Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen Live Footage on Youtube

forum rss feed
Author

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Aug 09, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know how I missed that. Is this footage really from Rotterdam '1978? I haven't listened to the bootleg for some good deal of time already, but I do remember the performance was very good. 

Anyway, can anyone tell whether the footage is really from Rotterdam '1978 and what audio source is the video set to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctUMKuAQbTQ

Thanks and regards.

Yara

Posted: 19 Aug 09, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, the emulation by Freddie on the piano of the big harmony preceeding the chorus through quick-paced and melodic bass chords is really great - it's about 0:40-0:36. The positioning of and the gentle work done by his left hand is remarkable - that is, if this really comes from the Rotterdam gig and it's not a collage of sorts.

Yara
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18474 posts

Posted: 19 Aug 09, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's Munich 78, not Rotterdam.  Someone's probably just trying to pass it off as new footage, but they won't get too far.

Great footage though... amongst the very best 70s footage of the band.  Keep Yourself Alive from this show was broadcast in that same documentary a few years back.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10025 posts

Posted: 19 Aug 09, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VERY bad copy of the Japan broadcast of Munich 78. Yara, if you want it the DVD "Live Jewels" was shared here (a direct copy of the broadcast)

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 19 Aug 09, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

VERY bad copy of the Japan broadcast of Munich 78. Yara, if you want it the DVD "Live Jewels" was shared here (a direct copy of the broadcast)

yeap... i downloaded it!!

P.A
death to ming! 15176 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 20 Aug 09, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know enough to say whether it's Munich or Rotterdam, but I think it's worth mentioning that it says "1978 Netherlands" at the top left corner of the screen at the beginning in Japanese. So, if it is indeed incorrectly labelled as being from Rotterdam, I wouldn't necessarily blame the uploader as even NHK, the national broadcaster of Japan, got it wrong.

Posted: 20 Aug 09, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Japanese Torture wrote:

I don't know enough to say whether it's Munich or Rotterdam, but I think it's worth mentioning that it says "1978 Netherlands" at the top left corner of the screen at the beginning in Japanese. So, if it is indeed incorrectly labelled as being from Rotterdam, I wouldn't necessarily blame the uploader as even NHK, the national broadcaster of Japan, got it wrong.

Really? Thanks for the info. Very kind of you. 

Yara
P-Tr extinction event user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 492 posts

Posted: 20 Aug 09, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if thats is true its quite possible that QPL delivered the footage to NHK with wrong label... would it surprise anyone... i guess not.   Later this show featured the Rotterdam 79 soundcheck, so why not mix it up - no one will care ;)