Forums > Personal > Adam Lambert's Debut Album

forum rss feed
Author

cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 09, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not that I expect many here to run out and preorder it, but sales of Adam's yet unnamed album in one day's time, by word-of-mouth, as there was no official release that it was available for preorder, has risen to #2 on Amazon's list, ahead of even the Beatles. Barbara Streisand's latest album is #1.

It promises much. I am curious to see if it delivers. I have my preorder in.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/lambert_riot_Odn517d7RJZXPzwvrrBCnK

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 09, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As great a singer he is, I'm not going to listen to his album because it's probably going to be a genre I won't like, something like contemporary pop/disco/dance whatever. As much as I hate to admit it, Gene Simmons is right, there's no way I can see Adam Lambert doing rock. Normally I listen to metal so this is a "skip"-on-sight.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 09, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cacatua wrote:

Not that I expect many here to run out and preorder it, but sales of Adam's yet unnamed album in one day's time, by word-of-mouth, as there was no official release that it was available for preorder, has risen to #2 on Amazon's list, ahead of even the Beatles. 

Still a bit of catching up to do in the long run (!) but that's pretty neat.  More power to him!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
cacatua

Posted: 29 Sep 09, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've heard things like electronic pop/rock, and disco that make me queasy, but it all depends on how it is done. One of the songs called Strut has been praised by some who have heard it as being a self-empowering, anthem type of song, and I think will be the single, but there have been no leaks on YouTube or anywhere else to hear. So we wait..........

Posted: 29 Sep 09, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'm only really interested in hearing the song he did for 2012(the movie). Brian described it as "epic". Now, I know that Brian is hard to take seriously nowadays but I really want to find "epic" in what way..

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 09, 02:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He used that same word for some of the TCR tracks.  I don't have a blind, irrational hatred of the album - it has some great moments - but I don't really think any of it qualifies as epic.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 09, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasn't "Strut" the song that stirred Brian into a cloud of whipped cream?

Yara
cacatua

Posted: 30 Sep 09, 09:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yara wrote:

Wasn't "Strut" the song that stirred Brian into a cloud of whipped cream?

No. That one was the song for the movie 2012, title of which is Time For Miracles. He is actually credited on the movie poster, below the other regular credits, which is kind of odd, considering he doesn't actually have a career yet, it being mostly all potential and anticipation at this point.

After Brian's gushy statement about that recording, we are all hoping that the song will be released ahead of the movie, which is due out on October 25th, I think, so we get to hear some of the results of all of that anticipation and potential, as his album isn't due out for another month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT
Make that the movie 2012 is due out on November 13th. Seems like everything is happening in November, though Adam's song is expected to be released in mid to late October.

cacatua

Posted: 30 Sep 09, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just read another google alert, and apparently Adam's album hit #1 at amazon yesterday afternoon. Don't know how long that will last but it is kinda cool, I guess.

It brings the Queen song Under Pressure to mind as well.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 09, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll probably download it.

If I don't like it, I'll delete it. If I do, I'll keep it.

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 09, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

I'll probably download it.

If I don't like it, I'll delete it. If I do, I'll keep it.

better download than buy it! agree with you!!!!

P.A
cacatua

Posted: 01 Oct 09, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2012 MOVIE THAT FEATURES ADAM LAMBERT'S SONG PLANS MEDIA BLITZ ON OCTOBER 1ST

On Thursday night, October 1st, nearly 450 television and cable stations will be airing a new 2-minute preview for the end of the world movie 2012. All at about the same time.
The big cliffhanger scene will air across the county between 10:50 - 11:00 p.m. EST/PST, between 9:50 - 10:00 p.m. CST/MST and between 8:50 - 9:00 p.m. Mountain Time.

The multi-million dollar promotion is expected to be seen by nearly 110 million. The preview will air on the three major broadcast networks (ABC, CBS and NBC), 89 cable networks, local TV stations in the top 70 markets and Spanish-language networks across the country.

2012 is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors. It will be released in theaters on November 13th.

Adam Lambert's song "Time For Miracles" is in the movie and soundtrack and is rumored to be heard during this media blitz.

cacatua

Posted: 02 Oct 09, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, after seeing the 2012 spot, I can say it will be a disaster extravaganza, but it shed no light on Adam's song. It probably did get more people watching for it, just in case.

cacatua

Posted: 09 Oct 09, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is the teaser for the movie 2012, with a bit of Adam's song, the one that Brian raved about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-LdUWuVBgM&feature=player_embedded

Posted: 09 Oct 09, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not sure what to expect. Sounds better than I expected. A bit trite. It's curiously refreshing though.

cacatua

Posted: 09 Oct 09, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saif wrote:

Not sure what to expect. Sounds better than I expected. A bit trite. It's curiously refreshing though.

After seeing what Brian said about the performance, I had to wonder if anything could live up to that. You are right about the refreshing part. That's a good description. It is off to a rather grand beginning, and is stuck in my head now. Damn them for not giving up the whole thing!

cacatua

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cacatua wrote:

Saif wrote:

After seeing what Brian said about the performance, I had to wonder if anything could live up to that. You are right about the refreshing part. That's a good description. It is off to a rather grand beginning, and is stuck in my head now. Damn them for not giving up the whole thing!

Here is a link for the mp3 download preview clip at Amazon, which will be available for sale on Oct 20th. It is much better than the movie clip.
http://www.amazon.com/Time-For-Miracles/dp/B002SB3AT2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1255271749&sr=1-7

EDIT: Went back to watch the movie clip again, and I'd have to say that they are not the same section, though the theme repeats of course. Both worth listening to. The Amazon clip is less cluttered by the movie stuff.

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saif wrote:

Which is why it will be a radio mega-hit.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
cacatua

Posted: 13 Oct 09, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam helped announce the American Music Award nominees today, and later in an interview with Ryan Seacrest, Adam said he would be performing whatever single they go with from his upcoming album on the show on November 22nd.

cacatua

Posted: 13 Oct 09, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is an interesting video of an interview with Rob Cavallo about working with Adam and his upcoming album:
http://mjsbigblog.com/adam-lambert-producer-rob-cavallo-spills-the-details.htm