Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen's diversity

forum rss feed
Author

lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Sep 09, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's a video.  Anything you disagree about or something I forgot?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vwlfyzvX4

Stalinesque user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stalinesque
Champion: 68 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 09, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems very complete to me, I guess I don't even know the exact differences between all these genres :)

But if it is splitted that much ain't there a Rock'n'Roll out there or is that Crazy Little Thing Called Love as Rockabilly ?

Somewhere in this forum I saw an extensive discussion whether My Melanchy Blues is more a blues or a jazz, but I'm not able to recognize the results or figure out the exact difference.

Would A Dozen Red Roses For My Darling count as Electronic or even Techno or something like that ? When I first heard it I thought "Oh, this sounds like techno, just a bit slow".

According to the german wikipedia Track 13 is ambient and Who Needs You a bossa nova. Also the flamenco part of Innuendo is mentioned.

What genre would you put Blurred Vision in ?

What about the musical and soundtrack ?

Buy the reissiued Josef Stalin album - Big Boobs, which influenced Queen to release Hot Space - Out Now - with the new previously unreleased track: Gulag For Everyone
lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 09, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stalinesque wrote:

Seems very complete to me, I guess I don't even know the exact differences between all these genres :)

But if it is splitted that much ain't there a Rock'n'Roll out there or is that Crazy Little Thing Called Love as Rockabilly ?

Somewhere in this forum I saw an extensive discussion whether My Melanchy Blues is more a blues or a jazz, but I'm not able to recognize the results or figure out the exact difference.

Would A Dozen Red Roses For My Darling count as Electronic or even Techno or something like that ? When I first heard it I thought "Oh, this sounds like techno, just a bit slow".

According to the german wikipedia Track 13 is ambient and Who Needs You a bossa nova. Also the flamenco part of Innuendo is mentioned.

What genre would you put Blurred Vision in ?

What about the musical and soundtrack ?

I guess Crazy Little Thing Called Love could also be under Rock and Roll (or Man On The Prowl for that matter)

I'll relook these other tracks and see what I think.

qrock user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 09, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Go and see my list in the queen genres game. Don't forget to add lullaby with Dear Friends and Glam metal tie your mother down.

Cincinnati Bow Tie user not visiting Queenzone.com
I soiled myself, methinks.
Cincinnati Bow Tie
Champion: 71 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 09, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had no idea Queen made a large, large wooden ship.

Richard M. Nixon