Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Initial Reaction to the Formation of QPR

forum rss feed
Author

dgrand44 user not visiting Queenzone.com
dgrand44
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Sep 09, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I first heard that Brian May and Roger Taylor were teaming up with Paul Rodgers and going on tour, I was a little worried. I thought Rodgers was going to ruin Queen's image and was trying to replace frontman, Freddie Mercury. However, I recently picked up a copy of Live in Ukraine and it was incredible. Rodgers put on a great show and sang each Queen song his own way, rather than trying to imitate Freddie. What were your thoughts on the announcement of QPR and do you think he was the right person to go on tour with?

pg user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 101 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 09, 05:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

!!!  It seems Paul  isn´t handling well with  QPR ....he need many rest now  !!!

Rodgers told police he was part of a mind-control experiment

[img=/images/smiley/msn/lightbulb.gif][/img]   .... what you did in the past will hunt you in your future !

Love and Peace

Paul is part of Queen´s history
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 09, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dgrand44 wrote:

When I first heard that Brian May and Roger Taylor were teaming up with Paul Rodgers and going on tour, I was a little worried. I thought Rodgers was going to ruin Queen's image and was trying to replace frontman, Freddie Mercury. However, I recently picked up a copy of Live in Ukraine and it was incredible. Rodgers put on a great show and sang each Queen song his own way, rather than trying to imitate Freddie. What were your thoughts on the announcement of QPR and do you think he was the right person to go on tour with?

If it's alright with you I'd sooner not go back 5 years to have that same old discussion again.  It's gone beyond tedious now. 

dgrand44 user not visiting Queenzone.com
dgrand44
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 09, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

dgrand44 wrote:

If it's alright with you I'd sooner not go back 5 years to have that same old discussion again.  It's gone beyond tedious now. 

Hey, sorry about that. I'll just read other threads involving their formation

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 09, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen AND Paul Rodgers?!?!  Oh my gosh!!!  This would be like a dream come true!!!!

Let me know if you hear any more about this.  Will they tour?  Possibly a new album? 

That would sure make the universe roll.

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 09, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This could really work given a decent chance - any possibility of them doing a tour in 2010?

More Cowbell user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 41 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 10, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The best Queen tribute band in the world ever!

jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts

Posted: 14 Feb 10, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

or the cosmos rock

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 535 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 10, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First reaction to QPR? "Who the hell is PR?!?"

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 09 May 10, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well when I saw Queen + Paul Rodgers perform on the internet at the Songwriters Hall Of Fame I think in England I was so shocked and amazed how good it was and that they were collaborating that I swallowed my gum!!!    It was a real experience that I will remember for a lifetime!     I had waited YEARS for Queen to make their return after a number of great one off's and I was one who said they do projects together!!!    I think they have been brilliant and I stand by "The Cosmos Rocks" being one of the best Queen studio l.p.s of all time!!!    For whatever it is worth Paul Rodgers is from one of the greatest recording groups of all time and that being FREE!!!    I hope they work together in the future though I think it might be good if Queen work with someone else (or elses (plural)) first.

Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 12 May 10, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember coming home from work, late one night, and i just worked my way through the newspaper over a cup of coffea. When I got to the entertainment section my jaw dropped. THE ORIGINAL BLACK SABBATH WAS DOING A RE-REUNION TOUR OF EUROPE!

Holy fuck, tickets up for sale tomorrow morning 0900.

A bit further down the page was a add for Queen + Paul Rodgers but honestly, I couldn´t give a shit. Mind you I´ve been a huge Queen fan since I was 9 years and at the time had only been a Sabbath fan for maybe 5 years.

I got my tickets for the Sabbath gig, and holy hell, was it a ride!

I also got two tickets to Q+PR from my old man as a birthdaypresent.
-Take someone with you, he said, as I was somewhat involved with a lady at the time.
But there was never any doubt who was coming with me. The man that got me into Queen and basicly Rock n roll alltogether. I took my old man to see Q+PR and it was a great, great concert.

That was a somewhat clear memory from my initial reaction of the Q+PR colaboration.
In short words: -Nah, fuck that! -Sabbath, Sabbath, Sabbath, Sabbath, Sabbath!

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
IReallyLoveQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 211 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 10, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE QUEEN