Forums > Queen - General Discussion > THIS AUTUMN QUEEN WILL BE RELEASING THEIR ULTIMATE ONE DISC GREATEST HITS A

forum rss feed
Author

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm actually kind of excited about this release.  Yes, the band has released numerous greatest hits -- too many perhaps -- but maybe this will signify the last of them.  And perhaps this will be released in all territories as the definitive, most agreeable hit collection of Queen.  This is as opposed to having the Hollywood Records Greatest Hits and Classic Queen vs the UK Greatest Hits Vol. 1-3.  I hope the packaging isn't horrible.  I have my doubts of it being any better than Cosmos Rocks.

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Reid_Special_98 user is on Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should do a 2-disc combo with this one and 'Live in Ukraine'...

They should call it...

"Why?"

princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah ! a greatest Hits album. we need this !gimme all the hits again and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  and again and again and again  (and again !).
dude, it sucks.

prince[tOM]
nevermore evermore user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Must admit my heart sank when i saw this news. Didn't Brian May say a few years ago that he wished the Greatest Hits albums could be deleted so that people would be encourgaed to discover the albums and what Queen were about with those releases. Instead of celebrating the anniversaries of each album with 2 disc sets which I'm sure would be easy to do we get a single disc Greatest Hits release - completely pointless. But we will try to give it this air of mystery by making a competition to see if you can guess the track listing, hmmm let me guess, nothing new or exciting - do I get a prize for that? Even Duran Duran know how to treat their fans - just look at the upcoming 2 disc release of Rio and the bonus stuff available on there. Still I guess another Greatest Hits collection clears the way for Queen Rocks Volume Two next year or maybe they should do a Queen Ballads collection instead. And finally, will We Will Rock You be the Queen + Five version as that was a number one single? Urgh

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Seduce you with this money-make machine
Cross-collateralize, (big time money, money)
Reduce you to a muzak-fake machine
Then the last goodbye
It's a rip-off"
:-D

prince[tOM]
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2161 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maybe I'm being optimistic, but this sounds like the definitive greatest hits release.
One final chance to sell the same old music again BEFORE the archive boxset appears.
They seem to be headed that way - singles collection, vinyl re-releases, new greatest hits.....

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gee, this is the hardest track ever to guess at. What in the world could possibly follow We Will Rock You?

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
silver_salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com
silver_salmon
Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love this new!!!, it's awesome!!! i will pay 1.005 euros for the special edition with a curler of Brian and the unseen pics from "Retunrs Of The Champions".....sure

Why?...why don't finish "The ultimate greatest bigger singles complete collection" part 3, 4, 5....etc and then The Rip-off!!!

i hate Queen in-Production!!!

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anybody recognize this will be kinda
"BEST OF GREATEST HITS".
:-D

prince[tOM]
Future Manager user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 23:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, the idea of a greatest Greatest Hits album just sucks. But at least do it right:

GH1:
01. Killer Queen
02. Best Friend
03. Bo Rhap
04. Somebody To Love
05. Rock You
06. Champions
07. Don't Stop Me Now
08. Bites The Dust
09. Crazy Little Thing

GH2:
10. Pressure
11. Ga Ga
12. Break Free
13. One Vision
14. Kind of Magic
15. I Want It All
16. Innuendo
17. Show Must Go On

GH3:
18. Days Of Our Lives
19. Heaven For Everyone
20. No-One But You

Too bad this won't happen though. They're not doing things chronologically, and my list has way too few Brian-only credited songs (Roger and John each have more, lol). I don't think my list is that far-fetched though.

You Don't Need Nobody Else
lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Future Manager wrote:

Okay, the idea of a greatest Greatest Hits album just sucks. But at least do it right:

GH1:

01. KQ
02. YMBF
03. BR
04. STL
05. WWRY
06. WATC
07. DSMN
08. AOBTD
09. CLTCL

GH2:

10. UP
11. RGG
12. IWTBF
13. OV
14. AKOM
15. IWIA
16. I
17. TSMGO

GH3:

18. TATDOOL
19. HFE
20. NBY (OTGDY)

Too bad this won't happen though. They're not doing things chronologically, and my list has way too few Brian-only credited songs (Roger and John each have more, lol). I don't think my list is that far-fetched though.

Now I have to figure out each one of these stupid abbreviations :D

Future Manager user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 09, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lalaalalaa wrote:

Now I have to figure out each one of these stupid abbreviations :D

They're not that hard to figure out :P but I've edited them.

You Don't Need Nobody Else
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7598 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is reality beating satire. On Queenzone we have often posted possible names for more compilations of compilations. Now they become reality ...

I do not want any google ads here.

jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 04:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[img=/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif][/img]

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4626 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if they will include C-lebrity............

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11011 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Future Manager wrote:

GH1:
01. Killer Queen
02. Best Friend
03. Bo Rhap
04. Somebody To Love
05. Rock You
06. Champions
07. Don't Stop Me Now
08. Bites The Dust
09. Crazy Little Thing

GH2:
10. Pressure
11. Ga Ga
12. Break Free
13. One Vision
14. Kind of Magic
15. I Want It All
16. Innuendo
17. Show Must Go On

GH3:
18. Days Of Our Lives
19. Heaven For Everyone
20. No-One But You

I don't care about chronology (and if you did, tracks 3 & 4, and 8 & 9 wouldn't be that way round!), but both SSOR & FBG were bigger hits than DSMN.  If you're putting TATDOOL on then BR belongs next to FBG.

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

I don't care about chronology (and if you did, tracks 3 & 4, and 8 & 9 wouldn't be that way round!), but both SSOR & FBG were bigger hits than DSMN.  If you're putting TATDOOL on then BR belongs next to FBG.

Oops...

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 06:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen's top 20 hits (in terms of UK chart position) would

a) not include Don't Stop Me Now or No One But You (or anything else that got lower than 7 in the chart)

b) be 82 and a half minutes long.

Therefore there'll have to be either a little licence taken, or a little editing.  And I can't see it being anything other than both.

Personally I'd have TATDOOL straight out - nobody bought that single to listen to that...

Stick in Seven Seas instead - first hit, sentimental reasons etc.

Out go A Winter's Tale & Breakthru - the general public won't miss them.  Bring in No One But You & Don't Stop Me Now.

80 minutes 40.  Need to lose at least 90 seconds (I've used all single versions so far).

One Vision gets trimmed a lot, use the Classic Queen edit  - 15 seconds saved.
A Kind Of Magic - early fade out - 5 seconds saved
I Want It All - ditto - 5 more
I Want To Break Free - use the album version - 62 seconds saved

Snip a couple more seconds by leaving less gap between tracks. And there you have it - a cash cow!

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 06:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG! I am *SO* excited about this!!!

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fantastic news!!!

Hope it will be released on limited double gatefold 180 gr vinyl too...

[img=/images/smiley/msn/confused_smile.gif][/img]