Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > 1973-09-13 Golders Green Hippodrome, London, UK - 2009 edition

forum rss feed
Author

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Band : Queen
Venue : Golders Green Hippodrome, London, UK
Date : 13. September 1973

Lineage :
Source 1 : BBC master tape > BBC Transcription disc > ? > Wardour "Pop Spectacular" silver bootleg > WAV > Cool Edit Pro (small hiss reduction) > WAV
Source 2 : BBC master > 7" stereo reel-to-reel master > cassette back-up master > cassette > mini-disc > CD-R > WAV > equalisation > WAV > ? > "Queen Will Be Crowned" (Digital Queen Archives) silver > EAC > WAV > Har-bal > Wavelab > WAV > Cool Edit Pro (speed correction) > WAV
Source 3 :  FM broadcast > MC(x) > WAV > CD(x) > WAV

lineage info taken from an article by John.S.Stuart (Source 2) and cover of Pop Spectacular bootleg (source 1)

Tracklist :
 1. Alan Black introduction (*, one line from ***)
 2. Procession [instrumental tape intro] (*)
 3. Father To Son (*, middle from **)
 4. Son and Daughter (*, speech from **)
 5. See What A Fool I've Been (**)
 6. Ogre Battle (*, speech from **)
 7. Band Introduction (*)
 8. Liar (*, ending from **)
 9. Jailhouse Rock (**)
10. Stupid Cupid (**)
11. Be Bop A Lula (**)
12. Jailhouse Rock (reprise) (**)
13. Big Spender (**)
14. Bama Lama Bama Loo (**)

This is a 3-source merge of this great recording. I have done another merge a couple of years ago, this version is a nice upgrade. I have done some hiss reduction and speed correction, and everywhere where possible crossfades were used instead of hard cuts.

This is the oldest Queen live recording which made it to the bootleg market. Two older recordings are rumoured - Ewell College 1971 and Marquee Club 1972, but it seems that Ewell College doesn't exist (the recording is actually a slowed-down version of the rock'n'roll medley coming from this concert), and the Marquee 72 recording was sold to Queen Productions (but they claim now that the don't have it), which means that this is the oldest Queen show we can get. The performance is incredibble. The sound quality is absolutely excellent, the only problem is that Freddie's vocal is mixed too low, it sounds like the band is standing right before you, but Freddie sings from another room. But still it's very enjoyable.

This show was bootleged many, many times, but never in complete form. The most complete version comes from the "Digital Queen Archives" bootleg called "Queen Will Be Crowned", which misses one line from the introduction, and has a couple of small few seconds cuts. When this recording was shared on QueenZone (http://www.queenzone.com), QZ user "stark" remastered it and shared it again. This remaster was used by me in this project as "source 2". I have found out that this recording runs too fast, so I had to slow it down approx 2%.

My "source 1" comes from the "Wardour" silver bootleg called "Pop Spectacular". This recording has much, much better sound quality then all other recodings, because it comes from a BBC Transcription disc. The bad thing is that it misses a big part of Son And Daughter, some speeches, See What A Fool I've Been and all songs after Liar. It had some minor hiss in the background apparent mainly during the first tracks, so I carefully removed it with Cool Edit Pro.

My "source 3" was a different rebroadcast of this show, I used only one line from the intro from this source.

I have used all 3 sources to create this compilation which is now for the very first time COMPLETE and every track has BEST AVAILABLE SOUND QUALITY. The editing was done in Cool Edit Pro. The final wav file was split to single tracks, which were SBE fixed and encoded to FLAC with Trader's Little Helper. TLH was also used for FLAC fingerprints. I have added an Audiochecker log file.

Enjoy

Lineup :
Freddie Mercury - vocals
Roger Meddows-Taylor - percussion
Deacon John - bass
Brian May - guitar

Download links :

http://www.mediafire.com/?312uv1cendj
http://www.mediafire.com/?nzyzzt043n5
http://www.mediafire.com/?mz2ufn1ryyy

Included is artwork created by Vali



brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cheers Pitters! :)

absento user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you!


daffy_the_duck user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks for sharing Peter, can't wait to hear it!


on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Peter, as always very much appreciated!

Cheers:-)


on my way up
Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Many thanks Peter ;)



Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah - so a multitrack exists for this gig also?! lol The fact that the vocals are so distant confirms it was mixed live. They wouldn't have recorded anything to multitrack as it would just be added cost. The BBC didn't recorded gigs to multitrack - they only have done recently-ish when a commercial release is planned, not for standard radio broadcasts.

TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Peter you're a genius - this is going straight to the top of my listening queue!


pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Negative Creep wrote:

Ah - so a multitrack exists for this gig also?! lol The fact that the vocals are so distant confirms it was mixed live. They wouldn't have recorded anything to multitrack as it would just be added cost. The BBC didn't recorded gigs to multitrack - they only have done recently-ish when a commercial release is planned, not for standard radio broadcasts.

Hard to say. To be honest, the lineage comes from an Queenzone article by John S. Stuart, I hope he's a good source :-)







Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Hi Peter, there´s no way I can download part 1; everytime I click on the download link, the page refreshes time after time and the file doesn´t show up.

I tried with firefox and iexplorer, restarted my computer .... and the error persists. Anybody facing the same problem ?

If somebody could upload it to rapidshare .... :)

thanks !



Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote:



 



Negative Creep wrote:



Ah - so a multitrack exists for this gig also?! lol The fact that the vocals are so distant confirms it was mixed live. They wouldn't have recorded anything to multitrack as it would just be added cost. The BBC didn't recorded gigs to multitrack - they only have done recently-ish when a commercial release is planned, not for standard radio broadcasts.


