Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen: The Unseen Archive photo exhibition

forum rss feed
Author

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jul 09, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Richard....

http://www.queenzone.com/files/blogs/094605139926116QueenPressRelease.pdf

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
ILoveQueen20 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ILoveQueen20
Bohemian: 249 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 09, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for The Info :) I'm gonna try and defo go to that woo!!!

Queen Forever!
Elaine C. Crossland user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 09, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I  will be so lucky to be in London in August! I have already been in touch with Janine Limb at the Proud Central Galleries.She was extremely nice. Invited me to the launch. Unfortunately, I don't arrive until after the launch,however, since 'you can't always get what you want', I will very definitely take what I can get.Maybe I'll meet Peter Hince.
I'm very excited and looking forward to this exhibit. I've already pulled up the satelite map and located The Proud Central Gallery. I'm relatively familiar with London. I was last there 10 months ago. Once I found John Adam St., I got my bearings. I'll be in that area anyway.I'm also taking my 87 yr old mother with me. I have to do a DVD introduction of Queen to her. This should be good! I'm also taking her to see WWRY at the Dominion theatre.I've seen it in Toronto, Canada and the UK several times now.. You're never too young to become a Queen fan, or hopefully, never too old. And if it's too loud she can just take out her hearing aid!

I already am a subscriber. Cannot remember what the heck user name I might have used,bummer! My password is correct though.That is what I have written down. I get my newsletter regularly. Was wanting
Elaine C. Crossland user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 10, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Post visit comments-
It was a good thing I had looked up John Adam St myself on satelite before going. The cab driver hadn't a clue how to get there and I must say it is awkward and out of the way. It was an extremely hot August day and of course the ancient little building had no air conditioning just two feeble fans, one on each level, trying their best rattling along but getting ready to conk from being in overdrive for so long. I almost did a pratfall on the uneven step going in. The receptionist, although a pleasant enough young girl, was obviously not a Queen fan. At least not in any major way. I think I had set the bar of my expectations way too high. There were a few Queen tchotches like coffee mugs and mini statues of Freddie but that was about it in the gift dept. I did purchase a packet of picture post cards-quite nice. I had expected that there would be a coffee table book chock full of Mr. Hinces' photos since that was what this was all about. Instead there was a large stack of the book ,beautifully done mind you of Mick Rock's photos of which I already had a copy. Seemed like a strange thing to do. Promote another photographers work.
Anyway there were a few photos on the main level then you descended a set of narrow curved vertical steps to the floor below. Here there were a few more photos. Nothing remarkable and most of which I'd seen before plus a fill in of other contemporary  artists. I used the loo and left with my overpriced ( 6 photos L10). All in all a disappointment. Too bad,but nothing is ever a complete waste if it's about Queen.

I already am a subscriber. Cannot remember what the heck user name I might have used,bummer! My password is correct though.That is what I have written down. I get my newsletter regularly. Was wanting