Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Gripe about Queen Productions' lack of fan-butt-kissing here

forum rss feed
Author

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 09, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, I don't personally have any real issue with Queen Productions and their releases, but some people on this forum can't help but moan about things like the Singles Boxed Sets, the yet-to-be-released so-called Queen Anthologies and the new Absolute Hits collection.

So, here's a thread where you can b*tch to your hearts' content and leave other threads alone.

Have at it and stop shooting the messenger!

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6243 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 09, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People will bitch about whatever they want wherever they want. Here's one complaint I have, for instance:

I'm annoyed by people who come to this forum (which btw is a discussion, not a worship community) to give orders about where and when people should complain.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 09, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fair enough.

I'm sick of threads going from reasonable, topical discussions to off-topic repetitive complaint-fests.

I have my issues occassionally with Queen's releases, but I don't stoop to clogging threads with unconstructive whining about it (instead, I create threads like this for others. I call it Complaint Paradise...)

Discussion Forums should maintain some standards more in line with actual discussions and thread-deviants should be punished, Rorschach-style (I foresee jokes about killing the messenger 'Rorschach-style' now...).

In the end, I know none of it really matters. QP is going to do whatever QP wants to do.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 09, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys can hash this out.  Meanwhile,

fuck QP.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8670 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 09, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So we're not supposed to have criticism on new Queen releases?
I suggest you just open a new Queen forum and post your single-minded positivity crap on there and leave us moanzoners alone.
Whoops...i guess i just shot the messenger. My Bad!

Killed by drones.
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 09, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm interested in the new Absolute Greatest collection simply because I've heard a booklet is included-- something more than the usual cd insert-- there was a thread a while back about the first Singles Collection lacking substantial liner notes, transcript of rare interview, rare photos etc -- sure, QP isn't perfect, but balancing their business needs and fans' motives for buying repetitive product can't be easy either.  We just aren't privy to contract details...

Even so, a dvd of Houston 77, Hyde Park, Rainbow, Crazy Tour Ally Pally, audio of Golders Green (I know the boot is available), etc would be much appreciated.

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!