Hard to say. To be honest, the lineage comes from an Queenzone article by John S. Stuart, I hope he's a good source :-)






It was a live radio broadcast - so, the BBC would see no need for such a lavish setup. It would be great if one did exist, because they could then remix it and get the levels rights. but that isn't possible. So, JSS either has the master tape or a safety copy/duplication of it.







Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Vali wrote:


Hi Peter, there´s no way I can download part 1; everytime I click on the download link, the page refreshes time after time and the file doesn´t show up.

I tried with firefox and iexplorer, restarted my computer .... and the error persists. Anybody facing the same problem ?

If somebody could upload it to rapidshare .... :)

thanks !

Peter stroke again.... Excellent !! Now the ultimate Golders Green !


Hi Vali !!
Don't worry, this kind of error happens very often with mediafire. Probably their servers are saturated or something. Hey, you try to download a Pittrek Productions Special Release, remember ? ;o)
The only thing to do is to wait for 2 or 3 days and try again. Waiting for a torrent could be an option too !!


Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.







wanna trade ?
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Vali wrote:


Hi Peter, there´s no way I can download part 1; everytime I click on the download link, the page refreshes time after time and the file doesn´t show up.

I tried with firefox and iexplorer, restarted my computer .... and the error persists. Anybody facing the same problem ?

If somebody could upload it to rapidshare .... :)

thanks !


Hi Marc, mediafire is f*cked up again, and it used to be such a good upload server :(
Anyway, try this rapidshare link :
http://rapidshare.com/files/257683232/1973-09-13_London_UK_Royalties_at_the_Hippodrome_.part1.rar






pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Negative Creep wrote:







pittrek wrote:











 







Negative Creep wrote:







Ah - so a multitrack exists for this gig also?! lol The fact that the vocals are so distant confirms it was mixed live. They wouldn't have recorded anything to multitrack as it would just be added cost. The BBC didn't recorded gigs to multitrack - they only have done recently-ish when a commercial release is planned, not for standard radio broadcasts.






Hard to say. To be honest, the lineage comes from an Queenzone article by John S. Stuart, I hope he's a good source :-)


It was a live radio broadcast - so, the BBC would see no need for such a lavish setup. It would be great if one did exist, because they could then remix it and get the levels rights. but that isn't possible. So, JSS either has the master tape or a safety copy/duplication of it.


John wrote he owns the BBC master tape and something else, I don't remember what. But you're right, to be as precise as possible I have edited the first post


pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ruth.olivier wrote:







Vali wrote:




Hi Peter, there´s no way I can download part 1; everytime I click on the download link, the page refreshes time after time and the file doesn´t show up.

I tried with firefox and iexplorer, restarted my computer .... and the error persists. Anybody facing the same problem ?

If somebody could upload it to rapidshare .... :)

thanks !


Peter stroke again.... Excellent !! Now the ultimate Golders Green !


Hi Vali !!
Don't worry, this kind of error happens very often with mediafire. Probably their servers are saturated or something. Hey, you try to download a Pittrek Productions Special Release, remember ? ;o)
The only thing to do is to wait for 2 or 3 days and try again. Waiting for a torrent could be an option too !!


Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.



Are all French Belgians so nice ? :-)  Anyway I've uploaded it to rapidshare







Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote:







ruth.olivier wrote:



















Vali wrote:







Hi Peter, there´s no way I can download part 1; everytime I click on the download link, the page refreshes time after time and the file doesn´t show up.

I tried with firefox and iexplorer, restarted my computer .... and the error persists. Anybody facing the same problem ?

If somebody could upload it to rapidshare .... :)

thanks !






Peter stroke again.... Excellent !! Now the ultimate Golders Green !


Hi Vali !!
Don't worry, this kind of error happens very often with mediafire. Probably their servers are saturated or something. Hey, you try to download a Pittrek Productions Special Release, remember ? ;o)
The only thing to do is to wait for 2 or 3 days and try again. Waiting for a torrent could be an option too !!


Regards,

Olivier,
Belgium.



Are all French Belgians so nice ? :-)  Anyway I've uploaded it to rapidshare



hahahahaha !! you know Peter, Olivier is always so charming ;)

many tks for the rapidshare link, downloading rigt now at the highest speed (a premium account is a premium account!)




Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Tim June user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 366 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 09, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much for the upgrade! It is a very interesting show, with great guitar sound.



life could be magic if we break free
mric! user not visiting Queenzone.com
mric!
Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 09, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you !

Farrokh The Great user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 374 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 09, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks A LOT Pittrek !!!!!!

Your energy goes on and on !!!!!

[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img]

goa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 09, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks!!!

I didn't find the audiochecker in the rars, so here it's mine.

auCDtect: CD records authenticity detector, version 0.8.2
Copyright (c) 2004 Oleg Berngardt. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2004 Alexander Djourik. All rights reserved.
Detect mode (0..40 with 0 = most accurate):  0

01 - Introduction.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
02 - Procession.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
03 - Father To Son.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
04 - Son And Daughter.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
05 - See What A Fool I've Been.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
06 - Ogre Battle.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
07 - Band Introduction.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
08 - Liar.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
09 - Jailhouse Rock.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
10 - Stupid Cupid.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
11 - Be Bop A Lula.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
12 - Jailhouse Rock (reprise).wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
13 - Big Spender.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
14 - Bama Lama Bama Loo.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.