Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen quotes

forum rss feed
Author

dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jun 09, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was reading some Queen interviews. And something what Brian said made laugh like mad. It was 1985 Capitol Radio- Brian was a guest DJ.
And here it is: "It's terrible this disc jockey business. They don't have toilets in here, you have to rush out along the corridor. I just bumped into Roger Scott who said it's terrible and they used to put on Bohemian Rhapsody in the old days so they could go for a long leak". I even couldn't imagine such way of using Bohemian Rhapsody!

And Roger, talking about solo experience: "You think, yeah, I was really grooving to that song, throwing a few shapes around. And it turns out you were only tapping your foot!"

So does enybody else wants to add some more funny quotes?

Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 09, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie :- "I'm just a musical prostitute my dear".That always makes me laugh

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
ILoveQueen20 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ILoveQueen20
Bohemian: 249 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 09, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In an Interveiw-

F.M- "Well I love My Job But I don't Lik talking to people like you......You'll probally get the best interveiw Darling!"

I Love hwo he calls everyone "Darling" :D

Queen Forever!
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 09, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kenny: And now here’s Freddie with the weather!

Freddie: Oh God! He’s just put it in my lap, I can’t believe it! Weather for the Capitol area: it’s dry with long sunny periods, clean spells this evening, cold…

Kenny: CLEAR spells.

Freddie: Oh, [laughs] It’s you’re writing! Clear spells – yes that’s right. Clear spells this evening, cold high feel four centigrade…

Kenny: Oh forget it!

Freddie: Winds light, force two or three… well this is the way you’ve written it. It’s in code, my god! [laughs] Two or three mostly west to northwest, becoming south to south west later. [more laughs in studio].

Kenny: Are you done?

Freddie: I’m sure everybody got that.

Kenny: Yeah, I’m sure…

Freddie: That does it, you wait ‘till you come to the studio next time!

Kenny: Get your calculators out and work out the weather.

cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 04 Jul 09, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie: "This shitty guitar only knows three chords!"

Brian: "I'm into paradoxes. I wanted to make an album about them, but the group told me I was a prententious fart. They were right."

Roger: "This tour will be bigger than bigness itself. It will make Ben Hur look like the Muppets."

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
4 x Vision user not visiting Queenzone.com
4 x Vision
Bohemian: 508 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 09, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John : "."

The Royalist user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Royalist
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 09, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's famous quote about a Bedlam inmate.

"Richard Dadd killed his dad."

ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 854 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 09, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOL everytime I watch the "Musical Prostitute" interview where he says "I don't wake up every morning thinking "which...who am i going to work with today....""

ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 854 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 09, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And Roger, talking about solo experience: "You think, yeah, I was really grooving to that song, throwing a few shapes around. And it turns out you were only tapping your foot!"

That's hilarious, when someone admits to something like that.

Posted: 10 Jul 09, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, here is some more
Roger: "I'd like to burn down Radio 1 actually. I just can't listen to it. It's f***ing disgusting.... and people like Jonathan King should have been strangled at birth. In fact judging by the state of his head, I think he probably was!"
Freddie: "Rod (Stewart), Elton (John) and I were going to form a band called Hair, Nose and Teeth after the three of us..... But it hasn't happend because none of our egoes can agree on the order of the words! Naturally I want it to be called Teeth, Nose and Hair".
Freddie about their rows: "We row about everything, even the air we breath. We're the bichiest band on earth, darling. We're at each other's throats. One night Roger was in a foul mood and he threw his entire bloody drumset across the stage. The thing only just missed me- I might have been killed.... Once, Roger squirted Brian in the face with hairspray in a tiny, staming dressing room. They nearly came to blows"

catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 09, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dragon-fly wrote:

Freddie: "Rod (Stewart), Elton (John) and I were going to form a band called Hair, Nose and Teeth after the three of us..... But it hasn't happend because none of our egoes can agree on the order of the words! Naturally I want it to be called Teeth, Nose and Hair".

He didn't really say that, did he?  It's brilliant!  :)

catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 09, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I used to have pages of Queen quotes saved on the laptop,before it crashed and everything was lost.
But one John quote that i love is (about retirement)  "I'll probably make loads of plans and then sit around on my bottom all day doing nothing."
Somewhere i have some of them printed out, i should try to find them.

Posted: 10 Jul 09, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes he said it. It was in 1985.
I never collected the quotes. But I started to read their interviews, first of all out of curiosity and also for improving my English (it really helps in some way). Funny way of studying, ha? 
And I definetly like this one:
A journanalist from Italy suddenly pipes up with last question: "A-what-a-you-a a-gonna do-a in-a 20years time?" "What am I going to do in 20 years time!" squeals Fred shrieking in mirth. " I'll be dead, darling! Are you mad?"

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4792 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 09, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie once said something like: "Why incorporate an orchestra, while Brian gets an orchestra out of his guitar?"

Sorry, this is more a paraphrase rather than the actual and correct quote. I love it, though. Freddie was so right!

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 09, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Milk and four sugars please" Freddie on being asked how he took his tea during the recording of Innuendo in 1990.

"Is it just me or is there a draught in here?" Brian after being shown into a dressing room during the Works Tour in 1984.

" I've already tried turning it off and on." Roger calling an IT helpline in 2006.

" I don't know, I haven't seen it yet." John on being asked what he thought of 'Shindler's List' in 1994.

fatty.