pandy Legend
Champion: 79 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder what the format will be. Paul has effectively said he won't be touring with them again, so will be interesting.

Cue silly rumours about George Michael and Robbie Williams. Maybe now we can throw Katy Perry into the mix too.

;-P
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think paul ever said he will never tour with them again, you people love to make shit up!....they said that they needed a break from each other. Who cares anyway?...they would be better off singing the next album themselves and bringing a guest vocalist to sing on tour....I don't like all the Queen + crap anyway.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 02:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

I don't think paul ever said he will never tour with them again,

Well I wish he would already, I'm trying to decide whether or not I'd pay to see them.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
eloupi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok great news........
and if the solution will be Roger and Brian only
no additional  singer......
must be great
smallest venue
back to the roots
Brian and Roger sang Queen songs during their solo tour   no?
They can tour for  real fan and no greatest hits tour as always!!!
Remenber the solo tour wasn't a big succes always play in mid venue in Europe i don't remenber sold out  venue.....
We can drean it cost nothing............
all the best

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 04:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But the problem is / was that Brian and Roger relied too heavily on the Queen catalogue to bolster their shows.  Admittedly, it would be incredibly tough for them to go out and COMPLETELY ignore Queen material, but they have both (Roger in particular) have the material and musical background to be able to delve more deeply into their own solo catalogues to give the audience a bit of something different.

Neither Brian or Roger are strong enough front men to be able to maintain contact for two hours - their solo shows were necessarily short because of this and going out together would give 90 minute shows featuring the same old Queen classics for upwards of £50-£60 per ticket - absolutely no worth.

Benn
TheCosmosRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com
TheCosmosRocks
Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen to tour 2010??!! OMG! I hope with Paul Rodgers!

''We believe, there's a deed of obligation, to bring reconciliation, to make peace with every nation....''
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4258 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:

Neither Brian or Roger are strong enough front men to be able to maintain contact for two hours - their solo shows were necessarily short because of this

I seem to recall Brian's Another World tour gigs lasting around 2 hours each. Not 'short' by any means. Roger's shows were generally a lot shorter - the Electric Fire gigs running at around 85-90 minutes I believe.

17Procession user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 09, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should just take Bowie out of whatever hospital hes in right now and they can make more than one awesome song to tour with.

Manul Garcia
cjvaldes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 09, 00:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hopefully Queen+Paul Rodgers in 2010 !!!!!

Regards,

CJVM

jester77 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 09, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ya know I really wish all you guys would get their backs about all this.  They are the Gods of music...I dont care what ANYBODY says.     They have earned EVERY God damned right to do WHATEVER they want.  Freddie even admitted that his favorite singer (aside from Aretha Franklin) was none other than Paul Rodgers.  And coming from an die hard Queen fan, I know obviously nobody will EVER replace Freddie and Paul knows that. That was never what Paul wanted to doFreddie would have wanted it that way.  And theres nobody better !

Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 09, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen + David Bowie feat. David Gilmour. Think about that Comfortably Numb, yes. With reference to Zebonka12, I set my mastrubation to frantic.

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 09, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, by the way. Why isn´t Larry Mullen JR in the U2 ad above? Does he not produce as much cool as Bono, Edge or Clayton?

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 09, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

eloupi wrote:

ok great news........
and if the solution will be Roger and Brian only
no additional  singer......
They can tour for  real fan and no greatest hits

Actually, I think you're right.  Now they would just have to find out which city that
real fan lives in so they sell the one ticket, cause no one else would show up.

the dude 1366 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 09, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger are 2 of the most important people in the history of music. They've damn well earned the right to do WHATEVER they want. Just because a few of you on here feel the need to ejaculate your recycled criticisms all over this website makes me think one simple thought. Don't go! Let the rest of us enjoy it. It sure takes a real genius to remind us that Freddie is not alive and cannot be replaced. Thanks for poiting that out to us

Connor MacLeod user not visiting Queenzone.com
Connor MacLeod
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 09, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everybody.  I'd like to see a Queen+ Mika tour. I think mika can be the right choise, because he's voice is very special too, and they song,  has a Queen ifluence too...   And Mika's said idol is Freddie.

Sok what do you think?  On the Cosmos Rocks tour, the set list is almost the same , like the Return Of the champions set list. It' seems to me, like there was the Greatest Hits tour :-)

Roger+Brian and John + Mika...  
Please, see some mika footage live on the youtube.....
The feeling like a Queen concert from the '70s years.

I heard a comment on a radio show, in my country. (Hungary)
"Mika is the hidden son of Freddie Mercury. I think his voice is almost like Freddie's had." and he played Mika's song, it's called "Grace Kelly"

Good bye and keep Queening.

Virágom, virágom!

Connor MacLeod
goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 09, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No offense, but IMHO Mika is not Freddie Mercury; Mika is Leo Sayer.

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Farrokh Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Farrokh Mercury
Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 09, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it'd be bloody nice to see a tour with both of their solo material.That would make it something rather unique, and worth forking out a bit of cash for.Bu..In saying that, if they ever did come to New Zealand, even if it was just with a live version of greatest hits, then I'm afraid that I must admit, I would go...Because how long is it going to be until AOBTD? How many more opportunities are we really going to have...?

Shooting stars never stop, even when they reach the top.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Serry...wrote:[/QUOTENAME]I was more curious about - which font Freddie used for his thoughts? Arial? Verdana? Or Wingdings'
Angeline user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 344 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 09, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Connor MacLeod wrote:

Hello everybody.  I'd like to see a Queen+ Mika tour. I think mika can be the right choise, because he's voice is very special too, and they song,  has a Queen ifluence too...   And Mika's said idol is Freddie.

Sok what do you think?  On the Cosmos Rocks tour, the set list is almost the same , like the Return Of the champions set list. It' seems to me, like there was the Greatest Hits tour :-)

Roger+Brian and John + Mika...  
Please, see some mika footage live on the youtube.....
The feeling like a Queen concert from the '70s years.

I heard a comment on a radio show, in my country. (Hungary)
"Mika is the hidden son of Freddie Mercury. I think his voice is almost like Freddie's had." and he played Mika's song, it's called "Grace Kelly"

Good bye and keep Queening.

Virágom, virágom!

Have you seen Mika live though?  I did at Glastonbury in 2007 and I don't think he could pull it off - as a recording artist his voice is amazing but the live singing was much thinner with a lot of cracks/

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 09, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've seen Mika live.  He's an incredible talent, but he does pop music...I can't see him fronting a rock band.  And again I think he reminds me more of Leo Sayer (who was technically gifted, though he got famous for IMHO mediocre pop songs) than Freddie Mercury.  And Mika has his own career going right now anyway, it would be a step back for him.

Wouldn't Adam Lambert be the front runner right now?

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull