Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > STOP BEING SO SILLY

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 09, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listen you lot... stop being so silly, with far too many very boring, dull and unimaginative threads here - covering things already covered a hundred times before - and all too few interesting or intriguing or controversial threads.

Please will someone write something truly startling that will ROCK the Queen world to its very foundations.  Go on! Someone!!   ANYONE!!!!!!  

Is that too much to ask?

I've been having a look on this site this past 3 nights and am yet to find anything even remotely worth the time to read it.  Frankly, re-filling next door's cat litter tray would be more entertaining!!!  

Please, everyone.... TRY HARDER!!!!

Especially Togg and dear old dreary Darren1977, gawd bless ya both!

Come on now..... put some decent threads up and give me at least a fighting chance of keeping my eyelids open.

Currently, 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of the supposed 'serious' threads on here are duller than the wallpaper scheme in Togg's house.

Now come on!!!!!

GB

Posted: 08 Aug 09, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GB

Posted: 08 Aug 09, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GB

Posted: 08 Aug 09, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GB
thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 09, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where's my Queen Anthology?

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 09, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm waiting for an interesting Queen release that will truly ROCK the Queen world to its foundations.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 09, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After reading the title of this thread I immediately knew it was you, Greg.  But at any rate, I do agree with you.  There hasn't been much to read about here on Queenzone -- but in the absence of any interesting releases (with the exception of Hammersmith 1975) it doesn't surprise me.

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 09, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with them, Greg.  There is nothing exciting to write about regarding Queen. 

• They released more crappy product with the butchered live in Ukraine concert - listen to Brian's dubbed HTF solo.  Something later on in the tour would have been better.
  • No USA tour
  • Singles Collection 2 - no one wants it or needs it (Is there even a booklet with the damned thing?). Regardless if it is selling, that is just blind Queen fans buying whatever they throw at them.  Is it selling?
  • Greatest Hits version 19 is coming out - again, no one wants it
  • And what is up with the HORRIBLE art direction with the album covers???  Return of the Champions, Live in Ukraine, Cosmos Rocks, Stone Cold Classics, Singles sets, Rock Motreal, Wembley release with its colored in black and white photo, etc etc and now the 'new' "Greatest Bestest Hits That Everyone Owns Already On At Least 5 Other Queen Greatest Hits Albums".  When i look at older album covers I wonder if this is the same band.  Where is the creativity?  And I'm not talking music, just art and presentation.  Don't get me started about music after listening to Cosmos Rocks.....

Not to sound bitchy or complaining, but there is nothing to write about.  I want to get excited about Hammy 75 but Brian didn't even make it out to seem that it would actually be released on DVD.  I think he only mentioned something about a tv special with a possible release?  Are you kidding me???!!!!!  Hopefully I read that wrong.

Greg, I like you.  But lets get something straight.  Until Queen actually releases something worthwhile, or does something worthwhile - and the past year or so hasn't shown that - then there really is nothing exciting or earth-shattering to talk about.

I am holding my breath over a REAL anthology set that isn't half-assed like the singles collections, or rare material or some 1970 concert on dvd/cd.  We'll see, but I bet we'll get another 1981/2 or 1986 concert, again, before that ever happens.  Henson, out.

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
sundar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Creative criticism no doubt. All in good time.
It takes time for a good egg to hatch, but garbage
is produced instantly. I am sure, there is no lack of talent or ability, and their works speak
for themselves, so I'm not complaining.

I thought rock was about builiding foundations
not rocking them.

When I hear that rock and roll
real rock and roll
it gets down to my soul,
real rock and roll.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to agree with Greg completely, this forum is not what it used to be a couple of years ago.
But it's a bit surprising that this thread is started by a person who usually comes here to
1) insult other people
2) make fun of other people
3) very rarely seriously discuss Queen-related stuff

But anyway, I have to agree

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But if you want a serious discussion ....

Some months ago you wrote here some list. Some list of some concerts. What was it ? Because we originally
expected a list of all videos in the archives, but according to some of later coments it looks like some live audio recordings were listed there ?
Could you please definitively confirm WHAT was actually on that list ?

In the case you don't remember it, it looked like this :

Argentina 81
Brazil 81
Budapest 86
Earls Court 77
Hammy Odeon 79
Hyde Park 76
Houston 77
Japan Seibu 82
Japan Tokyo 85
Japan 79 (bits)
Knebworth 86
Live Aid 85
Maine Road 86
Mannheim 86
Milton Keynes 82
Montreal 81
Munich 79
Newcastle 86
Paris 79
Rainbow 74 (March) plus some of the Nov gig
Rio 85
Slane Castle 86
Wembley 86 x 2.
Paris 97 – Queen & Elton

The original thread is here http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1027435/the-queen-live-archive-list-finally-sorry-for-the-delay.aspx

tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1581 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I suggest that Queen Archivist start one good thread as an example of what is considered interesting.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 05:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

Listen you lot... stop being so silly, with far too many very boring, dull and unimaginative threads here - covering things already covered a hundred times before - and all too few interesting or intriguing or controversial threads.

Please will someone write something truly startling that will ROCK the Queen world to its very foundations.  Go on! Someone!!   ANYONE!!!!!!  

Is that too much to ask?

I've been having a look on this site this past 3 nights and am yet to find anything even remotely worth the time to read it.  Frankly, re-filling next door's cat litter tray would be more entertaining!!!  

Please, everyone.... TRY HARDER!!!!

Especially Togg and dear old dreary Darren1977, gawd bless ya both!

Come on now..... put some decent threads up and give me at least a fighting chance of keeping my eyelids open.

Currently, 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of the supposed 'serious' threads on here are duller than the wallpaper scheme in Togg's house.

Now come on!!!!!

You could try starting an interesting topic yourself -- that would be a first. You strike me as the type of person who thinks you are interesting or important  because of your proximity to interesting or important people. Think again...

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg my old buddy!

Look at it this way ... if this were, say ... Elvis Zone, the only threads we'd be able to post would be "Elvis; still dead as of 9/8/2009".

It's the same with Queen.  We can hardly write an interesting post about the cadaver until it twitches and something interesting falls out.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
BKempster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And the same old pattern is repeated - multiple threads created by our esteemed Archivist, asking for something but giving nothing.

Why are you so bothered about what happens here when you so clearly hate those who criticise QPL?

Get something interesting out to market ans we'll create some interesting threads on the back of it.  In the  meantime, it's back to the "Why does Brian wear clogs?" and "How many cats did Freddie have?" threads.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I reckon you rank your 'counter-topics' higher than those topics made by other members who merely criticise your ability concerning the job being Queen's archivist?

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME

Darren1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 266 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello Greg, How are you keeping?

Have you any news of what is coming down the pipeline besides endless compilations?

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Killed by drones.
ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 09, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Couldn't agree more with Greg.  Quite sad how this place has gone downhill over the past ten years.  That's not the fault of the site or owner.  It's down to the contributors.  Us lot.  But with a site subject that is increasingly irrelevant as each year goes by, it's only to be expected. 

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."