Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Free Concert Nightmare Experience

forum rss feed
Author

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Aug 09, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry had to share this with other like minded Queen fans just to get it out of my system.  Today being a nice UK summer day I took my kids to a free open air concert as it seemed like a fun thing to do.  3 to 4 thousands size crowd - Now wait for this - who was on the bill? non other than Scott Robinson formally from 5ive.  You can just fill in the rest of this yourselves I'm sure - guest what he decided to round his set off with - yep I'm sure your already there - We Will Rock You.  To the sounds of dad why aren't you joining in - seriously it took all my strength not to run for the stage and do something unmentionable to stop the blasphemy!  I'm all for letting the music live on but for dear god.  I have no singing voice whatsoever but I could have had a better go.  

Thankingfully it was his last number of the day so didn't get the chance to hang around and apologise at length.   I find it amazing what Queen fans have to put up with in 2009. Dread to think what might be around the corner.  Grumpy old man's rant over.  Feel free to comment.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 09, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You shoulda threw something at him. [img=/images/smiley/msn/devil_smile.gif][/img]

sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 09, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

..brian might be around the corner..

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 09, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman.

I can understand your feelings there.

What in hell possessed Brian and Roger to foist that mob 5ive on top of us.Its almost as bad as inviting Robbie Williams to sing as well

Btw,where are 5ive.More to the point where is Robbie Williams

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 09, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sexmachine wrote:

..brian might be around the corner..

My experience yesterday it just goes to show that when you have such a rich and quality back catalogue and performing history you really should be more careful what you do as it can in a very real way come back and embarrass you at some point.  The big shame is that some younger audience members considered this performance to be rather good when speaking from real experience someone should take this guy to one side and have a serious word about both credibility and the real skill to actually pull off this kind of performance. 

I'm all for expanding the life of Queen and hope that Brian and Roger continue to make 'quality' music but please, please don't do something like the 5ive thing again. 

vadenuez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 09, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sadly, they've just done it with Adam Lambert. I wouldn't be surprised if WATC turns to be Lambert's show closer from now on.

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 09, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And here I thought this was going to be about the Q+PR Birmingham gig last October where the venue removed all the decent seats.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.