Forums > Queen - General Discussion > How Often Do You Listen to Queen?

forum rss feed
Author

Soul Brother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 411 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just thought I would ask, bound to have been similar posts in the past here!  Haven't had a Queen track on for several weeks now - my last 5 artistes listened to being The Killers, Lemon Jelly, The Cult, Frank Black and Jane's Addiction - although did give Dream Theatre's cover a listen on Wednesday.

Queen are never far from me though and I reckon I sing (or my version of singing) about twice a day of any random track from the back catalogue!

He's my best friend he's my champion
That Crazy Diamond user not visiting Queenzone.com
That Crazy Diamond
Rocker: 25 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everyday. Around half of the songs on my ipod are from Queen, so it's nearly impossible to go without hearing one! They also play 6-7 Queen songs on the Claasic Rock radio so usually I hear a few there too. And lastly I always listen to Queen at night or when I'm bored. SO it's nearly impossible not to hear anything from Queen everyday.

And like you, sometimes I start singing their songs :P

Queen <3
lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mrs.Fahrenheit wrote:

Everyday. Around half of the songs on my ipod are from Queen, so it's nearly impossible to go without hearing one! They also play 6-7 Queen songs on the Claasic Rock radio so usually I hear a few there too. And lastly I always listen to Queen at night or when I'm bored. SO it's nearly impossible not to hear anything from Queen everyday.

And like you, sometimes I start singing their songs :P

There are also commercials with Queen songs ;)

Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tend to go through "Queen-periods". Sometimes, I listen to them everyday in some form. Sometimes, it might take a couple of weeks. Now, a few times a week. Yesterday I listened to ADATR and Cosmos but today; none. I think about Freddie everyday though. I check this place and Brians soapbox out maybe once a day so "Queen", whatever that is, is always near.

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's pretty much Queen or nothing every day, as nothing else wears so well. They are just a class act, and their song material is so varied.

We've both got the black Queen T-shirts with the colorful Queen logo for when we ride our motorcycle, which is also orange, cream and black. And usually as we go down the road one Queen song or another is running through my mind. Something about the rhythmical bark of the exhaust seems to encourage it.

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Almost never to be honest.
Queen is a great band. First band I really liked, but there is so much new and exciting music around these days..

Lookin' Divine In Good Ol' '89 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lookin' Divine In Good Ol' '89
Bohemian: 185 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It depends how much I listen to Queen. Like for instance, this last two weeks all i listened to was KISS (mainly their '80's stuff) and my many Zeppelin bootlegs. But today all of a sudden I felt like hearing the boys again and have listened to Osaka '79 night 1 and 2 today, Nagoya '82, and Concert for Kampuchea. Yesterday all I listened to was Chaos/Creation and Wild Life by Paul McCartney. So to answer your question, I listen to Queen at least several hundred times a month (song-wise) but I love others as well.

Queenfan1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenfan1995
Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 09, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

every day

dewantari deaky user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 02:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

almost everyday, even in purpose or accidentally listen to it because in my ipod most of the songs are Queen songs so when i shuffled it, Queen song usually played

dewantari
dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

An album in a couple of weeks. I don't like to listen to it every day, otherwise it loses the magic.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hardly at all these days. i still love to listen occasionally, but find there is far too much great music by other bands to hear also

go deo na hÉireann
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

hardly at all these days. i still love to listen occasionally, but find there is far too much great music by other bands to hear also

Same here!

catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I normally listen to Queen several times a week, but go through phases of not listening to it at all for weeks at a time.  I put GH2 into my car cd player two days ago, and it will probably stay in it for a few days, but before that i think i listened to GH1 a few weeks ago, listened to the Freddie and MJ tracks, and listened to Back to the Light today.  Other then that I haven't listened to it for a while.  Right now I'm listening to lots of Eurithmics, Michael Jackson, Scissor Sisters, Abba and some Eminem, (Abba and Eminem is a strange combination, i admit) as well as a few others. But in a few weeks I'll probably start on Queen again.  I haven't listened to A day at the Races or  A Night at the Opera for ages, I'll probably go for those.

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm currently in a phase where I'm listening to as much music as possible, including Queen.  Lately I've spent several hours a week listening to The Wallflowers since I'm seeing them live in concert on August 1st.  However, I'm still able to dedicate on average about 15 - 30 minutes worth of Queen every night before I go to sleep.  I usually end the night with a good ballad, haha.  Putting those two bands aside, I do listen to a variety of other music including other rock artists, jazz, and occasionally classical/romantic music.  I believe it's important to experience other kinds of music, otherwise our judgements of our favorites are largely disoriented and unreliable.  Plus, I simply love music!  It just so happens Queen stole my musical heart -- whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I'm not sure.  I had to struggle a bit to free myself from the band's grasp, so to speak.

BTW, I have gone through extended periods of time without listening to Queen -- which is fantastic, because when you return you love the music that much more, or see it in a different light.

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dewantari deaky wrote:

almost everyday, even in purpose or accidentally listen to it because in my ipod most of the songs are Queen songs so when i shuffled it, Queen song usually played

Store more music if your iPod has sufficient space available!  Don't miss out!

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
S.D.M.F
Major Tom

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even though I´m a swede, I really don´t like ABBA. Is there something wrong with me?

dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Major Tom wrote:

Even though I´m a swede, I really don´t like ABBA. Is there something wrong with me?

Probably no. I'm from East Europe, and I hate all our music except one band

Through the eons... user not visiting Queenzone.com
Through the eons...
Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Daily.....all my ringtones are Queen.

and on, and on........till the end of time.
S.D.M.F
Major Tom

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dragon-fly wrote:

Major Tom wrote:

Probably no. I'm from East Europe, and I hate all our music except one band

It´s not that they´re a swedish band, I love for instance, The Cardigans, Teddybears STHLM etc. But I find their music plain boring.

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1783 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 09, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Every Day,  Not always at home, but that's all I have on in my car, to & from work :-)

Joyful the sound