Forums > Personal > H1N1

forum rss feed
Author

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Aug 09, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey... i wan't to know...

it's just Brazil that is paralized with this Virus?? i'm not having class and the stores are all closed... have people dying and all peoples are worried... it is just Brazil who is worried with this virus... influenza A????
please tell me!!


P.A
dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Aug 09, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Europe in comparison to Brazil is quiet, I would say

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Aug 09, 22:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And the stores are closed...? Where in Brazil do you live?
I'm a fellow Brazilian and I my holidays were extended for 2 weeks - I should've gone back to university on August 3rd, and I'm going on the 17th instead. But except for most schools (not all), everything in my home city seems to be working normally, shops have been working all day, on weekends nightclubs and bars have been full... You can only notice there's something wrong when you enter the hospital and realise everyone over there's paranoid.
I've also heard the city where I study is pretty normal. At the students' favorites nightclubs, parties will be held next week every night from Sunday to Sunday to "celebrate" the end of our holidays and our return to that city, there will be a rock concert over there next month, and the only comments I hear about swine flu from my mates from university are jokes. And once now and then someone asks if there's any chance of classes being suspended for more time so that they can enjoy a few more days off.
I personally didn't enjoy the fact that our holidays were extended (especially because it means my exams period will be on xmas week), and I'm not afraid of going back. I'll be more careful about personal hygiene (especially with my hands) and live my life normally. Healthy people don't really have any big reason to be worried - as far as I'm concerned, young people who died were already weak for some other reason.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 01:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Swine flu has started spreading here and every day new cases are being reported. 2 or 3 deaths in my city so far have been attributed to Swine Flu infection.

Like in Brazil, schools and colleges have decided to close down for a week.

Incidetally 17 students from Freddie's school were infected and thankfuly diagnosed at the right time and they are cured now.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/15/20090812200908120441231407d1f8bd5/A-flu-lessons-from-Panchgani-school.html

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In Holland, people (mostly those supporting the far-right PVV, which is on the rise, sadly) are screaming at the top of their voice that it's all one big conspiracy. I hope they die out. Anyway, there's no real panic, but we've only had a few cases here, and most people are too stupid to understand anything about medical science in the first place, and too lazy to learn anything about it.



Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Raf wrote:

And the stores are closed...? Where in Brazil do you live?
in some citys of Paraná the stores are closed!!




P.A
Queen On Ice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ice Cold
Queen On Ice
Bohemian: 128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ThomasQuinn wrote:

In Holland, people (mostly those supporting the far-right PVV, which is on the rise, sadly) are screaming at the top of their voice that it's all one big conspiracy. I hope they die out. Anyway, there's no real panic, but we've only had a few cases here, and most people are too stupid to understand anything about medical science in the first place, and too lazy to learn anything about it.







Sadly such illnesses are indiscriminate when it comes to who they infect. Perhaps though the members and supporters of said party might ignore all the warnings and preventative measures if they truly don't believe in it, which could put them at more risk of infection.



Sadly also, the illness itself is not really a killer - unless the sufferrer has a pre-exisiting condition or falls into some other catagory of high death-risk. Sadly again, political views do not come under such parameters.



You can but dream however.





If you're searching out for something,

Don't try do hard.
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» user not visiting Queenzone.com
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»
Bohemian: 479 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They're expecting the H1N1 to hit hard this fall and winter all over the planet. They're supposed to have a vaccine ready in my country (Canada)  this fall.
'



¥~Ït’š iñ thë LåÞ øf thè Gódš~¥
PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» wrote:

They're expecting the H1N1 to hit hard this fall and winter all over the planet. They're supposed to have a vaccine ready in my country (Canada)  this fall.
'






Here in Brazil will arrive a vaccine in october , i think..., now the people just take the medicine "tamiflu",, it's the name of the drug!!


P.A
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes.  You are going to die.  It's terrible news and we will all miss you and pray for your eternal soul.

You will not be forgotten.

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Micrówave wrote:

Yes.  You are going to die.  It's terrible news and we will all miss you and pray for your eternal soul.

You will not be forgotten.






hey.. big friend you.. i hope it doesn't happend! kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk


P.A
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



QueenPaulo wrote:







Raf wrote:



And the stores are closed...? Where in Brazil do you live?

in some citys of Paraná the stores are closed!!








I've just read that most universities over there will be shut for longer than previously expected. I also read that in Rio they're shutting for an extra week, and a couple of universities in MG will be shut until they feel it's safe.
I'm hoping mine will stick with the 17. 








We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 09, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Schools are a big problem. All the Brazilian people need to know about this flu is that they should wash their hands more often and avoid touching things bare-handed - every single imaginable thing, but especially books. Books are dangerous, therefore the measure. If Brazilian parents only knew how many different people have already touched each page of the kid's book, how many germs live on the surface of each one of them; if they only knew that the very page of the book may have been recycled from toilet paper, the spread of this thing would come to a halt.
 
Brazilians, do no wrong: wash your hands, wear gloves and masks especially before going to bed and engaging in erotic activities with your partner - cause you're a wretched people! - and avoid books by all means. 

No worries about the rest: going to clubs, parties, taking the bus. It's all safe. You may even fight to get more strikes going at the University, but remember: no books, no classrooms.


Yara
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 09, 01:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenPaulo wrote:

kkkkkkkkkkkkkk


Oh God, it's happening so soon.  Save your strength, buddy.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 09, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







Yara wrote:



Schools are a big problem. All the Brazilian people need to know about this flu is that they should wash their hands more often and avoid touching things bare-handed - every single imaginable thing, but especially books. Books are dangerous, therefore the measure. If Brazilian parents only knew how many different people have already touched each page of the kid's book, how many germs live on the surface of each one of them; if they only knew that the very page of the book may have been recycled from toilet paper, the spread of this thing would come to a halt.



Brazilians, do no wrong: wash your hands, wear gloves and masks especially before going to bed and engaging in erotic activities with your partner - cause you're a wretched people! - and avoid books by all means. 



No worries about the rest: going to clubs, parties, taking the bus. It's all safe. You may even fight to get more strikes going at the University, but remember: no books, no classrooms.  


http://noticias.uol.com.br/cotidiano/2009/08/13/ult7403u351.jhtm















Perhaps if they provided a good solution for the scandals in the Senate, they'd win the next elections no matter how many children died of swine flu by going to school ;)



We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!