Forums > Personal > Freddie rose?

forum rss feed
Author

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i remember in a long distant past that there was a Freddie rose available at the Chelsea Flower Show..
is it still available to buy/plant or was it just a 5 minute fad?
the reason i ask is that im trying to do a 'Queen' related theme in my garden and thought the rose would be a nice touch..

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know anything about the rose. But I'm very curious to know how will look like "Queen garden".

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.afriendofqueen.co.uk/freddie_rose.html
Scroll to the bottom and note down the address/phone number.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cheers!
ive made a note of the address and while contact them in the New Year.

it can grow next to my Cosmos [rocks] up in Wonky Corner. :-]

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dragon-fly wrote:

I don't know anything about the rose. But I'm very curious to know how will look like "Queen garden".

im growing plants and flowers with a Queen 'theme' to them in the little part of the garden known as 'wonky corner' for example:
Cosmos [rocks]

dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The rose looks nice. So, there are more flowers which names are connected to Queen? I had no idea.
The only plant which I take care of  is cactus. I have diffrent kinds (not that much). One of them, which I have for almost 10 years, got the blossom this summer. The first time! The flower was bigger than my palm. I was jumping all around out of happiness:)

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cacti! Argh...that reminds me of a particular coital mishap of mine. :(

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thought for a second this topic was going to be a Freddie's alive type thread!  Good luck with the garden Joxer!  Sounds nice.  I can't make plants last, i usually manage to kill them within a week or two, except for an orchid which is still somewhat alive months after I bought it, so I have the utmost respect for anyone who can actually manage a flower garden!  :)

Um... a cactus????!!!!!  Ouch.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm trying to do a 'Queen' related theme in my garden

All you need is three pansies and one giant daffodill.

cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 09, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saif wrote:

http://www.afriendofqueen.co.uk/freddie_rose.html
Scroll to the bottom and note down the address/phone number.

The rose isn't available in the USA because they can't be imported over here. THEN the annoying turkey who owns this website won't even allow a person to save a picture of one of the roses! Stingy bastard!

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 04 Oct 09, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, I finally looked at the website.

What a fricking moron.  Get a life.  Can you make me a Star Trek rose?  I'll take it to the wax museum and pin it to Mr. Spock.

Home Depot has some much better looking rosebushes, and they don't create some bullshit surrounding them.

ILoveQueen20 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ILoveQueen20
Bohemian: 249 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 09, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

haha  a Queen themed garden wat a great idea! I love those Rose's Ima gonna buy some me thinks! & they do let you copy them just click on the image then ti comes up larger still it's silly not lettting people share those lovley Rose photos!

Queen Forever!
cacatua

Posted: 06 Oct 09, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ILoveQueen20 wrote:

haha  a Queen themed garden wat a great idea! I love those Rose's Ima gonna buy some me thinks! & they do let you copy them just click on the image then ti comes up larger still it's silly not lettting people share those lovley Rose photos!

You are right about saving the pictures. They were larger than the average thumbnail so I didn't try to click on them for a larger image, and right clicking on them gets one a chime and notice that right click has been disabled due to copyright. However, I see that when you get the larger image it has writing across it for the same copyright purpose.

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 09, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cacatua wrote:

ILoveQueen20 wrote:

You are right about saving the pictures. They were larger than the average thumbnail so I didn't try to click on them for a larger image, and right clicking on them gets one a chime and notice that right click has been disabled due to copyright. However, I see that when you get the larger image it has writing across it for the same copyright purpose.

I actually had no problem with the function of right-click in regard to saving photos.  But with all that watermarked stuff over the top of the larger photos, it defeats the purpose anyway.  I'm not saving any.

Google the Freddie Mercury Rose, and there a few pictures out there that should be easily saveable.  In fact, I know that there are at least two out there.  

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
anoushi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 09, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are my pictures you tossers, if you want a copy of one ask and I can provide without the watermark, many Queen fans have benifited through asking you dumbfucks!!!

Dont presume they are available for free just because I have them on my website, I have provided info of how the rose came about and where you can buy it from so if you purchase you too can  take your own photos to share if you want to, what more do you want?????

cacatua

Posted: 06 Oct 09, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magic_vision wrote:

They are my pictures you tossers, if you want a copy of one ask and I can provide without the watermark, many Queen fans have benifited through asking you dumbfucks!!!

Dont presume they are available for free just because I have them on my website, I have provided info of how the rose came about and where you can buy it from so if you purchase you too can  take your own photos to share if you want to, what more do you want?????

Look, I do appreciate your website, but:

#1 - I can't get the rose here in the USA.

#2 - If I did have something like the rose and had a number of nice pictures which I had taken, and I do take good pictures myself,  I would gladly let the pictures be saved by whomever was interested without having a copyright on them. Just what is the reason for that anyway?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 09, 02:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magic_vision wrote:

I am now going to share your photos everywhere until the end of time.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
cacatua

Posted: 07 Oct 09, 09:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who is going to be interested in this rose but Queen fans?
He must be a subsidiary of Queen Productions.

ILoveQueen20 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ILoveQueen20
Bohemian: 249 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 09, 09:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magic_vision wrote:

That made me LOL & Yes we should spam them all over the internet seeing as theres nto no need to swear at us fellow Queen fans xD

Queen Forever!
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 07 Oct 09, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magic_vision wrote:

So you actually PAID for a Freddie Rose?  Whose the moron?  Whose the "tosser"?  Whose the "dumbfuck"?

That would be you, magic_vision.

Does Mommy know that you're playing on the computer again?